• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paxA

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not sure exactly where to post this. I’m not very knowledgeable about sks in general and the current market value in particular. I just came into one with all matching numbers 00483. It has all the original furniture. Any help with a rough price and any other pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
    02359ffe767bd7f364540b2357aaff14.jpg
    b1cfb555e019a5fcb68bfafd8855ee3f.jpg
    bf9ab7a966b4c95317d763ce92bfbf8c.jpg
    fc120406448c5ea496694c15d956ff0c.jpg
    0cb2521c64d27b94cdca5f8fb0e4eece.jpg
    38e2ad49fa3ba0b1ecd081e977344366.jpg
    8d360992efa042f6da6222e5eebc3637.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have a Yugo sks matching numbers, I think I paid about 500 for it, and people tell me I paid to much. But I wanted it and its a nice shooting rifle. I have the grenade launcher and bayonet. Only thing I had to do was replace the safety lever. Its complete now and a great addition to my collection of stuff. My Son will have all my stuff someday... :)

This might help a little...
    https://www.gunbroker.com/Norinco-SKS/search?Keywords=Norinco SKS

dang, I just looked at the Yugo's on gun broker, Maybe I didn't pay to much.... :)

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The SKS rifles have gone up in price considerably. For shooting I prefer the chinese and other guns that remain truer to the original russian pattern. Too much junk on the yugo sks and it does not have a chromed barrel. The serbian made guns were never chromed and their ammo is corrosive. Yugoslavia never used that technology. For collecting purposes it may be a good gun.
    I keep mine for the possibility the democraps ban 11 shot and higher capacity guns and the sks may be the only legal guns out there.

Last edited:

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The SKS rifles have gone up in price considerably. For shooting I prefer the chinese and other guns that remain truer to the original russian patter. Too much junk on the yugo sks and it does not have a chromed barrels. The serbian made guns were never chromes and their ammo is corrosive. Yugoslavia never used that technology. For collecting purposes it may be a good gun.
    I keep mine for the possibility the democraps ban 11 shot and higher capacity guns and the sks my be the only legal guns out there.

Sorry you don't like my rifle.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sorry you don't like my rifle.

Lol, I do not dislike your rifle, I like the Norincos better that is all and no offense was intended. Can you figure out which is the norinco?

xangled_photo_yugo_sks_cc_v2_2_1_png_pagespeed_ic_tvCe0WY_LT.jpg

norinco_sks_by_mandalorian20-d5epg13.jpg

Attachments

• xangled_photo_yugo_sks_cc_v2_2_1_png_pagespeed_ic_tvCe0WY_LT.jpg
      xangled_photo_yugo_sks_cc_v2_2_1_png_pagespeed_ic_tvCe0WY_LT.jpg
      12.2 KB · Views: 245
    • norinco_sks_by_mandalorian20-d5epg13.jpg
      norinco_sks_by_mandalorian20-d5epg13.jpg
      105.4 KB · Views: 232

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hi Pax, nice rifle! SKS current market values are all over the place. Whether it falls into a collectible Chicom Type or Russian type. All the way to neutered, tacticool examples.

From the pics you posted you have a good runner for a nice unmolested Norinco SKS. I can’t tell by the pics but if it still has the bayonet fixture that is a huge plus and being Norinco is probably a spike type bayonet. That being said, an all matching Preban Norinco SKS with a correct bayonet would be more valuable than say any modified, tapco, threaded, drum wielding Sks. Folks may not want to admit it but Preban non molested examples are collectible to the right person and valuable to the right collector.

If I were you I would research the Arsenal mark in the triangle and make sure it’s a spike and not blade type. Then mount the correct one. Unless you need cash let it sit in the safe a while and your rifle will climb in value. Unless it’s been neutered already, then just get rid of it for whatever.

A well informed collector will not mind “overpaying” a little as a future investment or if it is one of his unicorn guns. I overpayed for a Ruger P85 just because Arnold uses one in the True Lies movie lol.

You have a nice rifle going there OP just hoping it still has the bayo provisions.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    well, My Yugo looks like the top one, so, I'll say the bottom one?
    You got it.
    No rifle grenade launcher on the Norinco. I just like the lines better on the norinco. I have ever heard anything bad about the yugo except for the non-chromed barrel. I do like the yugo stripper clips better than the chinese ones that I have seen.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I believe I have a blade type for one.
    don't know if nine is tactcool but it is in a Tapco stock. Original stock was broken and they put a cheap folder.

paxA

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hi Pax, nice rifle! SKS current market values are all over the place. Whether it falls into a collectible Chicom Type or Russian type. All the way to neutered, tacticool examples.

From the pics you posted you have a good runner for a nice unmolested Norinco SKS. I can’t tell by the pics but if it still has the bayonet fixture that is a huge plus and being Norinco is probably a spike type bayonet. That being said, an all matching Preban Norinco SKS with a correct bayonet would be more valuable than say any modified, tapco, threaded, drum wielding Sks. Folks may not want to admit it but Preban non molested examples are collectible to the right person and valuable to the right collector.

If I were you I would research the Arsenal mark in the triangle and make sure it’s a spike and not blade type. Then mount the correct one. Unless you need cash let it sit in the safe a while and your rifle will climb in value. Unless it’s been neutered already, then just get rid of it for whatever.

A well informed collector will not mind “overpaying” a little as a future investment or if it is one of his unicorn guns. I overpayed for a Ruger P85 just because Arnold uses one in the True Lies movie lol.

You have a nice rifle going there OP just hoping it still has the bayo provisions.

Thanks For the insights Red. Good idea on the arsenal mark. Always makes it simpler to have a starting point to eh start from. The bayo fixture is still there thankfully. Likely going to sell it when I have a full picture of its value. At the end of the day I suppose the value of an item is whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom