Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

GSSF (Glock Sport Shooting Foundation) Match | Mobile, AL

Please join us for our match in Mobile, AL on October 06 - 07, 2018. The SHOWDOWN AT BIG CREEK VI will be hosted by THE MOBILE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE.

You can pre-register and avoid the walk up lines by using the registration form found at www.gssfonline.com and emailing or faxing it to 770-437-4719 by Noon EST on Wednesday, October 11th. If you miss the deadline for pre-registration, bring this email and a filled out registration form to the Walk-Up counter for faster service. Maps to the range can be found at www.gssfonline.com under the Match Schedule section. Just click on the match link for the map!

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!

As a GSSF Member, please take the time to post a review on the page and don’t forget to click “Like”! Click the link to view: https://www.facebook.com/GLOCKSSF

DON’T FORGET:

The GLOCK Girls Side Match is available at every match! All female shooters are eligible for entering this event. The best score wins $100 and guns are given away randomly when 10+ females sign up! Pre-register for this division at www.gssfonline.com!

POCKET GLOCKS DIVISION is available for G42s & G43s. This division follows the same rules and prize distribution as the Major Sub Division. You can pre-register for this division only on the same form as the GLOCK Girls Side Match found at www.gssfonline.com!

Take advantage of the GLOCK Armorer's services on site as a part of your member benefits when attending the match! Information on other membership benefits are posted at www.gssfonline.com in the Hot Topics section.

Here's our CURRENT schedule:

Saturday, - 9:00 am - Registration opens, Shooting begins at 9:00am, Registration closes at 3:00pm

Sunday, - 9:00 am - Registration opens, Shooting begins at 9:00am, Registration closes at 2:00pm

Come out and shoot with us! Bring a new member and you and the new member will be entered in a drawing for a GLOCK pistol certificate! For details, visit www.gssfonline.com.

We look forward to seeing you at a future match!

I learn the hard way.

Resident trigger snob.

My YouTube Channel <--- Link

12 GA
    So it is a two day match or are they just having two separate matches?

Quote Originally Posted by bowfreak View Post
    So it is a two day match or are they just having two separate matches?
    Neither, really. GSSF consists of 3 stages. Simply stated, you walk up, get in line, and shoot the stage. Then you load your mags back up and go to the next stage, wait in line, shoot the stage. Then do it again for the 3rd stage. You do that for each division you shoot (you can stay at the line and shoot multiple divisions before moving on to the next stage). You can shoot any of the stages any time they're open over the course of the weekend.

Here is an example of one of the divisions I shot last year:
    I learn the hard way.

Resident trigger snob.

Annual Gunny match is in Talladega this weekend. I'm going Friday.
    Protecting this country and it's communities isn't just the job of soldiers and police, but of every patriot who is capable.

Quote Originally Posted by bohica793 View Post
    Annual Gunny match is in Talladega this weekend. I'm going Friday.
    I wonder how far behind they are on scores this year. Wasn't it about 2 months last year?
    I learn the hard way.

Resident trigger snob.

4-6 weeks is typical. They were behind 2 months at one point last year due to being shorthanded.

EDIT: 5 weeks currently
    Last edited by bohica793; 09-20-2018 at 02:29 PM.
    Protecting this country and it's communities isn't just the job of soldiers and police, but of every patriot who is capable.

Preliminary scores are up. http://www.gssfonline.com/results/2018/2018mal.pdf

I felt really bad about my shooting after the match, but the stage variations were a little more difficult this year. It looks like everyone struggled a little bit compared to last year.
    I learn the hard way.

Resident trigger snob.

No comment

9. Likes bohica793's Post:

Scores/prizes have been finalized.
    I learn the hard way.

Resident trigger snob.