• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'd love to see a dedicated firearms and retated items recall section. One stop searching for exerything KaBoom and safety hazard related. Should include issues like : Mfgs "free factory upgrades" to fix non-recall problems.

I think there is a large amount of new gun buyers that never send in Product Registration Forms and even more people that own used firearms that Mfg can't contract directly. Thats why there is a ofter a requirement for public announcements in related media (where I find them).

Since these are important issues, wide dissemination of the info should be auto subscribe to every member and members can unsub if desired. . A lot of people have diverse collections and might not subscribe to various specfic AR, AK, pistol, shotgun, black powder type Threads.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    A recall section would be nice...

I am happy to report "Your product is not affected by the recall"

DlVxjDn.jpg

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Thanks for the heads up. Luckily not affected, either.

+1 on the idea of a "Recalls" thread.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have always been interested in the keltec 2000, but I have never seen one out at a gun show or a gun store. I do not go to gun stores too often.

For those that have them, how well do you like them and what sort of groups do you get with them on paper targets?

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have always been interested in the keltec 2000, but I have never seen one out at a gun show or a gun store. I do not go to gun stores too often.

For those that have them, how well do you like them and what sort of groups do you get with them on paper targets?

They shoot pretty well and pretty accurate.

I have made some mods to mine. Heavy Brass bolt Carrier sold by Keltec. I also have the SUMO bolt handle adds more weight.

The heaver bolt and all helps keep the bolt lock-up longer kinda simulating my HK MP5's Roller lock. aka better shooting suppressed.

Simulate but not the same as the MP5's. I still think they are the quietest shooting suppressed. Anyway the keltec sub2000 are kool and different and a fun gun to shoot.

Can't wait to get my MP5 SD out of it's two Form 4's jail... :)

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Do you think the heavier bolt changes lock up time enough to keep the gas out of the face of a lefty shooter? I do not have a suppressor and shoot mainly factory ammo. Would the heavier bolt have any affect on reliability when it comes to different ammo?

Army_of_One

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    They shoot pretty well and pretty accurate.

I have made some mods to mine. Heavy Brass bolt Carrier sold by Keltec. I also have the SUMO bolt handle adds more weight.

The heaver bolt and all helps keep the bolt lock-up longer kinda simulating my HK MP5's Roller lock. aka better shooting suppressed.

Simulate but not the same as the MP5's. I still think they are the quietest shooting suppressed. Anyway the keltec sub2000 are kool and different and a fun gun to shoot.

Can't wait to get my MP5 SD out of it's two Form 4's jail... :)

Want to tell him why increasing the weight of the buffer is so important on the Sub 2000? I'll just include this pic of my shoulder after shooting this past weekend.

Out of the the box, I didn't need to adjust the sights. It was minute of Pie Plate at 50 yards. I enjoyed that aspect of it, but it clearly curb stomped my shoulder. I had bruising the next day. I'm by no means soft. I've never had a weapon do that to me, and I know it was the Kel-Tec that did it. You can see the lines from the butt stock. I will definitely be getting the MCarbo treatment for it eventually.

Attachments

• Shoulder.jpg
      Shoulder.jpg
      188.9 KB · Views: 178
    • IMG_3797.JPG
      IMG_3797.JPG
      601.3 KB · Views: 185
    Last edited:

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    My shoulder is fine. But being a lefty the gas to the face really makes it unpleasent to shoot. And I really like the gun

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My shoulder is fine. But being a lefty the gas to the face really makes it unpleasent to shoot. And I really like the gun
    So the keltec 2000 is not good for ambidextrous shooting which for self defense combat around structures is a minus. Just how uncomfortable is it to fire from the left side.

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Its not terrible. But being a lefty glasses are almost a must. I get gas and powder that hits me under the right eye and on right cheek. Some ammo gives less gas and powder than others. The gun itself is great fun. Factory sights are a tad low but I have a red dot on mine that fixes that and there are now taller factory iron sights that work great also. I dont feel it when it recoils and to me it is like shooting a .22 rifle. Love to plink with it and its pretty accurate. Just wouldnt want to have to grab glasses for a bump in the night type situation. If I can fix the gas problem i feel it would be perfect for in house hd and truck gun especially cause mine takes the 9mm glock mags.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Do you think the heavier bolt changes lock up time enough to keep the gas out of the face of a lefty shooter? I do not have a suppressor and shoot mainly factory ammo. Would the heavier bolt have any affect on reliability when it comes to different ammo?

I am sure it helps a little. You are welcome to try mine sometime. Even with the suppressor on I don't notice alot of gas hitting me in the face but I also am not a lefty.

I got the bolt direct from Keltec can't remember where I got the SUMO Bolt handle and I have installed the trigger upgrade from Chris at MCARBO.

I ordered some stuff from that tandemkross place and ended sending it all back for a refund. There stuff is mostly crap.

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    As far as gas to face goes. Mcarbo now sells a $10 kit that is basically a pre cut piece of kydex. This extends/covers the ejection port and eliminates gas to face for lefties. Best gun part I have bought in a while. Its just the right size, doesnt stick out too far, and easily installed with use of a heat gun or hair dryer

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Want to tell him why increasing the weight of the buffer is so important on the Sub 2000? I'll just include this pic of my shoulder after shooting this past weekend.

Out of the the box, I didn't need to adjust the sights. It was minute of Pie Plate at 50 yards. I enjoyed that aspect of it, but it clearly curb stomped my shoulder. I had bruising the next day. I'm by no means soft. I've never had a weapon do that to me, and I know it was the Kel-Tec that did it. You can see the lines from the butt stock. I will definitely be getting the MCarbo treatment for it eventually.

ATI had a slipon but I cannot find one in stock

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Viridian is making a handstop style green laser with ambi activation buttons. Im thinking of putting one on my sub

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Point shooting is the name of the game, especially with PCC's at CQB distances. Y'all make sure you don't dwell too long on looking for the dot or you'll lose that game

Top Bottom