• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good deal (includung free s/h) by current standards. I've seen it below .04 a round a few times but the the get fat on high S/H fees on the Net. I was at Wally in PCB yesterday and they had four boxes of Fed 550 count for under $20, approx .036 per round. I left them on the shelf. The boxes were pushed back about eight inch so you need to look back between the shelves.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good deal (includung free s/h) by current standards. I've seen it below .04 a round a few times but the the get fat on high S/H fees on the Net. I was at Wally in PCB yesterday and they had four boxes of Fed 550 count for under $20, approx .036 per round. I left them on the shelf. The boxes were pushed back about eight inch so you need to look back between the shelves.
    One outfit (Target Sports USA) I buy 5,000 round orders from will eat the shipping and handling. I am using the mexican standard velocity and last got it for close to 4 cent a round IIRC. I like that load very much. That is about about a yrs supply for shooting weekly 900 bullseye matches. 90 rnds a match, plus sometimes I shoot during the alibi calls also.
    From now on I will keep at least a 15,000 round cushion of ammo, with most of it being HV hollow point and a lot of sub sonic hollow point. I got caught short last time.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm still well stocked with .22LR I bought around 94. Fed/AE hv for .018 per round. Thats why I don't get excited at .04. I really curtailed shooting .22LR during the last crazy period. It was high priced due to demand and limited production. Since then some Mfgs have increased production capabilitie but claim material costs are the reason its still higher then the decades old .01 to .02 per round. I will be restocked prior to the 2020 election cycle.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Just a heads up......there Will be another shortage, perhaps in 2/3 years depending on who wins in 2020. Now would be the time to stock up if you haven't already. Same with all ammo really. Just saying..........

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Just a heads up......there Will be another shortage, perhaps in 2/3 years depending on who wins in 2020. Now would be the time to stock up if you haven't already. Same with all ammo really. Just saying..........

I never stopped stockpiling...

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    relative to .22 there are still people sitting on caches of 20,000 rounds that really never shoot very much. Somehow they thought that .22 rf was needed for SHTF and they could use it for Self defense and survival hunting.

Last edited:

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes...finally. I've seen bricks approaching $20 on websites and I will be stocking up a bit. When this all started, I remember walking away from a pallet of Win 555 ammo that was at $18 and change...too expensive I said to myself....that was around 2012; cant remember for sure...I was in a WalMart south of Little Rock, AR. That would be the last display like that I'd see until a couple of years ago...I'll be stocking up a bit for sure. I shoot 22 fairly regularly and seems like when I start shooting it, I shoot alot of ammo...hundreds of rounds. With pistol centerfire, I"m typically going to shoot 50-100 rounds in a sitting...now the weather will begin to become a bit more mild and my range sessions will increase a good bit.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Typical ad
    Some things I would wait for sale and buy it locally and pay the sales tax to avoid the hassle of waiting on the fed ex or ups dropoff.
    When I order sometimes I have them drop it off at a shipping center where you show ID to pick up rather than leave it on the street near my mail box.
    Federal Ammunition
    Federal Champion 22 Long Rifle Ammo 36 Grain Copper Plated Hollow Point Value Pack 525 Rounds
    case if 10 boxes is 5250 rounds at $199.90
    Free Shipping!
    Last time I paid no sales tax.
    They sell other brands and chamberings also
    Subcategories

22 LONG RIFLE AMMO
    22 WMR AMMO
    17 HMR AMMO
    17 HORNADY MACH 2 AMMO
    22 CB AMMO
    17 AGUILA AMMO
    17 WSM AMMO
    22 LONG AMMO
    22 SHORT AMMO
    22 WRF AMMO
    https://www.targetsportsusa.com/rimfire-ammo-c-196.aspx

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    they leave it on my front porch. if I see them, I go to the truck with the dolly to help them.... I wonder what they think, I order that's heavy and in a plain wrapper.... lol

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    they leave it on my front porch. if I see them, I go to the truck with the dolly to help them.... I wonder what they think, I order that's heavy and in a plain wrapper.... lol
    My driveway has a locked gate out on the road and so that is where it gets left. Driveway is like 400 ft long. Never had anything stolen yet. I think I have been lucky so far.

Strangers have been observed to be roaming streets in Pace, FL. A yr ago the SRC Sheriffs broke up a mail theft ring. There are meth addicts that will steal anything. The other day near spencer field this female thing stole a bike with a flat tire from under a house. Neighbors and owner tracked it down to gas station near the high school and had the Sheriffs also show up. She got charged with just about everything from smuggling contraband into the jail to other things.

Last edited:

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My driveway has a locked gate out on the road and so that is where it gets left. Driveway is like 400 ft long. Never had anything stolen yet. I think I have been lucky so far.

Strangers have been observed to be roaming streets in Pace, FL. A yr ago the SRC Sheriffs broke up a mail theft ring. There are meth addicts that will steal anything. The other day near spencer field this female thing stole a bike with a flat tire from under a house. Neighbors and owner tracked it down to gas station near the high school and had the Sheriffs also show up. She got charged with just about everything from smuggling contraband into the jail to other things.

sign of the times, we aren't living in Mayberry anymore.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    sign of the times, we aren't living in Mayberry anymore.

This is the thing that got arrested for stealing a bicycle with a flat tire and walking away with it. These people are about and one should be prudent in their actions if they show up.
    29a5559cf056a3c24966c7d68d14fbe4.jpg.smartcrop279x304.jpg
    It turns out the woman is staying or living with a man in my neighborhood (Charles Circle off West Spencerfield) who drives a green Silverado. Walking through our neighborhood she decided to knock on our neighbors door and ask if we were home. Our neighbor told her that we were likely awake and she should knock if she wanted to speak with us. She then came over and took the bike from underneath the car port and walked off with it. The bike had a flat that I was about to change. I'm not sure what she planned on doing with it. She walked it all the way down to the Shell on the corner of Norris and went inside. A neighbor recognized the bike and called us, we were able to aprehend them with the sherrif as they left the store.
    If you live in or around the area please be aware that she will likely continue staying there, after she gets out of jail. I was unable to take her picture before she was taken away. The woman was average height and build, white with blonde hair, likely mid fifties. If her mugshot is posted later I will add it.
    She was actually hit with a bunch of felony charges. Burglary, grand theft, cocaine, possession of controlled substance, meth and introduction of narcotics into a jail facility. She won’t be out for a while. Your welcome

Attachments

• 29a5559cf056a3c24966c7d68d14fbe4.jpg.smartcrop279x304.jpg
      29a5559cf056a3c24966c7d68d14fbe4.jpg.smartcrop279x304.jpg
      18.4 KB · Views: 280

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    My grandson saw the neighbors son and girlfriend getting dropped off at the trailer they live in as he came home from school. He came in and told us we had to evict them that he didn't want meth head drug addicts living anywhere near us, they live about 200 yards up the road from us. We had to explain to him that we don't own that property and couldn't evict them. Never had anything stolen but they know we have video surveillance 24 hours a day, hope I didn't just jinx myself.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I would like to evict some people from the planet, but alas, I fear there are laws against it...

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The humble .22LR can do a lot of thing well. If I was limited to $100 worth of ammo in a end of civilization scenario, it would be in .22LR. That's about 2750 rounds that can easily be carried. Fits rifles (28 rd mags) and handguns (normally lighter weight too). Comparatively quiet. Work within its limitations. I don't plan to do .22LR as a primary but sure keep a bunch for appropriate applications.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The humble .22LR can do a lot of thing well. If I was limited to $100 worth of ammo in a end of civilization scenario, it would be in .22LR. That's about 2750 rounds that can easily be carried. Fits rifles (28 rd mags) and handguns (normally lighter weight too). Comparatively quiet. Work within its limitations. I don't plan to do .22LR as a primary but sure keep a bunch for appropriate applications.
    While I am not wealthy, I can come up more than 100 dollars for ammo. But real advantage you mention is that it can be easily carried. Another advantage is that the report from a rifle is minimal.
    Fact is at my age and with some back problems is that I am not going anywhere far. If I plan to live off the land, traps would be the main meat getter.

Top Bottom