• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In a year let us revisit this and if you are anywhere near me you can fire it if you want to.

geez would I want to shoot it.. well when you are ready I will want to... Only the good lord can stop me.. Well maybe we can get the op to pony up a few arms also in this shoot... I will try to bring something to pull my weight..

Those turn of the 19th century automatic pistols are so exotic.. So many designs.. So many ideas.. Kind of like the explosion of
    cartridge revolvers in the 1860s..

From the photos it looks like a little beastie to strip clean?? So many Parts..

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    geez would I want to shoot it.. well when you are ready I will want to... Only the good lord can stop me.. Well maybe we can get the op to pony up a few arms also in this shoot... I will try to bring something to pull my weight..

Those turn of the 19th century automatic pistols are so exotic.. So many designs.. So many ideas.. Kind of like the explosion of
    cartridge revolvers in the 1860s..

From the photos it looks like a little beastie to strip clean?? So many Parts..
    Maybe by that time I can make some rounds for my 9.4 dutch Indonesian revolver.

right I am going through a Labradar Doppler chronograph I got my family send me as a birthday present. I am going through the instructions at this minute. Most of them do not like guns, but chronograph is something that does not sound too offensive to politically correct people.

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    i belong to two shooting ranges out this way and have a private indoor 50ft range that I am not using until I clean it up relative to fire hazard. It is under my house that I deliberately raised more than I had to for flooding reasons so that a range would be possible.

Last edited:

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey FS whenever it is convenient.. Now I do not have a private indoor range, but I do have a portable indoor range I can bring.

The X-Ring Centrifugal Bullet Trap was manufactured for target shooters in the 1930s and 1940s. The square funnel made of quarter-inch steel leading into a snail-shaped trap. The opening of the funnel is about 18" x 18" with a clamp to hold the target.

It weighs about 90 pounds and has "X - RING PRODUCTS CENTRIFUGAL BULLET TRAP PEKIN ILL PATS PEND." molded in the tail.

Now did not get the original stand for it so am using an improvised stand.

Have been told that they were used by the Military but have not been able to verify that.

From what I have read this will eat about any pistol round out there (Do not know about magnum Rounds) I tested it with 45 acp Jacketed rounds and 44-40 lead rounds. No problem with either. The bullets were beyond destroyed.
    The Jacketed rounds Sometimes had the Jacket completely pealed away.

Now I have heard of people shooting 30-06 rounds at these at 100 yards.. but I would like to avoid this..

Attachments

• rimg (1).jpg
      rimg (1).jpg
      267.9 KB · Views: 119
    • rimg (2).jpg
      rimg (2).jpg
      123.8 KB · Views: 115
    • rimg (3).jpg
      rimg (3).jpg
      118.1 KB · Views: 118
    • rimg (4).jpg
      rimg (4).jpg
      94.1 KB · Views: 120

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey FS whenever it is convenient.. Now I do not have a private indoor range, but I do have a portable indoor range I can bring.

The X-Ring Centrifugal Bullet Trap was manufactured for target shooters in the 1930s and 1940s. The square funnel made of quarter-inch steel leading into a snail-shaped trap. The opening of the funnel is about 18" x 18" with a clamp to hold the target.

It weighs about 90 pounds and has "X - RING PRODUCTS CENTRIFUGAL BULLET TRAP PEKIN ILL PATS PEND." molded in the tail.

Now did not get the original stand for it so am using an improvised stand.

Have been told that they were used by the Military but have not been able to verify that.

From what I have read this will eat about any pistol round out there (Do not know about magnum Rounds) I tested it with 45 acp Jacketed rounds and 44-40 lead rounds. No problem with either. The bullets were beyond destroyed.
    The Jacketed rounds Sometimes had the Jacket completely pealed away.

Now I have heard of people shooting 30-06 rounds at these at 100 yards.. but I would like to avoid this..
    Wow that is indeed something.
    I only have a 5/16" plate of T1 steel it does ok for .22 and some occasional 9x19mm. I think old historic pistols with maybe the exception of mauser 96 pistols and German and Czech AP pistol rounds will be ok.
    I need to remove potentially flammable materials and put some fire suppression down there. I certainly do not want to set my house on fire for sure. A limited number of rounds can be fired outside on the place before the neighbors call the police. I can see the police attempting to answer a call at my place. The very long drive way is gated and the property fenced with dogs loose inside like 90 lbs little girl running around, her son little guy, and her cousin big girl (68lbs). They probably would shoot dogs which would not please me.

DSCF1183 reduced.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF1183 reduced.jpg
      DSCF1183 reduced.jpg
      492 KB · Views: 126

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Maybe by that time I can make some rounds for my 9.4 dutch Indonesian revolver.

right I am going through a Labradar Doppler chronograph I got my family send me as a birthday present. I am going through the instructions at this minute. Most of them do not like guns, but chronograph is something that does not sound too offensive to politically correct people.

I also have the Labradar Doppler chronograph and love it. I also have the external mic for using with airguns and suppressed fire.

0FIHtMc.jpg

BImGl9G.jpg

This is running my 300 BO Suppressed and using three Chrony's all at the same time to compare them.

ZmJjgcs.jpg

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I also have the Labradar Doppler chronograph and love it. I also have the external mic for using with airguns and suppressed fire.
    I was reading the instructions and saw reference to the external mic.
    I am thinking of setting it up with a spotting scope and not only recording the velocity but where the round hits on the target and see what the correlation is between velocity and impact point. I would have to draw a diagram of the group to do that through the spotting scope for each bullet impact.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I was reading the instructions and saw reference to the external mic.
    I am thinking of setting it up with a spotting scope and not only recording the velocity but where the round hits on the target and see what the correlation is between velocity and impact point. I would have to draw a diagram of the group to do that through the spotting scope for each bullet impact.

That would be pretty neat. I added some pics for ya in the previous post.

I made this stand that they sell for like $40 for free. Well I bought a can of paint. LOL.

I had the plate metal and camera mount already and had the neighbors wife with a vinyl cutter make the stickers that are on it. Came out nice and looks like the Original. Sad to say I have never used it because I end up using a tri-pod all the time.

9JkkZkz.jpg

Last edited:

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Those are some rare old guns you guys make my old stuff look common. I’m envious.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Those are some rare old guns you guys make my old stuff look common. I’m envious.
    Rare is only in the mind of the beholder. I am sure you have very interesting guns.

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

0FIHtMc.jpg

BImGl9G.jpg

This is running my 300 BO Suppressed and using three Chrony's all at the same time to compare them.

ZmJjgcs.jpg

That is one hell of a set up...it was like it could almost talk to me :)

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I wonder if this was the first make of a take down gun?

Stevens Model 26 Crackshot in .22LR. Manufactured circa 1911 to 1930.

This was also my grandfather's gun

GzU4oIY.jpg

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I wonder if this was the first make of a take down gun?

Stevens Model 26 Crackshot in .22LR.

This was also my grandfather's gun

GzU4oIY.jpg
    My guess is that is was made originally as a take down. That type of gun is not too hard to make that way and I know some popular .22s like the browning semiauto and the marlin 39s were take downs models. Things have change dramatically over the years. It was not uncommon 80 years ago in Chicago for someone get on the south shore overhead electric wire train and ride toward the swamps on the Indiana side of the border and go duck hunting. Take down guns were convenient. Most shotguns to this very day do take down, but not as well as the older models did.

Browning .22.jpg
    marline 39s.jpg

Attachments

• Browning .22.jpg
      Browning .22.jpg
      25.2 KB · Views: 149
    • marline 39s.jpg
      marline 39s.jpg
      9.8 KB · Views: 150

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    1st I love those little Crackshots, that one looks nice... Real nice wood

And not even close to the 1st take down rifle.. Remember the handgonne.. You take the gonne off your walking stick, put it in you pouch walk to the battle, remove it.. Place it back on your walking stick or a new stick and you are an infantryman again.

Attachments

• 26668876223_1e77e20866_b.jpg
      26668876223_1e77e20866_b.jpg
      285.3 KB · Views: 137
    • 27204537251_78a38ea43b_b.jpg
      27204537251_78a38ea43b_b.jpg
      268.1 KB · Views: 149

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Something else that stayed in the family. My Grandpa made this for me when I was very little. Yes I grew up with guns in our life even toy ones...

5G7drFe.jpg

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Something else that stayed in the family. My Grandpa made this for me when I was very little. Yes I grew up with guns in our life even toy ones...

5G7drFe.jpg

Now that is Nice... Real nice presentation box.. Honest to God one of the best I have seen. it brings a tear to my eye...
    Coming from a poorer side of town we were forced to use Caulk guns as improvised Grease guns

180uub.jpg

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Along the line of some exotic firearms, I did come across a couple over the weekend

Picked up a JO.LO.AR in 9mm largo..

I have always wanted one and hope not to shoot my foot with it..

27zi72e.jpg

v6u7q0.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoumAfAHlJQ

http://www.catalogacionarmas.com/public/parte3cap9.pdf

There is a difference in opinion on a few of the pistols features.. In this case I will
    lean towards Hectors info in the PDF..

Came across an unusual rifle at the Orlando Gun Show, A Standard Arms Model G. Never saw one in the flesh so to speak. Real unusual rifle. Made before the 20s. Because of the engravings, it looked like a custom gun.. But seems they made all of them that way..

149xemf.png

The G models allowed for switching between Semi Auto and pump feed. The dealer thought it was in 25 Remington, But the gun was not marked the best.

Real cool looking rifle.. The receiver almost looks like a Mini BAR.. Must have been a costly gun to manufacture.

http://revivaler.com/standard-arms-model-g-m/

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Along the line of some exotic firearms, I did come across a couple over the weekend

Picked up a JO.LO.AR in 9mm largo..

I have always wanted one and hope not to shoot my foot with it..

27zi72e.jpg

v6u7q0.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoumAfAHlJQ

http://www.catalogacionarmas.com/public/parte3cap9.pdf

There is a difference in opinion on a few of the pistols features.. In this case I will
    lean towards Hectors info in the PDF..

Came across an unusual rifle at the Orlando Gun Show, A Standard Arms Model G. Never saw one in the flesh so to speak. Real unusual rifle. Made before the 20s. Because of the engravings, it looked like a custom gun.. But seems they made all of them that way..

149xemf.png

The G models allowed for switching between Semi Auto and pump feed. The dealer thought it was in 25 Remington, But the gun was not marked the best.

Real cool looking rifle.. The receiver almost looks like a Mini BAR.. Must have been a costly gun to manufacture.

http://revivaler.com/standard-arms-model-g-m/
    That kind of receiver with the hump is not so uncommon.
    Stevens_520_26-27_L.JPG

Attachments

• Stevens_520_26-27_L.JPG
      Stevens_520_26-27_L.JPG
      59.5 KB · Views: 109
    Top Bottom