• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Anyone have any real world feedback concerning these two coolers? I'm looking at the small one, the 20 qt one. I've looked at the Ozark Trail one at Wal Mart. The reviews on it are awful, and it really does not seal well. I'm considering this purchase a part of hurricane preparedness to keep small items that are normally in the fridge cold during a power outage, plus for camping. I have two larger Coleman Extreme coolers that did a good job during Ivan, and I'm now searching for a good smaller cooler. Yeti or Orca or ? Thanks for your thoughts and feedback guys.

GBtown

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have a 75 Orca. After using it on a couple of trips I’m not sure it is worth the money over a standard cooler as far as holding ice under normal use. If the coolers are left unopened for days, then the high end cooler probably performs better. But if you are actually using the cooler (opening it over and over for food and drink), then I’m not sure how much better they are. The main advantage I see is in the construction and durability, which I do think is much better.

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't own any of the new generation coolers, though i read somewhere that Sam's Club (walmart) has their own brand of these coolers and are a much better value. I no longer have a sam's card and I don't live near one so I can't comment for sure...just passing along a potential lead.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeti is way over priced for what you actually get, it use to be what all the cool kids bought . I’ve been using Cabela’s for a few months now and so far I’m satisfied with their coolers.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The NRA had a issue with Yeti after some form of discount for NRA (Members or Programs) was cut or discontinued. Gun folks were shooting and blowing up their Yeti products on youtube yids. Yeti said it was just a misunderstanding. I don't know if it matters to you.

Big bucks coolers "may" be worth the cost for longer boat or camping trips. They're a waste of money for power outage use. Invest that money in a generator to power your fridge and freezer (gen does not need to run 24/7 to keep them cold). Ice water from the coolers will re freeze quickly Recycle water from cooler into fresh ice. I've got several large Colman coolers and they will keep contents cold for 2+ days. Cold, as in you would not want to keep your hands submerged in the ice/water for very long.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I own a couple of the RTIC brand coolers. They were less tha 2/3rds the cost of comparable Yeti's.
    I would strongly urge you to buy another brand other than Yeti. They caved to the liberal/Dems on the NRA thing. They turned on the same crowd that brought them to fame.
    Again . . . please choose another brand other than Yeti. --- SAWMAN

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have an RTIC as well and have been happy overall with it for what it is. The generator advice was pretty darn good...I have both.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I hear you guys and Sawman on the Yeti. I will not buy a Yeti. If the NRA doesn't like them then I don't like them. lol Who sells the RTIC brand? I have two generators, a 5500 Troy-Built regular generator and a Honda EU-2000i inverter generator so I'm covered there. I also have gas cans and oil to keep those generators humming. I looked at the Ozark Trail coolers at Wal Mart, and I don't see where they are worth the money. The reviews on them are bad also. Where can I look at the RTIC brand? Thanks guys.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I got my RTIC coolers directly from the factory. I have not seen them for sale in a store around here.
    There is an old thread that I started about them. Probably a year or so ago now. --- SAWMAN

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jester, thanks for the great coolerzone link. Tons of good info there.
    Sawman, I found and read the posts from 2016. Thanks.
    The RTIC's seem to be the way to go.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    As I recall,they were the first to "challenge" Yeti. That was long before the Yeti vs NRA thing.
    I was determined NOT to pay the price of Yeti. The RTIC's have served me well and keep ice for as long as I have ever needed. --- SAWMAN

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a Pelican 40qt that is great, but if you go to Sam's club they sell an Igloo that has the same type of latches as the Yeti. I got a 20qt for $89 on sale and have used it for two summers teaching up at CORE for work and it holds up great. We spend three days up there I fill it with ice in the morning and it's good until the next morning when left out in the sun all day. If I shade it the ice will last a couple days. Even when it melts it will remain cold for 4-5 days in the back of my truck in summer temps.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I’ve got an RTIC 45 and a Yeti 35 and I don’t think either one of them make enough difference to justify the price over an Igloo or Coleman.
    RTIC will run an online sale around Christmas.
    Bucee’s gas stations in Texas carries them. They are building a Bucee’s on I-10 near Loxley.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I’ve got an RTIC 45 and a Yeti 35 and I don’t think either one of them make enough difference to justify the price over an Igloo or Coleman.
    RTIC will run an online sale around Christmas.
    Bucee’s gas stations in Texas carries them. They are building a Bucee’s on I-10 near Loxley.

OT- but have you seen that Bucee’s off I-10? It’s suppose to have 120 fuel pump stations, that’s an insane amount of pumps. I’ve been watching it being built and it’s as big as a Wal Mart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Yes I have. They are amazing stores and have some really good sandwiches, biscuits etc.
    They advertise the cleanest bathrooms around.
    If you need a job, they pay well.

Top Bottom