• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have Glocks and carbines all around the house. The Glocks have a full mag inserted and a round in the chamber. The Glocks have no grip safety,thumb safety,or decocker.
    Everyone should be warned to keep your snowflake,thief, druggie kids out of my house. After all,if they're gonna get shot,it most likely would be better to have them shot by your gun rather than mine.
    And while I am at it . . . Cops with warrents . . . ring the doorbell,show me your warrent thru the one way glass . . . I will invite you in,make you coffee,and give you some doughnuts. --- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am not saying that the color of your gun will kill your kid. I am not trying to tell you what to do in your own home with your kids or grandkids.
    I simply can not understand why someone would allow a Hello Kitty,Barnie,Tickle Me Elmo,etc,etc,painted firearm into their home ?? If a child gets killed by an evil black Glock that is sad. If a child gets killed by a lime green zombie apocalypse gun loaded with lime green zombie killer bullets . . ? . . how sad is that.
    Lock that pink gun up. Hide it in the one place that you are "sure" that your kid does not know about. It can't happen to you. --- SAWMAN
    My concern is that a pink gun is less intimidating to a crook. A black, phosphate greyed, blued, chromed, or even engraved gun with pearl handled grips they understand. The point is most armed citizen encounters with crooks result in the crooks retreating without a shot being fired which is the best outcome for all. Crooks just might not understand quickly enough that a pink gun is real.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a couple single action revolvers that look like cap-guns I had as a kid.

How long has it been since they made a cap gun that used rolled caps? I can’t remember the last time I saw any.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Then I guess the crooks should rethink their “career choice”
    In a confrontation with a crook a smart person wants the best possible outcome and most often the best outcome is that the crook retreats without injury or loss to anyone one. Now from a point of public welfare if the crook retreats they most likely will victimize someone else so there is a good Samaritan aspect to killing goblins.

No one in their right mind looks forward to killing a criminal if there is another viable option. Exactly what is the personal upside to killing a criminal versus having them going away. You will not receive a monetary award for shooting them. There will be questions from law enforcement and some sort of investigation. Neither of these will necessary be pleasant.

One very big caveat is that if it necessary to draw weapon, you must be prepared to use it. In the case of petite women, if the perp is too close they should fire instantly. If there is some distance and the goblin immediately flees at the sight of his intended victim. Let them go. Remember what they look like and call the police.

Do not be confrontational like the idiots in photo.

Attachments

• VB7UGLTIG5AZHFSBRZHPCNKB4M.bmp
      3.5 MB · Views: 109

olecarver

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gents there is some vey good pointers all thru this post, I had not even thought of, ITs good to see our forum works well together on such a topic. They will be back in town this week and hope too get a chance after they ret up to see what direction they have chosen, or if they have. Thanks on some great things to run by them,, olecarver

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I can do a class for what they will pay rental and range fee . And they can get to shoot any thing I have. Any one that have been here will vouch for what I have available for people to try. Just my 5 cents jj

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    fwiw...I prefer to start new shooters out with pistols that have a traditional safety or even revolvers. For those of us that have been shooting awhile, finger away from the trigger is now muscle memory. I have found most, if not all new shooters, have to be reminded early on about that and about the safety...I am very partial to starting new shooters out with revolvers. The 4 rules is where every day on the range begins for me. I enjoy introducing people to shooting and I've never had anyone not enjoy their time with a firearm plinking steel targets!

Pistols like a glock, xd or other striker pistols without a manual safety, I shy away from to begin with. The M&P series is useful in that regard as they come with a safety or without. I own three, two of which have thumb safety's and the shield is one that I almost always have a new shooter try out. If you stay away from the new 2.0, they can be had new around $300. Another thing that I have found interesting; the new shooter I've had at my range really like lasers...not that this is a great choice for all, but in terms of getting someone interested in shooting and helping them shoot well a bit faster, a laser is a good tool for that I've found.

Top Bottom