• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alabama Hamma

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Have you seen the Searchers and She Wore a Yellow Ribbon with John Wayne? Or The Good, The Bad and The Ugly? Can anyone name who each of these characters are played by? How about A Fist Full of Dollars

Hamma out

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Have you seen the Searchers and She Wore a Yellow Ribbon with John Wayne? Or The Good, The Bad and The Ugly? Can anyone name who each of these characters are played by? How about A Fist Full of Dollars

Hamma out

John Wayne (as you stated) and Clint Eastwood on the last two if memory serves.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Good the Bad and the Ugly isn't even on the same planet as The Searchers and She Wore a Yellow Ribbon. Randolph Scott, James Stewart, Henry Fonda, Richard Widmark and John Wayne; they were real western movie actors.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    in the old days, all the actors in a movie were major stars.. now they build a movie on one star and several minor actors...

I like the old ones

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not even wanting to enter into this fray, Who do I love more my Son or My Daughter... Geez

Here are some filming locations of The Good Bad ugly.. The scars of was can still be seen..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw-AO3-Yz8o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyeZ64TXNNM

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/29/clint-eastwood-sad-hill-cemetery-good-bad-ugly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjDBUL_zhqs

Filming locations She Wore a Yellow Ribbon..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJnJvX3AQC4

Sorry Production value was a little lacking for She Wore a yellow Ribbon..

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    It's a valid "matchup":
    The Man With No Name vs The Duke.

John Wayne did not like the Clint Eastwood movies' portrayal of the Old West. Especially High Plains Drifter.

Of course, John Wayne wasn't a slouch in "The Green Berets" either... both actors can successfully pull-off a character with various historical weapons: from lever-guns to full-auto.

Some poor souls think Will Smith's "Wild Wild West" is a 'western'...

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For whatever reason I've never been a fan of westerns, with the notable exception of "The Outlaw Josey Wales". Still end up watching it whenever I come across it even though I've seen it enough times to quote every line.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    For whatever reason I've never been a fan of westerns, with the notable exception of "The Outlaw Josey Wales". Still end up watching it whenever I come across it even though I've seen it enough times to quote every line.

that one, and the Unforgiven are my favorites..Pale rider is tops too

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    My oldest brother was in Vietnam with the 101st when he saw the Green Berets. He told me that they looked at it as a comedy
    He went through the wringer over there, part of the assault on Hamburger Hill and countless other firefights including one that went on for 3 days when his patrol walked into a battalion of NVA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    My oldest brother was in Vietnam with the 101st when he saw the Green Berets. He told me that they looked at it as a comedy
    He went through the wringer over there, part of the assault on Hamburger Hill and countless other firefights including one that went on for 3 days when his patrol walked into a battalion of NVA

Provo's Privy. :)

Yeah, not a Vietnam documentary...but it wasn't a bad flick. To this day, if someone's name is "Petersen", I hear their name as if that kid is saying it...

Alabama Hamma

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is true, but hey it was Clint and I was a kid. I was the Duke one day, Tall in the saddle the next ridin the trail alone. I was at the Alamo with The Duke and Richard and Ken Curtis (Festus from Gunsmoke before Gunsmoke) My questions got answered so I wasn't the only one who watched them dang spaghetti westerns. Remember Gil Favor? Clint rode the trail with him before the spaghetti westerns.

Alabama Hamma

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thats true. We seen that movie and went out in the swamps on the river and made our own compound, even made us some of those traps just like on the movie. We made one just like the one that killed Peterson. And it really worked.(we dismantled it when we set it off and it would do the same thing that one done to Peterson) Very dangerous. Not bad for (4) pre teens 7 miles from the next house. Then we grew up and had to get jobs
    Hamma out

Alabama Hamma

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

My Dad and my brother were there a couple of years apart. My dad never talked about. I was looking for some military papers and run across a Presidential Unit Citation. When asked about it he just said we were doing our job. Nothing else said other than still trying to forget it (39) years later. He passed in 2003 about 2 weeks after I found the citation, he never told me what they did. He said one thing I'll never forget, he said he seen and done things that no one should ever have see or do in their life time.

Alabama Hamma

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's a valid "matchup":
    The Man With No Name vs The Duke.

John Wayne did not like the Clint Eastwood movies' portrayal of the Old West. Especially High Plains Drifter.

Of course, John Wayne wasn't a slouch in "The Green Berets" either... both actors can successfully pull-off a character with various historical weapons: from lever-guns to full-auto.

Some poor souls think Will Smith's "Wild Wild West" is a 'western'...

ain't that true

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    All that my brother talked about was said while we were looking at photos from the war. One pic was of the lz where the wounded were taken out by chopper at the end of the first day of the ambush. The LZ was created by machine gun and other small arms fire. If I remember correctly he said 157 men were there the first day, 3 days later less than 30 crawled out at night and ran over 15 kilometers. They were only allowed to evacuate the wounded the first time. He said none of the survivors had a full mag of ammo left. A chopper pilot told him that they were lucky to have got out when they did as they’re was reinforcements coming down the Ho Chi Minh trail the night they escaped. He said after that fight and escape he learned why they were made to run so much at Ft. Campbell

Last edited:
    Top Bottom