• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Folks,
    I have some friends visiting from Denmark and I will be taking them to the range on Wednesday (09/19) morning. If anyone is interested in joining us and showing some of your goodies to them, anyone is welcome. I will be bringing an AR rifle or two with me, maybe an AK and/or a FAL, probably a Saiga12 and a few handguns. I'm trying to make this special for them as they dont have the same opportunities as we Americans do. They love the idea of shooting and if anyone would like to add to their day, the more the merrier. We'll probably get started around 9am and the Quintette public range, Santa Rosa Shooting Center.

Cheers!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Ken, you need to quit going to them silly and expensive places and join a "real" range.
    I can reccomend one. ---- SAWMAN

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have some German friends and when they visit over here that is usually their biggest thrill. Shooting some of my iron. They indicated to me that to get past all the hurdles it costs about $2000 just to own a gun.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Had a buddy that retired a couple of years before I did that opened a shooting/gun range in Arizona.
    He swooped up a bunch of Class 3 stuff and catered to the rich Japanese buisness men. They would want their picture taken with the weapons and shooting the weapons. He finally put two full time photographers on his staff and ended up making almost as much on the pics as the rental of the guns and ammo.
    He ended up with 6 RSO's full time and another 4 on call.
    When he first opened he asked me if I wanted a job after I retired. I just laughed at him. When I retired,he asked again but I wanted to stay in Maine.
    He is now a multi millionaire. --- SAWMAN

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ken, you need to quit going to them silly and expensive places and join a "real" range.
    I can reccomend one. ---- SAWMAN
    Brother, if I had more time to go as much as I used to then I could validate that. However, since this youngin' came along, my time is devoted to her. I rarely get to have range time. This has been very good for my ammo storage strategy. A box or two of ammo every pay cycle and no time to burn it.....

I'm still buying and storing firearms, lol, I just don't get to shoot them as much.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Folks,
    I have some friends visiting from Denmark and I will be taking them to the range on Wednesday (09/19) morning. If anyone is interested in joining us and showing some of your goodies to them, anyone is welcome. I will be bringing an AR rifle or two with me, maybe an AK and/or a FAL, probably a Saiga12 and a few handguns. I'm trying to make this special for them as they dont have the same opportunities as we Americans do. They love the idea of shooting and if anyone would like to add to their day, the more the merrier. We'll probably get started around 9am and the Quintette public range, Santa Rosa Shooting Center.

Cheers!

get them some hats made up;

MEGA

make europe great again

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    well, we had a really great time! I let them shoot an AR, an AK, Sig p238, xdm 9mm, swd m9/11, and s&w 642. We were out there for about 3 hours and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Look out for them Danish fella's, they're all crackshots!!! One of the young men was 17 and had never even held a gun before and he will banging groups like he'd been shooting for years after very little instruction. Honestly, I had so much fun watching and instructing (grip, stance, and function) that I only shot very few rounds myself. Was very rewarding taking folks out who hadnt had the opportunity to do such before. Smiles all day and many laughs.

Top Bottom