• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    After Opal & Ivan I took the deep cycle battery out of my boat and parking lights and the fixtures for them and wired my place with phone wire to light it. I also ran a couple of 12 volt fans at night off that battery. I didn’t have to burn a lot of gas in the generator after Ivan and didn’t have a generator for Opal’s aftermath

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    After Opal & Ivan I took the deep cycle battery out of my boat and parking lights and the fixtures for them and wired my place with phone wire to light it. I also ran a couple of 12 volt fans at night off that battery. I didn’t have to burn a lot of gas in the generator after Ivan and didn’t have a generator for Opal’s aftermath

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a country boy can survive..

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm going to plug a emergency related and relatively cheap product. Due to the M, thousands of folks are without A/C power or a generator. And batteries only last so long. I've talked to folks who are running the vehicles just to charge a phone (or vap unit, Lol). Solar panals chargers have been around for awhile but this on will charge your phons and give you 150 lumens of 360°area lighting (or dimmer settings for longer life), @ $40+-. It is not tacticool: run it over with a 6X6 truck thing but it does work as advertised. Snicker at it now be amazed when you need it. Light weight, small and packs well. Bugout Bag or camping use too. I have two units.

https://luminaid.com/products/packlite-max-phone-charger

Wild that thing is really cool. Think I'll order one. Another thing that works good but won't charge your phone is those little sidewalk lights the girls are so fond of. They're cheap and you can charge them during the day and bring them in at dusk. Hell of a lot safer than candles.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm going to plug a emergency related and relatively cheap product. Due to the M, thousands of folks are without A/C power or a generator. And batteries only last so long. I've talked to folks who are running the vehicles just to charge a phone (or vap unit, Lol). Solar panals chargers have been around for awhile but this on will charge your phons and give you 150 lumens of 360°area lighting (or dimmer settings for longer life), @ $40+-. It is not tacticool: run it over with a 6X6 truck thing but it does work as advertised. Snicker at it now be amazed when you need it. Light weight, small and packs well. Bugout Bag or camping use too. I have two units.

https://luminaid.com/products/packlite-max-phone-charger
    I want one with a 12V dc outlet also.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    *rant over

Caveman that might have been a rant but it was all on target. I don't think Budweiser is even owned by Americans any longer so you can't expect much help there.
    Anyway, Publix was stocked back up and I got my 'taters for my greasy fries today.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Finished the last of my HM tree work. Scheduled to replace my "roof condom" with a new roof next week. All piles of tree debris have been picked up. Piles of non organic debris remain, I've been cutting mine up for regular trash so thats slowly disappearing. Next up is setting 18 new 4X4 fence posts and replacing band-aid repairs to the fence.

Unscrupulous contractors are dumping shingle trash piles in front of vacant lots instead of taking it to the dump and paying special fees. Roofing contracts include removal and proper disposal of old roofing materials but scum contractors are lazy and sell their ethics for a few extra bucks in their pockets.

polebarn

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Finished the last of my HM tree work. Scheduled to replace my "roof condom" with a new roof next week. All piles of tree debris have been picked up. Piles of non organic debris remain, I've been cutting mine up for regular trash so thats slowly disappearing. Next up is setting 18 new 4X4 fence posts and replacing band-aid repairs to the fence.

Unscrupulous contractors are dumping shingle trash piles in front of vacant lots instead of taking it to the dump and paying special fees. Roofing contracts include removal and proper disposal of old roofing materials but scum contractors are lazy and sell their ethics for a few extra bucks in their pockets.

Scum contractors have zero ethics.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have the wonderful sound of roofers hard at work @my house! Stripped, had a couple of rot spots on edges an two sections busted from the tree impact: three 4×8 sheets to repair all of it. Finishing membrane now, shingles start in the AM. Crew of 7. Put tarps on ground all around house to collect flying debris but dumping bulk directly in to large trailer. Covered outside HVAC with mesh netting so it can still move air. I got three calls from the big boss today seeing if I had any questions, concerns or problems. He'll be on sight tomorrow. Pretty good job so far.
    Zero $ down, personal check upon my final inspection/approval.

The rest of my man made HM trash pile was picked up Sunday!

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have the wonderful sound of roofers hard at work @my house! Stripped, had a couple of rot spots on edges an two sections busted from the tree impact: three 4×8 sheets to repair all of it. Finishing membrane now, shingles start in the AM. Crew of 7. Put tarps on ground all around house to collect flying debris but dumping bulk directly in to large trailer. Covered outside HVAC with mesh netting so it can still move air. I got three calls from the big boss today seeing if I had any questions, concerns or problems. He'll be on sight tomorrow. Pretty good job so far.
    Zero $ down, personal check upon my final inspection/approval.

The rest of my man made HM trash pile was picked up Sunday!

What is the name of the company?

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What is the name of the company?

Great roof and cleanup. They even folded and bound the tarps I installed and painted vent and power stacks to match drip edged. 12 Work hours, 24 hours from start to finish!

KING ROOFING & SHEET METAL, Construction & Roofing. CBC 1260945, CCC1330956

www.kingworksfl.com. BBB Triple A Rated.

Boss said to give you his personal number, I'll send it by PM.

General number is (855)544-5464

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom