• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A friend of our gardening group asked me to map the location of friend R. that lives between blountstown and Marianna. He is staying in an old family farm house. Map posted below. Friend that asked is still working half time for the Escambia Sheriff Dept and says so far it looks like they will not be calling him out. He has not gotten any rain yet in his part of pensacola near fairfield and davis. I have light rain. His (R.) general location which is his farm and house is circled in white.
    InkedRichard 2.gif

Attachments

• InkedRichard 2.gif
      InkedRichard 2.gif
      885.9 KB · Views: 169

TexKev

Marksman
    Administrator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hope all you folks are OK in Florida. I have family in Panama City Beach. They used to live in Niceville/Destin area.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mexico Beach, Port St. Joe and surrounding area are getting the worst of the winds and storm surge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Our house is 100 yards from the Sound in Mary Esther and my wife just drove home from a Crestview hotel she sheltered at, all is good at home, she says power never went out at home and all is good! I'm enjoying the cold front in Clovis, NM for work, had frost on my window this morning!

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Last update from me. Michael made landfall and the rain has stopped here. Winds are down, except for higher altitude winds. You can watch the clouds skipping by going to the SSE as the storm came ashore.

I did see a pair of falcons, or small hawks, working the neighborhood. Seen lots of hawks after Ivan in 2004. Natures way, they are quick to capitalize on any natural disaster.

I have read it came ashore as a CAT 5. Glad this one missed us, positive thoughts/prayers for those it did not!

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    just lost satellite...streaming now. 45 minutes south in Bainbridge and Donaldsonville are reporting 115 mph winds sustained... rain has been moderate here

I understand Toucans in Mexico Beach is no longer with us

Last edited:

jmh321

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A friend of our gardening group asked me to map the location of friend R. that lives between blountstown and Marianna. He is staying in an old family farm house. Map posted below. Friend that asked is still working half time for the Escambia Sheriff Dept and says so far it looks like they will not be calling him out. He has not gotten any rain yet in his part of pensacola near fairfield and davis. I have light rain. His (R.) general location which is his farm and house is circled in white.
    View attachment 68136

My parents holed up around Clarksville. They said just about every tree in sight (from their house) was down.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Watching some video feeds from Mexico beach and Panama city brings chilling memories of Ivan years ago. I'll be leaving in the morning with a lot of other lineman from the area to help with restoration.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Y’all be safe and thanks for the work y’all do

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Watching some video feeds from Mexico beach and Panama city brings chilling memories of Ivan years ago. I'll be leaving in the morning with a lot of other lineman from the area to help with restoration.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    In the eyes of most it is the linemen that are the real heroes when they get their power back on which is how most these days define civilization. Ivan was slower so it had more time to be destructive, but I believe its top winds on land were less than H. Michael.
    My friend that was we think on the western eye wall was reached reached by phone and so made it, but there was mention 100 yr old trees on the ground. He had a large grove of really huge pecans and I bet they are all down. His phone was breaking up I guess likely due to destroyed cells towers.

Top Bottom