Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Been watching this one for a few days on a few weather pages. The track hasn't changed much and the intensity forecast isn't promising either...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    We’re overdue for a storm just praying for a minor one and not a major hurricane

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We’re overdue for a storm just praying for a minor one and not a major hurricane

Unfortunately during hurricane season we are always due for a storm. The rain I can handle, but high winds knock trees down, blow down fences, and interrupt power. Forecast to hit 1 pm wed.

tro cyc 14 possible.GIF

Attachments

• tro cyc 14 possible.GIF
      tro cyc 14 possible.GIF
      60 KB · Views: 343
    Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here is the 10 pm cdt sat prediction
    They show it coming in has a tropical storm, but not stated if it will go higher or lower as it reaches shore. With luck most of us will be on the western side of it, but it is too early to tell at the moment. I will check my gas and generator and likely go get some fuel tomorrow.
    trop 14.GIF

Attachments

• trop 14.GIF
      trop 14.GIF
      44.2 KB · Views: 301

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    This is a good website for info...

http://www.spaghettimodels.com

Thanks for that link.

I haven't searched for this answer, but I wonder if there's a retro-active analysis of these models. One that says something like: ok, this model predicted this path 7-days out, then adjusted it to this at 6-days, 5, 4, etc, and compared to the Actual Track of the storm center, this model was accurate plus/minus xx# miles 7-days out, 6-days out, etc...

Does that exist? Kind of a way to see which models are historically more accurate?

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I would imagine that the models do run off historical data. I believe the NHC takes the average of all the models and develops it's "cone of uncertainty".

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    The Euro model shows it hitting somewhere between Key West,Fla. and Brownsville,Tx.
    AND . . . I for one,believe 'em. --- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The latest computer models from https://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/atlantic/2018/tropical-storm-michael?map=model have for 4pm cdt have shown a shift to the east for all of the models that they used. I have from years of watching for agreement models and when that happens to more or less trust them.
    I will continue to watch. The last 24 hrs is most most important and always the storms could jiggle a bit east or west then. Right now for those of us in the Pensacola-Milton area things are looking up.

trop michael.GIF

We, Pensacola-Milton, still in the edge of where it might strike. By the tomorrow evening we should have an even better estimate narrowing it down i hope. AL seems to be out of the projected storm area.

trop m.GIF

Attachments

• trop michael.GIF
      trop michael.GIF
      17.2 KB · Views: 174
    • trop m.GIF
      trop m.GIF
      29.1 KB · Views: 172

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    got the generator out, going to get gas today

I have always liked underground weather.

https://classic.wunderground.com/hurricane/atlantic/2018/tropical-storm-michael?map=forecast

www.windy.com is a neat site also.

And yes Frank you can never be to ready... We have 5 generators and I can run pretty much any fuel Gas (I hate), Propane, Natural Gas, and Diesel DL-1, DL-2, Jet Fuel JP-8.

A couple of the gensets I have installed the Tri-Fuel kits and I have a couple of the MEP's TQG (Tactical Quiet Generator) they will still operate after an EMP (Electromagnetic pulse) LOL

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    An emp proof generator sounds good until there is no fuel for it. I plan to get a solar unit that can charge a car battery and do lighting (Use 12 V car bulbs for light) that way and one could charge other equipment if somehow or other the internet and phone service came back.
    I do have a diesel tractor from the 90's and need to find out if it will run after an emp. It has glow plugs that are manually controlled. It has an alternator and not much else electrically that is essential. But even the alternator is not needed if you have a solar charger.
    I have always liked underground weather.

https://classic.wunderground.com/hurricane/atlantic/2018/tropical-storm-michael?map=forecast

www.windy.com is a neat site also.

And yes Frank you can never be to ready... We have 5 generators and I can run pretty much any fuel Gas (I hate), Propane, Natural Gas, and Diesel DL-1, DL-2, Jet Fuel JP-8.

A couple of the gensets I have installed the Tri-Fuel kits and I have a couple of the MEP's TQG (Tactical Quiet Generator) they will still operate after an EMP (Electromagnetic pulse) LOL

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    An emp proof generator sounds good until there is no fuel for it. I plan to get a solar unit that can charge a car battery and do lighting (Use 12 V car bulbs for light) that way and one could charge other equipment if somehow or other the internet and phone service came back.
    I do have a diesel tractor from the 90's and need to find out if it will run after an emp. It has glow plugs that are manually controlled. It has an alternator and not much else electrically that is essential. But even the alternator is not needed if you have a solar charger.

Yea EMP proof is really not needed but they have this built in... I also am setting up solar up at the cabin in the woods. Still an on going project but have everything needed to finish. The gen sets are the MEP-802a and the MEP-831a. I bought them to tinker with and use. Looking at getting another 831a soon.

Just to add your solar equip would not be EMP proof at all. Just had to add that!!!

Here is a video of me overloading the little green one I call it. The MEP-831a. It's rated at 3kw (80%) but most say it will do 3700 no problem. I loaded it to 4500 to see if the overload protection would work. The contactor (circuit interrupter) worked as designed. Let go of the load. I thought the engine was gonna bog down and die but she tried to handle the load and did well. I plan on doing this to the big one MEP-802a probably gonna load it up to 7 to 8kw.

https://youtu.be/BmNzaPGP8S4

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Just to add your solar equip would not be EMP proof at all. Just had to add that!!!

https://youtu.be/BmNzaPGP8S4

If it is mounted on your roof it would not be. I need to findout how to build proper Faraday cage for storage.
    My house has a metal roof and the each block cell has rebar in it and there is wire everyother course which might help a little. These are things that would be nice to know.

My heating system does not require any electricity. Only wood and matches.

By the way the hurricane has been upgraded to make cat one by 1am tue and to approach land as cat two. This is becoming a serious storm.

Top Bottom