APOD Firearms

CZ-527 chambered in 7.62X39 any comments?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wags68

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have been looking at these as well. Reviews I've read say they are fantastic rifles with superb accuracy. Based on every other CZ I own, I would believe the reports. Youtube had a few good reviews on this rifle. Also, over on czfirearms.us they have a lot of discussion on CZ bolt action rifles.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ruger makes the American Ranch in this caliber w/16 inch threaded barrel. Doesn't have the beautiful wood furniture the CZ has, but as far as accuracy and price, hard to beat.

https://ruger.com/products/americanRifleRanch/specSheets/16976.html
    What kind of accuracy are you getting in 7.62x39 from the ranch rifles.
    I have a very old like a ruger made in 1975 series 180 in 223 that is about the most inaccurate rifle that I own.
    The CZ looks like a very good rifle and one can really tune up some good loads for it using boxer primed brass. Since i have good bolt guns in other calibers it does not really pay for me to get a bolt gun in that caliber just to shoot it in a bolt gun.

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Ruger makes the American Ranch in this caliber w/16 inch threaded barrel. Doesn't have the beautiful wood furniture the CZ has, but as far as accuracy and price, hard to beat.

https://ruger.com/products/americanRifleRanch/specSheets/16976.html

outside of the MSR's I told myself to try at every turn to NOT buy a gun with a plastic stalk. There something about steel and wood when discussing guns. That's just me, I know.... The above ruger is a nice gun for someone, but not my taste

What kind of accuracy are you getting in 7.62x39 from the ranch rifles.
    I have a very old like a ruger made in 1975 series 180 in 223 that is about the most inaccurate rifle that I own.
    The CZ looks like a very good rifle and one can really tune up some good loads for it using boxer primed brass. Since i have good bolt guns in other calibers it does not really pay for me to get a bolt gun in that caliber just to shoot it in a bolt gun.

heck, with my AK, I can hit a baseball size group at 100 Yds. (I have a red dot) but with proper taking my time shots, its not bad IMO. I know I'll never shoot a mouse at any distance anyways.... :) Pew, Pew, Pew :)

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I own several CZ 527’s the only thing that I don’t care for are the scope mounts. The triggger is outstanding , fit and finish are good and I haven’t seen one that’s not accurate. I’d recommend them to a friend.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    103   0   0
    Regarding the Ruger American Ranch. You should be able to get MOA with good ammunition. I agree with Realtor on the look and feel of wood and steel. However, CZ is not using walnut on that gun. They are using walnut stained birch. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But if you're expecting walnut not going to happen. Ruger made in USA, CZ (?). Ruger 5 round magazines $25 are available, CZ 5 round magazines $50 not available. Ruger logo 20 round magazines $30, CZ n/a. The Ruger takes Mini 30 magazines. You probably can get aftermarket magazines cheaper than Ruger logo ones. Any magazine that work in Mini 30 will work in the Ruger. Scope mount on Ruger integral to receiver (very solid), CZ not. Must buy scope blocks and rings separate. Ruger trigger adjustable, CZ not. Price on the Ruger $500. Price on the CZ $700+. Ruger readily available, CZ not. I really don't have a dog in this fight. They are both accurate if that's your only consideration. I'm making a comparison for value. If you want to see actual accuracy on the Ruger watch this YouTube video. Notice the shooter is shooting off hand not off a bench.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08TIL56OQyI

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Hell no. Walnut and birch are two different woods.
    Birch being MUCH softer. ---- SAWMAN

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Hell no. Walnut and birch are two different woods.
    Birch being MUCH softer. ---- SAWMAN

i know, with a much straighter grain too. however, what we call walnut here in the states, may be called something different overseas, or vice versa.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I am not very well versed on the different woods. Ruger used to use white (paper) birch from Maine for the stocks on the older Mini-14's. Birch is harder than Popular,Aspen,etc. but is considered one of the softer hardwoods.
    It has very little character and is fairly light colored. --- SAWMAN

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I had (still do have) a AK with the blond wood split while shooting. very straight grain, not sure what kind of wood it is, but split non the less....

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One AK that I had came with laminated wood which I liked, but it was PC thumb grip and I removed it.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Regarding the Ruger American Ranch. You should be able to get MOA with good ammunition. I agree with Realtor on the look and feel of wood and steel. However, CZ is not using walnut on that gun. They are using walnut stained birch. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But if you're expecting walnut not going to happen. Ruger made in USA, CZ (?). Ruger 5 round magazines $25 are available, CZ 5 round magazines $50 not available. Ruger logo 20 round magazines $30, CZ n/a. The Ruger takes Mini 30 magazines. You probably can get aftermarket magazines cheaper than Ruger logo ones. Any magazine that work in Mini 30 will work in the Ruger. Scope mount on Ruger integral to receiver (very solid), CZ not. Must buy scope blocks and rings separate. Ruger trigger adjustable, CZ not. Price on the Ruger $500. Price on the CZ $700+. Ruger readily available, CZ not. I really don't have a dog in this fight. They are both accurate if that's your only consideration. I'm making a comparison for value. If you want to see actual accuracy on the Ruger watch this YouTube video. Notice the shooter is shooting off hand not off a bench.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08TIL56OQyI

The CZ comes with rings , the receiver has 16 mm dovetails, no base is required. The trigger is outstanding, it is a single set that can be set by pushing forward and set as lite as 10 oz . If you choose to use it with out setting it it’s about 2 pounds and breaks like a glass rod. But as you said I don’t have a dog in this fight , I own both a ruger and a CZ , both with plastic stocks and factory threaded for a suppressor.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    SPECIFICATIONS

CZ 527 American Synthetic Suppressor-Ready, .300 Blackout CZ 527 American Synthetic Suppressor-Ready, 7.62x39
    Product NameCZ 527 American Synthetic Suppressor-Ready, .300 Blackout SKU 03085 Firearm Type Rifle Purpose Hunting MSRP $748.00 Chambering .300 Blackout Rate Of Twist 1:7 in Magazine Capacity 5 Magazine Type Detachable Stock Black Polymer, American-Style Length Of Pull 13.5 in Sights No Sights, Integrated 16mm Scope Bases Barrel Cold Hammer Forged Barrel Length 16.5 in Weight 5.87 lbs Trigger Mech Single Set Trigger Safety Two-Position Product Name CZ 527 American Synthetic Suppressor-Ready, 7.62x39 SKU 03086 Firearm Type Rifle Purpose Hunting MSRP $748.00 Chambering 7.62x39

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Cz 527 A83087B5-18CF-4821-BAED-D821C1D28853.jpg

Attachments

• A83087B5-18CF-4821-BAED-D821C1D28853.jpg
      A83087B5-18CF-4821-BAED-D821C1D28853.jpg
      53.6 KB · Views: 128

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Picked one of these up used, with a scope and a bi-pod. nice shooting carbine. after I got it dialed in, good group IMO at a hundred yards and a crappy scope that's blurry…. I like it..... (wadda ya think of my target?)

Attachments

• 0921181445.jpg
      0921181445.jpg
      422.3 KB · Views: 124

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The target? lol how many doe you want, Discount, the more you buy... lol

Top Bottom