• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Very fortunate that no one got dead here.

When a team of officers burst into a District Heights apartment around 10 p.m. to serve the warrant, they didn’t find the suspected drug dealer they had been trying to arrest. Instead, they found a father and his daughter.

When police arrived at the residence they knocked and announced themselves, Stawinski said, but the father didn’t hear them. (When asked why the father didn’t hear them, the chief suspected it was because he had fallen asleep while watching television.)

Amid their entrance, the chief said, the father armed himself and fired one shotgun blast, wounding two officers. An officer fired one shot in return, but “it did not take effect.”

https://wtop.com/prince-georges-cou...shooting-warrant-was-served-at-wrong-address/

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    SAD . . SAD . . SAD !!
    I really cannot understand how this could happen. 2140 Pine Lane vs 2140 Pine Drive ?? Do they just simply take the word of the scumbag informant that desperately wants to stay out of jail ??
    There is ABSOLUTELY no explanation that the authorities could come up with that would keep me (as police chief) from fireing somebodys dumbass. Possibly even sending them to jail.
    In a case like this,I am sorry to say,I am glad that it was the police that got shot and not the guy or his daughter. --- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Probably a good idea to confirm the address and those living there prior to serving the warrant.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    This is the same "highly-reliable-proof-before-a-judge-and-the-judge-signs-it" warrant system that the gun-grabbers are so proud of to determine who gets raped by the "High Risk Order" warrants, right?

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lol at the constant string of excuses of why, time after time, the victims "failed to hear" them.

Occam's razor.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    anyone busting door down at night, where I live, is subject to waking me up, and shots will ensue...

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    SAD . . SAD . . SAD !!
    I really cannot understand how this could happen. 2140 Pine Lane vs 2140 Pine Drive ?? Do they just simply take the word of the scumbag informant that desperately wants to stay out of jail ??
    There is ABSOLUTELY no explanation that the authorities could come up with that would keep me (as police chief) from fireing somebodys dumbass. Possibly even sending them to jail.
    In a case like this,I am sorry to say,I am glad that it was the police that got shot and not the guy or his daughter. --- SAWMAN

Goggle maps or g.p.s I'm a truck driver and I see it everyday.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You don't take the word of GPS you are suppose to visually check the address , If they had good training. Just my 5 cents jj

You are right but. But we all people dont do they job 100% no more. But I bet they will check from now on.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just following the GPS..... In Okaloosa, most don't patrol where they live so it takes a while until they learn the territory. Oops, my bad, sorry, but we have to hire who applies.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Resident should get a pass on potential charges, have absolutely no Civil liability and his firearm returned ASAP. I would like to view the video/audio to see exactly how loudly they announced and how much response time was allowed for the resident to answer the door before it was breached. Zero dark :30 and the time between knock/police and forced entry is often milliseconds: not enough time to comprehend much less open the door because thats exactly the way its supposed to work! In practical terms, high risk Knock or No Knock warrants can be the same to the resident. These are planned to catch the resident off guard (best case: asleep) and minimize actions from the occupants.
    Routinely, its the innocent armed resident that gets shot. Too many of these wrong address invasions keep occurring and its bad for all concerned.

I love LE, hate screwups.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    A home invasion is a home invasion.
    By police it is much louder with flash/bangs and loud screaming/yelling commands/cussing. For the police with warrent there should be a delay,but not very long at all. Understandably,they want the elment of surprise.
    So do the thugs that come to get your shit and have their way with your wife and/or daughter then kill the whole damn bunch of you.
    Add to this the thought that the thugs could enter in the same manner,be dressed in all black,and carry long guns. They could also be screaming . . . "POLICE OFFICER WITH WARRENT".
    NOW . . . whatcha gonna do ??????? ---- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Also . . . wondering who is the final authority on which house gets its door kicked in and at what time of day.
    A sergeant, a lieutenant, the captain,some D.A. ?? Do multiple people have to sign off on it ?? --- SAWMAN

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    [h=2]Fourth Amendment[/h]
    [FONT=&amp]The Fourth Amendment is a natural liberty contained within the Bill of Rights. This particular right was a part of the Constitution which guaranteed the early Americans that agents no longer would be able to unjustly search their homes without the proper authority (warrant) and proper cause. Adopted into the Constitution in 1791, the Bill of Rights became the law of the land.

this right was one of the "big" ones the framers added in the bill, not to be taken lightly, the laws go back hundreds of years, and the right to be secure in one's castle is strong

no where that I have found says the govt/cops have the authority to smash the door in without displaying the search warrant to the occupant, and giving him time to verify it, and the identity
    of the officers..

cop uniforms,or all black clothing does not reassure the homeowner that they have good intentions.

I will shoot anyone who breaks my door down, regardless of who they say they are..however, if
    I have to opportunity to look outside and see cop cars, blue lights, and enough firepower to level a house, I am not stupid, I will calmly open the door and address them

[/FONT]

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mistakes happen, Murphy's Law is a real pain in the tuckus.
    Glad nobody got killed. That's the important part.

You'd think cops would learn to hit up the local Domino's before
    going to an address...those little weasels REALLY know the area they serve,
    and in Great Detail...

Sandspur6

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "no where that I have found says the govt/cops have the authority to smash the door in without displaying the search warrant to the occupant, and giving him time to verify it, and the identity of the officers."

That kind of stuff will get you killed. These cops screwed up big time by going to the wrong house, but their entry technique is pretty much standard procedure.

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am curious the number of people killed because drugs are illegal as opposed to how many would die if they weren't.

RH

Top Bottom