• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Niemand

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh yeah . . . what would you do ??
    You see looters. You take out your cell phone and take pics/vids. They see you. Several of them approach you,give you some shit,and demand your $500.-$800. phone.
    They tell you if you don't simply hand it over to them,they will take it from you. You have a CWP and are armed.
    What do you do ?? --- SAWMAN

Not get myself into that situation by drawing attention to myself.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I returned on 14th after several days of cancelled flights before and after M via P'Cola as NWFB Airport was still closed. On eastern PCB we had low pressure (boil notice) water. Power was restored on the 15. Verizon was down for over a week, came back with limited coverage and weak sporadic signal, then went down again on two seperate days: AT&T was handling/routing some of the traffic that was working. VZ has been good fot the last two days. Cable/Net working this morning.

Probably six Loot/Shoot signs within a bock of my house, one says gators will be fed before dawn and another has been "salted" with a few spent shougun hulls! Lol. I spoke to a City Council men two days ago, sait their have been only two reports of looting in PCB, Nno arrests.
    I helped a friend/business owner pull vid/game/vending machines from a bar in Lynnhaven. Heavily looted: every machine was broken into and bills/coin removed. Every bottle of liquor, wine and beer and kegs (including the connected ones). TV/Electronics were there as far as I could tell but most were on the floor soaked/covered with debris. Utility Workers still loking for water shutoffs under debris or just crimping/capping flowing lines. Lynnhaven, PC are the worst areas I've seen. Only thing missing is bomb craters and large burnout, otherwise it resembles very effective airstrikes.

The large four story (+-) boat storage facility you saw torn apart/collapsed is four blocks from my house. I can see the salvage crane boom from my place. I'm in fair shape: I got the trees off the house Sat, need a roof and hope ACOE Blue roof will tarp it soon as it has been inspected just don't know where I fall in priority/line. Back yard 6 ft wood privacy fence is mostly down/busted or missing on all sides. Fridge fried after we got power back (replaced it already), I think the compressor couldn't handle the absorbed heat and restart load.

Friends that temp relocated to my place are back home, a relative brought over a RV so they're camping in their front yard. Daughter's townhouse in Old Saint Andrews lost most of the roof, as in see the sky from several rooms. Water intrusion killed the rest and it needs to be gutted. She salvaged some clothes from closest and dressers after several days of washing. Same with pots pans and dishes. Everythin else ruined from impacts, water damage or mold which took over by day 2. Half of her dental office is gone with no estimate on rebuild or if clientele with have jobs/insurance/income to have non urgent treatment. Needless to say there are no rentals, hotels are full with other displaced hurricane families or relief/repair crews. She's had enough, moving to Indiana where hubby is from to start over.mI'm going to miss them and the Grandson badly.

My insurance guy shoud be here Tuesday. Getting legitimate and timely repairs will be the next hurtle

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    ^--- that right there, is a cold dose of reality.

Thanks for taking the time to type that up and share it. Really makes a person count their blessings...

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    She's had enough, moving to Indiana where hubby is from to start over.mI'm going to miss them and the Grandson badly.

That right there stinks and is probably a reality for many people that lost it all. A lot of people that worked in the area have lost jobs and well, they need money and jobs to keep going. Only thing to do is relocate somewhere else and start over. Going to be a while till normal life can begin for the area. I hope your daughter is well and she and her family find the strength to start over. I hate to hear about people that get permanently displaced from mess like this.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I returned on 14th after several days of cancelled flights before and after M via P'Cola as NWFB Airport was still closed. On eastern PCB we had low pressure (boil notice) water. Power was restored on the 15. Verizon was down for over a week, came back with limited coverage and weak sporadic signal, then went down again on two seperate days: AT&T was handling/routing some of the traffic that was working. VZ has been good fot the last two days. Cable/Net working this morning.

Probably six Loot/Shoot signs within a bock of my house, one says gators will be fed before dawn and another has been "salted" with a few spent shougun hulls! Lol. I spoke to a City Council men two days ago, sait their have been only two reports of looting in PCB, Nno arrests.
    I helped a friend/business owner pull vid/game/vending machines from a bar in Lynnhaven. Heavily looted: every machine was broken into and bills/coin removed. Every bottle of liquor, wine and beer and kegs (including the connected ones). TV/Electronics were there as far as I could tell but most were on the floor soaked/covered with debris. Utility Workers still loking for water shutoffs under debris or just crimping/capping flowing lines. Lynnhaven, PC are the worst areas I've seen. Only thing missing is bomb craters and large burnout, otherwise it resembles very effective airstrikes.

The large four story (+-) boat storage facility you saw torn apart/collapsed is four blocks from my house. I can see the salvage crane boom from my place. I'm in fair shape: I got the trees off the house Sat, need a roof and hope ACOE Blue roof will tarp it soon as it has been inspected just don't know where I fall in priority/line. Back yard 6 ft wood privacy fence is mostly down/busted or missing on all sides. Fridge fried after we got power back (replaced it already), I think the compressor couldn't handle the absorbed heat and restart load.

Friends that temp relocated to my place are back home, a relative brought over a RV so they're camping in their front yard. Daughter's townhouse in Old Saint Andrews lost most of the roof, as in see the sky from several rooms. Water intrusion killed the rest and it needs to be gutted. She salvaged some clothes from closest and dressers after several days of washing. Same with pots pans and dishes. Everythin else ruined from impacts, water damage or mold which took over by day 2. Half of her dental office is gone with no estimate on rebuild or if clientele with have jobs/insurance/income to have non urgent treatment. Needless to say there are no rentals, hotels are full with other displaced hurricane families or relief/repair crews. She's had enough, moving to Indiana where hubby is from to start over.mI'm going to miss them and the Grandson badly.

My insurance guy shoud be here Tuesday. Getting legitimate and timely repairs will be the next hurtle

Glad you are OK, hope you get things done quickly. So sorry about your daughter. There will be fewer businesses and jobs for years, the tax base will certainly go down and many people will leave and relocate. Take Care

Joeinfl

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So sorry for your losses and those of everyone in the area. There is really no way anyone that did not experience the devastation could grasp the magnitude of it. Keep your head up, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thank you all for the kind thoughts.

Many, my self included; have expressed or thanks to LE, FD, EMS and the utility workers. As business open under tarps/boards and workers are leaving their families and shelter needs undone to earn a paycheck and provide others services in one way or another. I encourage you to give a them some sincere words of appreciation.

Curfew still in effect for Bay County and PCB. One starts a 2100 the other at 2200. Boundaries are all chopped updue to the Beach annexation of high profit business real estate to increase City tax base. Makes Last Call and Haul an interesting gamble. Lol

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    looks like mexico's west coast is going to catch it next
    MEXICO CITY — A potential catastrophic Hurricane Willa swept toward Mexico's Pacific coast with winds of 155 mph (250 kph) Monday, threatening a stretch of high-rise resort hotels, surfing beaches and fishing villages.
    After briefly reaching Category 5 strength, the storm's maximum sustained winds weakened slightly to Category 4 at midafternoon. But it remained "extremely dangerous" and was expected to bring "life-threatening storm surge, wind and rainfall" to parts of west-central and southwestern Mexico ahead of an expected Tuesday landfall, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/t...icos-pacific-coast/ar-BBOI3pv?ocid=spartanntp

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    After it was confirmed the five were in Mexico Beach doing humanitarian work, they were released on Friday. Ruth Corley with the Bay County Sheriff's Office says they were not impersonating federal agents and were not sovereign citizens.

Wow, I can see the possible confusion though

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I feel badly for those impacted hard by the storm, I was walking around my porch during ivan, and dennis, up praying for the storm to leave our houses intact...the sound was intense..and we were 30 miles from the coast...

the next morning, it was shocking to see the damage, it looked like a fleet of bulldozers had come thru the woods laying hundreds of trees down..we drove down to the corner of 29 and hwy 97 & turned around and came back...it was hard to see thru the tears, from both my wife and i..our houses were ok, but many of my neighbors down the road, were destroyed or damaged badly...

shock, empathy, and gratitude were foremost in our minds...i had to fly out of town, when i returned, i thought every house in Pensacola had a pool.. from the blue tarps, they look like pools from the air.

14 day, no power..i could have adopted Robert, the gulf power lineman that got us up and running ..i did not turn the thermostat down for days afterwards

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In the aftermath of such storms it is wise to check out your homes structurally do what is needed to make them stronger. An extra set of hurricane clips or straps can help a lot with keeping the roof on. Shutters for the storm side of the house. Reinforce your garage doors. remove large trees that are near your house etc.

I see people saying that they hope mexico takes a good hit. I do not wish such destruction on any one without a very good reason. One thing that will send refugees to our borders is devastation.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    i do not wish destruction on anyone in the path of a cat 4.

but by the time it hits, & weakens, and if it goes south, it will be a big rainmaker, that is what i referred to in my other post.

rain is a discouragement on those marching north from Honduras..

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    i do not wish destruction on anyone in the path of a cat 4.

but by the time it hits, & weakens, and if it goes south, it will be a big rainmaker, that is what i referred to in my other post.

rain is a discouragement on those marching north from Honduras..
    Below at this moment it will be traveling to the north east. It forecast to hit hard hard on the pacific coast with hurricane force winds.
    h wilma.GIF

Attachments

• h wilma.GIF
      h wilma.GIF
      225.7 KB · Views: 170
    Top Bottom