• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I've had several people tell me 1st phase dove season times were 1/2hr before sunrise to sunset. Seemed odd to me since I know years ago, the 1st phase was always from Noon till Sunset. But I've not dove hunted in as many years so figured they must have changed it.
    So I too looked it up on-line and even checked the 2018-2019 Florida Hunting Handbook which shows 1/2hr before sunrise to sunset.

Yesterday, while at Wal-mart, I saw this flyer/picture on their sporting goods countertop that shows "Noon-Sunset" during the 1st phase.

I asked the sales girl if they are sure, as the handbook shows different. She said this is what they sent us (picture/flyer), and said they changed it.
    Makes sense, But I wonder if FWC will give warnings because of the hour change is different as depicted in the 2018-19 handbook, unless it's listed somewhere different in the handbook?
    What if you never go to Wal-mart and never knew? Whats the fine?

Here it is, so you should make not of it.

Attachments

• dove.jpg
      dove.jpg
      330.4 KB · Views: 196

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    OK my buddy called and even though Blackwater says noon, (EDIT, Noon it is) if others are shooting I will be too.. Am going off 4 on Beaver Creek RD for opening day where the dove fields are, we shall see.

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    2019:

Blackwater at Noon on Sat! Am going off 4 on Beaver Creek RD for opening day with bowfreak where the dove fields are, we shall see. Come and join us for a social dove hunt

bowfreak

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    2019:

Blackwater at Noon on Sat! Am going off 4 on Beaver Creek RD for opening day with bowfreak where the dove fields are, we shall see. Come and join us for a social dove hunt

Absolutely... The more the merrier... I have an extra gun too if someone needs it.

Top Bottom