• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BSmitty

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just wondering what are some of ya'lls thoughts on the G45? Anyone know the difference between the G45 and G19x? besides front serrations. Also read that they are releasing the G19 and G17 in a mos model. That's cool and I may be late on this..

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    My thoughts are the same as the 19X: why?
    -shorter sight radius, with a longer grip. Harder to conceal, and fewer choices of mag sizes.
    -oh yeah, and why would they name a 9mm handgun the "Glock 45"?

BSmitty

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My thoughts are the same as the 19X: why?
    -shorter sight radius, with a longer grip. Harder to conceal, and fewer choices of mag sizes.
    -oh yeah, and why would they name a 9mm handgun the "Glock 45"?

I feel the same way about the 19x

bhilde

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    From what I gather they were designed with LEO agencies in mind. Increased control and capacity from the full size grip while reducing OAL of the weapon/holster to decrease the chance of snagging upon exit of vehicles. I was really hoping one of them would be the opposite setup, a 19 sized frame with a 17 slide would be a great ccw piece.

Last edited:

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Yes. 19 size grip with 17 size slide is perfect balance and weight. And it offers mag versatility

BSmitty

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    From what I gather they were designed with LEO agencies in mind. Increased control and capacity from the full size grip while reducing OAL of the weapon/holster to decrease the chance of snagging upon exit of vehicles. I was really hoping one of them would be the opposite setup, a 19 sized frame with a 17 slide would be a great ccw piece.

sure it wont be long...glock 46?? or some other random number that makes since to them

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    The name confuses by brain. I’m afraid if I own one, it might simply short circuit and blue screen out. Which is a shame, because I love the concept. I do think an MOS version would be very very nice. But oh yeah, the name. Smh.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They did some smart changes to the 19x. First of all, the 45 is a full gen 5 where as the 19x was not. This means the 45 has a better trigger also there were some mag comparability issues with the 19x - no such issues with the 45. They got rid of the cut outs at the front and rear of the mag well, thankfully. The cocking serrations at the front of the slide should prove useful. All and all it is an improvement.'

As for the grip to slide length ratio - I agree with you but remember the Colt Commander is the exact same concept as the 19x and the 45. Full sized frame and shorter slide/barrel.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    That’s the problem. They think of it as a long frame 19, where it’s really a short slide 17...

:mindblown:

BSmitty

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They did some smart changes to the 19x. First of all, the 45 is a full gen 5 where as the 19x was not. This means the 45 has a better trigger also there were some mag comparability issues with the 19x - no such issues with the 45. They got rid of the cut outs at the front and rear of the mag well, thankfully. The cocking serrations at the front of the slide should prove useful. All and all it is an improvement.'

As for the grip to slide length ratio - I agree with you but remember the Colt Commander is the exact same concept as the 19x and the 45. Full sized frame and shorter slide/barrel.

Thanks! good to know. The 45 is a nice gun. I got my hands on one for the first time over the weekend and the front serrations are nice. Simple and functional.

Top Bottom