• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alabama Hamma

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have attached a flyer for the match on September 30th starting at 9 am. It's a fun match, seeing those old war relics. If you have one come out and shoot with us. Tropys for 1st place ribbons for 2nd & 3rd.

CW

Attachments

• 30 SEPTEMBER MILITARY RIFLE MATCH.pdf
      52.5 KB · Views: 246

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have attached a flyer for the match on September 30th starting at 9 am. It's a fun match, seeing those old war relics. If you have one come out and shoot with us. Tropys for 1st place ribbons for 2nd & 3rd.

CW
    I would very much like to participate in such matches, but they write rules that prohibit my 19 th century designed black powder weapons that do have have 20 lbs double actions triggers and also single action triggers. No one would use the double action pulls for a match, but yet the stupid rules are there. My thoughts on the ignorant short sighted people that write such things are not printable. Obviously I will not be participating anytime soon with a handgun in these matches. I have rifles that pass, but I really do not like the attitudes of such people.

Plinker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    63CC4BF7-1C6D-407D-AD37-FE54753CB955.jpeg

Thanks for the heads up Carl!
    Missed the last one dang it.

I got no problem whatsoever with “weapon must be configured as issued to mass troops”

Hope to see you there!
    TH

Attachments

• 63CC4BF7-1C6D-407D-AD37-FE54753CB955.jpeg
      63CC4BF7-1C6D-407D-AD37-FE54753CB955.jpeg
      112 KB · Views: 272
    Last edited:

Alabama Hamma

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would very much like to participate in such matches, but they write rules that prohibit my 19 th century designed black powder weapons that do have have 20 lbs double actions triggers and also single action triggers. No one would use the double action pulls for a match, but yet the stupid rules are there. My thoughts on the ignorant short sighted people that write such things are not printable. Obviously I will not be participating anytime soon with a handgun in these matches. I have rifles that pass, but I really do not like the attitudes of such people.

Rules is Rules!

Plinker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    DFD585EC-D246-4F1B-BEE2-AC260E7450E4.jpg

Fun Match with all kinds of military service rifles represented.
    The etched glass mugs for first place were a nice touch.

Well Done Hamma!!

Attachments

• DFD585EC-D246-4F1B-BEE2-AC260E7450E4.jpg
      DFD585EC-D246-4F1B-BEE2-AC260E7450E4.jpg
      220.9 KB · Views: 285

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

So rules are made to make it a somewhat level playing field. You do not have a firearm that would be competitive within the rules so you dislike the people that volunteer to run the match? Am I missing something?

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So rules are made to make it a somewhat level playing field. You do not have a firearm that would be competitive within the rules so you dislike the people that volunteer to run the match? Am I missing something?
    yes you are missing something in that the firearms in question do not give any competitive edge. Explain the competitive edge that a 20 lbs double action trigger pull will give. In the stock single action the triggers pulls are not all that great either on these old guns. Try out the trigger on my 9.4 dutch revolver. It would simply be a fun thing and there would be almost no chance of winning and I would have to make the cases for the .375 bore gun that is very close to being a true .38.
    On my nagant I might be able to remove the DA capacity and make it a single action only, but I am not sure if it would still qualify.

9.4.jpg

Attachments

• 9.4.jpg
      9.4.jpg
      127.5 KB · Views: 192
    Top Bottom