• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My public service announcement for anyone owning CZ O/U shotguns....check your POI from top to bottom....the story; I purchased a CZ Reaper magnum O/U shotgun for turkey hunting early this year. When patterning it, I found the POI from top bbl to bottom was off significantly. Since turkey season was imminent, I hunted with it relying on top barrel. The bottom bbl was shooting 15+" lower than top barrel at 40 yards. I have read some reviews and others have had a similar problem...only turkey hunters regularly pattern like this so who knows if other field guns have a similar issue.

The kicker is that I sent the gun back, under warranty, and after testing the shotgun was deemed defective. Time went by waiting for replacement barrels or a new shotgun. The representative did keep in touch with me when I inquired about the status of the gun but had no answers for why I didn't get a replacement or solution. After much frustration, I sent in my invoice and today...many months later...will get a refund on my purchase price. They will not stand behind taxes, shipping, fees etc...creating not only extreme disappointment but a financial loss on my end due to their crappy gun and crappy customer service. truly amazing stuff really.

I am thinking CZ may have a bigger issue with the barrel alignment than what any of us are hearing. I have other CZ products and they have been very good. This level of service though is truly inexcusable imo.

Live and learn...I'm having a streak of bad luck with firearms lately in so far as recalls and warranty issues...maybe there is something more to it....Walther CCP, Ruger Mk IV recalls...had my front sight fall off my M&P 2.0 Compact after a few magazines down the pipe and now this.

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the info. Failures/recalls are frustrating but as long as it didn't occur in a life or death situation its tolerable. Too bad they didn't offer a replacement upgrade/other firearm if that would have been acceptable.

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Update...my refund check should be here soon.... Went back to the Grabagun web page...looking at different firearms and decided to see if there were any new reviews on the shotgun....viola...no reviews at all!!!!

I believe they changed the title of the firearm to include APG designation and that likely took it out of their database thereby hiding the negative review I posted....sneaky sob's! Pure BS! I am due to get my refund check any day and I never thought about such a tactic being employed to hide negative reviews...but there you have it...poof...nothing to see here.

Top Bottom