Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Rain a comin?

Death toll listed as one from a falling tree. I look at vid from Mexico Beach which got flattened and surge depth 10+ feet. There is never a total evacuation, more will be found in the days ahead. Thoughts and Prayers to those impacted.

Bay and Gulf Hospitals took pretty severe hits. Windows blown out, walls cracked, flooding and roof damage.

Entire Bay County on Boil Water Notice (if you have pressure).

I'm awestruck that M went so far inland as a Cat2/1!

A special thanks and Prayers for all our emergency responders, power/utitility workers.

I'm still in Idaho as the airports are still shut down oo the Fl end. I've been told I only have shingle and tree damage. Got some friends that lost roof/walls/everything. Told them where the keys were stached and portable gen inst.

Wild Rider

Those that give up their guns are on a self destructive fools errand. Tyranny shall never take what it didn't provide: not by paper, not by Court and not by force.

2. 2 Like wildrider666's Post:

They said on the news that over 200 stayed and rode it out in Mexico Beach, not good at all.

GCGF Supporter
    We were sooo lucky here in Beulah, I feel a little guilty. We got a little wind and a sprinkle. Prayers to those in the path.

5. 2 Like RidgeRunner's Post:

Finally got word from our niece and her husband who lived to the east of Panama City. I say lived because after their windows blew out the roof was next to go. They were able to find shelter with their next door neighbor whose home withstood the storm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Member of an endangered species Florida Native 6th Generation

7. 2 Like MarkS's Post:

PC to Apalachicola They are blocking hwy 79S for residents only, IH10 is closed(80 miles of it) or slow, 231 had a train issue and was closed. power and water is out most places, what tremendous damage.

For those that know my lease and folks there south of Ebro on Hwy 79, Lease and owners compound(4 homes 18 people) has no power, fences and trees down, everyone OK, their 2 diners are OK on PCB. that area got 6" of rain and heavy winds, no one on the lease as of yet, too much personal damage to get to first..
    Last edited by FrankT; 10-11-2018 at 11:09 AM.
    Vietnam Vet...Vets Helping Vets...To ALL who Serve: Thank You for your Service!
    The 6.8SPCII is the #1 choice for hunting deer and hogs with an AR15

VETS for TRUMP 2020 ** KEEP AMERICA GREAT !! "VICTORY"

45 ACP
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    Power is out at my buddies house in Svea (pronounced Sweer) just up Hwy 85 from Laurel Hill. Went out about 2:00 pm but they are okay. Thatís the only outage in Okaloosa that I know so we came out so much better than Bay county and areas east of there
    I go thru there bout once a week or so on my way to our camp/prop in coffee county... would have never guessed it was pronounced like that...

rich

I donít remember if it was Swedes or Swiss I was told that settled there. I think in was my Grannyís sister who told me how it was supposed to be pronounced some 50 years ago

In Bay Co, Bay and Gulf hospitals are evacuating all Patients. I don't know if they will maintain any ER Service. Be extra careful driving and working.
    Wild Rider

Those that give up their guns are on a self destructive fools errand. Tyranny shall never take what it didn't provide: not by paper, not by Court and not by force.

Wear3 said only one FD-EMS was able to answer calls and then only in their area. I think it was Panama City not PCBeach but Iím not sure

Tyndall AFB was in the path of the eyewall, looks pretty bad.