Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Rain a comin?

After Opal & Ivan I took the deep cycle battery out of my boat and parking lights and the fixtures for them and wired my place with phone wire to light it. I also ran a couple of 12 volt fans at night off that battery. I didnít have to burn a lot of gas in the generator after Ivan and didnít have a generator for Opalís aftermath

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member of an endangered species Florida Native 6th Generation

2. Likes MarkS's Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    After Opal & Ivan I took the deep cycle battery out of my boat and parking lights and the fixtures for them and wired my place with phone wire to light it. I also ran a couple of 12 volt fans at night off that battery. I didnít have to burn a lot of gas in the generator after Ivan and didnít have a generator for Opalís aftermath

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    a country boy can survive..
    John 15:13 "Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends"

You live and learn or you don't live long....

4. Likes fl57caveman's Post:

45 ACP
    Quote Originally Posted by wildrider666 View Post
    I'm going to plug a emergency related and relatively cheap product. Due to the M, thousands of folks are without A/C power or a generator. And batteries only last so long. I've talked to folks who are running the vehicles just to charge a phone (or vap unit, Lol). Solar panals chargers have been around for awhile but this on will charge your phons and give you 150 lumens of 360įarea lighting (or dimmer settings for longer life), @ $40+-. It is not tacticool: run it over with a 6X6 truck thing but it does work as advertised. Snicker at it now be amazed when you need it. Light weight, small and packs well. Bugout Bag or camping use too. I have two units.

https://luminaid.com/products/packli...-phone-charger
    Wild that thing is really cool. Think I'll order one. Another thing that works good but won't charge your phone is those little sidewalk lights the girls are so fond of. They're cheap and you can charge them during the day and bring them in at dusk. Hell of a lot safer than candles.

6. Likes MauserLarry's Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wildrider666 View Post
    I'm going to plug a emergency related and relatively cheap product. Due to the M, thousands of folks are without A/C power or a generator. And batteries only last so long. I've talked to folks who are running the vehicles just to charge a phone (or vap unit, Lol). Solar panals chargers have been around for awhile but this on will charge your phons and give you 150 lumens of 360įarea lighting (or dimmer settings for longer life), @ $40+-. It is not tacticool: run it over with a 6X6 truck thing but it does work as advertised. Snicker at it now be amazed when you need it. Light weight, small and packs well. Bugout Bag or camping use too. I have two units.

https://luminaid.com/products/packli...-phone-charger
    I want one with a 12V dc outlet also.

8. Likes FrommerStop's Post:

45 ACP
    *rant over

Caveman that might have been a rant but it was all on target. I don't think Budweiser is even owned by Americans any longer so you can't expect much help there.
    Anyway, Publix was stocked back up and I got my 'taters for my greasy fries today.

10. 2 Like MauserLarry's Post:

Quote Originally Posted by fl57caveman View Post
    a country boy can survive..
    Here is Hank Williams jr

Fact is during the depression a lot people survived off their gardens, chickens, and what ever they could pick or kill in the woods.
    Last edited by FrommerStop; 10-13-2018 at 09:06 PM.

12. 2 Like FrommerStop's Post:

Was just using Google Street View to check out Mexico Beach and while "driving" down one of the roads the street view suddenly shifted from a serene May 2011 to a storm ravaged October 2018. Depending on which way you turn it switches between before and after, weird.

https://www.google.com/maps/@29.9497...i5500?hl=en-US