Target Sports

Anyone have a new RedX Arms enhanced firing pin?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have still not resolved my problem with light primer strikes that started out of nowhere on my 7.62x39 upper. If someone has a never fired RedX enhanced firing pin and can measure the total length with a micrometer then I would appreciate it. I am wondering if mine has become shorter with use

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Careful, the total length shouldnt be different. All AR15 firing pins should be the same total length. On 7.62x39 specific firing pins for the AR the shoulder is turned down so they stick out around .010 further give or take .002

Good luck!

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I dug out my calipers and a new unfixed standard pin from PSA measures 3.275" and my RedX enhanced pin measures 3.285". I did a little looking online and it sounds like my measurements are correct so I guess I will try some different brand ammo now.

Some enhanced pins do have a turned down shoulder allowing them to protrude farther.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I dug out my calipers and a new unfixed standard pin from PSA measures 3.275" and my RedX enhanced pin measures 3.285". I did a little looking online and it sounds like my measurements are correct so I guess I will try some different brand ammo now.

Some enhanced pins do have a turned down shoulder allowing them to protrude farther.
    I also purchased an extra heavy hammer spring from brownells and so far no failures to fire. But the trigger pull has dramatically increased.

Top Bottom