• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    dogs next door killed my little dog this afternoon, she was half small beagle, half chiwawa, about the size a small jack Russell, a smart little dog too

at least 3 dogs, maybe 4 involved...

one of them with a friend, had my bubba j, who is black lab pit mix down on the ground last week tearing his neck and back leg, but he was ok..but I did nothing

my dogs are friendly , I nutted them when they were 8-9 months, they still squat to pee at almost 1.5 yrs old, I don't tolerate aggressive dogs, towards me, or any of my other pets, but at least two of the others involved are still intact, they come
    over here marking trees...and growling at me, on my turf?

I don't think so

gonna kill me a brindle pit mix with a short tail the next time I see him...already told the owner.
    maybe another one too from the next door neighbor, he knows too..

not going to take a chance with Kim going outside, she can't move quick, she went out and saw them tearing at my little dog, they ripped her throat out and disemboweled her...

came as quick as she could to wave at me in the office, but it was too late.. they dropped her when Kim yelled at them, she didn't move...dead already

last week when Kim was out calling a half grown puppy from next door to her, some of the same ones, growled at her...
    and didn't run away

I hate it, but it is going to happen soon, l love animals, and have never killed one on purpose, other than a cow I had to put down, and vets putting old sick ones down..

it sucks to be them.

Last edited:

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    call the law and get a complaint filed before you do anything more.... Thats what I would do.... but..... after getting the complaint on file, then, well.......

sorry your little dog got killed.

pcolapaddler

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm so sorry that you and yours had to witness and go through this.

Sent from an unnamed device running an undisclosed OS via a third party application.

lees way2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oh yea they got to go,my neighbor and I had the same talk last week when one of his was trying to get in the storm door. It wont leave the yard next time.The bad thing is they can turn on her the same way,when one starts the others come to help. Sorry for your loss.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's awful news. I've never had to kill a dog but I would not hesitate if our little dog or my wife were threatened. Pit bulls and pit bull mixes are not to be trusted. Again I'm truly sorry to hear about this.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    call the law and get a complaint filed before you do anything more.... Thats what I would do.... but..... after getting the complaint on file, then, well.......

sorry your little dog got killed.

no sir, these are my neighbors..and friends, I will not involve the law.. they both said do what I have to do if I see them being aggressive, or all jumping in on it

, we live almost in walnut hill, no restrictions on letting dogs run loose, heck, I have tried to keep them in..tried an electric fence with a cow charger, killed 4-5 squirrels with it, and my own outdoor cat, so I undid it..

the back yard has probably 10 strands of barbed wire, square fences, and galvanized sheetmetal against the fence, they still get out.. the big ones go over and thru, the little ones under, the only
    ones it keeps in, is mama lab, and old fat beagle granny

but these dogs have always hung around together, just redneck dogs hanging out together..wrestling around..

plus, my wife was in shock, she can't tell me which ones were involved, other than they were several of them.. neighbor will check muzzles when he gets home, to see if any dried blood is on them...,

the little one who got killed, even adopted my two hound dogs, when they were little pups, and one of the dogs next door is their brother..i don't think he was involved, but was there too

she had always been around the other dogs next door, but she was a little scrapper, she would not back down..or run...

country folks handle bad dogs that kill pets, or hurt cattle, chickens or goats ,with lead.

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I really hate to hear this sir. Do what you feel that you have to do. I know what I would do. Done it before.
    Make sure to take care of yourself and family legally. You do not want to find yourself in jail,court,or "dogged" by the ASPCA or others.
    To some our/your pets are family. They are loved and protected like humans. Stay safe. Think carefully about what you do and how you handle the situation.
    Sorry for your loss sir. --- SAWMAN

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    If they are your friends they will put their dogs down immediately. No next time. NOW!!!

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    That's awful news. I've never had to kill a dog but I would not hesitate if our little dog or my wife were threatened. Pit bulls and pit bull mixes are not to be trusted. Again I'm truly sorry to hear about this.

I will never turn my back on pits, akitas, rottweilers, chows or samoyeds , they have no fear....
    hear stories every month, pits turn on owner of 8 years, kill or rip them up.., seen pits kissing babies and laying with them..all well and fine, til someone gets hurt..then it is too late

mine lay with the cats, the cats lay on them, they love each other, but some dogs treat cats as prey..or any small animal

neighbor next door, on the other side, does not care for dogs, he heard a ruckus with his chickens and peacocks a few years ago, went out side, saw a Rottweiler with a chicken in his mouth, and a couple dead ones,
    the dog growled at him, wrong move.., the 410 came up, the dog went down, got up, run off, he dropped him again, dog got up and ran off.. may have died, may not...but he never came back

I repeat, anyone who has dogs, big or small, you must be the alpha male, or female in your pack, cause that is what your dog sees you as, a pack leader

if they will not submit, get rid of them.

Last edited:

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    no sir, these are my neighbors..and friends, I will not involve the law.. they both said do what I have to do if I see them being aggressive, or all jumping in on it

, we live almost in walnut hill, no restrictions on letting dogs run loose, heck, I have tried to keep them in..tried an electric fence with a cow charger, killed 4-5 squirrels with it, and my own outdoor cat, so I undid it..

the back yard has probably 10 strands of barbed wire, square fences, and galvanized sheetmetal against the fence, they still get out.. the big ones go over and thru, the little ones under, the only
    ones it keeps in, is mama lab, and old fat beagle granny

but these dogs have always hung around together, just redneck dogs hanging out together..wrestling around..

plus, my wife was in shock, she can't tell me which ones were involved, other than they were several of them.. neighbor will check muzzles when he gets home, to see if any dried blood is on them...,

the little one who got killed, even adopted my two hound dogs, when they were little pups, and one of the dogs next door is their brother..i don't think he was involved, but was there too

she had always been around the other dogs next door, but she was a little scrapper, she would not back down..or run...

country folks handle bad dogs that kill pets, or hurt cattle, chickens or goats ,with lead.

understood.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dogs killing other dogs is hard to deal with.
    My three would have likely killed your neighbor's pack. It is what they were bred to do over the last several centuries on S Georgian, SE Alabama, and north Florida farms. They date from colonial times. That is kill intruding hostile canines be they feral dogs or the now extinct red wolf. http://oweps.weebly.com/

I do not like aggressive dogs either, but i pick dogs that can defend themselves and the homestead. One of my females has actually nipped the other female to draw blood when she thought the other dog was going to attack a smaller dog. The young male when he fills in will be a big one for a white english. He is friendly with other dogs until they growl at him. No back up in them.
    Get dogs that will not attack the neighbors dogs and that will also kill those dogs that come unto the property looking for trouble. Above all the dogs must be submissive to all members of the household and that includes guarding the cat.
    Video of one female that is more bulldog like and playful.

Again the bulldog like one with a brief glimpse of my more mastiff like white english. She is more subdued, but is the more deadly dog. Not a catch dog, but a kill dog. Very laid back and submissive. Very stubborn and is the dominant dog.

The grandmother of both of these dogs, they are cousins, when in the control of pit fighters did kill two of their dogs for which they broke her teeth and were starving her when the police finally busted them. The grandfather of two of my dogs had killed three other dogs, with good cause, before he was lost tract of.
    Many of the American Bulldog people will swear that there is no such thing as a white engish even through they were the foundation breed for most ABs, also the Hines bulldog, and the Alapaha Blue blood bulldog.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ggd1QRkoB3Y

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I will never turn my back on pits, akitas, rottweilers, chows or samoyeds , they have no fear....
    hear stories every month, pits turn on owner of 8 years, kill or rip them up.., seen pits kissing babies and laying with them..all well and fine, til someone gets hurt..then it is too late

mine lay with the cats, the cats lay on them, they love each other, but some dogs treat cats as prey..or any small animal

neighbor next door, on the other side, does not care for dogs, he heard a ruckus with his chickens and peacocks a few years ago, went out side, saw a Rottweiler with a chicken in his mouth, and a couple dead ones,
    the dog growled at him, wrong move.., the 410 came up, the dog went down, got up, run off, he dropped him again, dog got up and ran off.. may have died, may not...but he never came back

I repeat, anyone who has dogs, big or small, you must be the alpha male, or female in your pack, cause that is what your dog sees you as, a pack leader

if they will not submit, get rid of them.
    If there is any issue with my dog over who is supposed to dominant (Any human member of the house hold), a bullet goes through that dogs head. They must be submissive and also protective of the elderly, cripple, and blind that are in my household. It is not at all uncommon for some males, to challenge the human head of the household. Again a bullet is required.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm sorry you and your wife had to go through that.
    I would advise you to do yourself and your family a favor: take a real moment to think about your next actions.

Defending yourself or others in the face of an attack is one thing; hunting down or killing a stray animal after the fact is something else. You could be in serious legal trouble, especially if a human got hurt accidentally.

Your neighbors should be containing their animals, since they act aggressively towards humans. If not, then they are no longer your "friends".

I know you don't want the law involved, but how would you feel if one of those animals attacked some neighborhood kid? Those parents would be justifiably outraged that you and the neighbors knew about those dogs and did nothing. That tragedy would be on all of you.

And, if the unfortunate occasion arises that you have to put one of those dogs down, your future-conscience will appreciate it if you minimize the suffering. They didn't give that gift to your dog, but you're a superior being, and you can finish them off humanely.

Again, I'm so sorry for your loss.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I'm sorry you and your wife had to go through that.
    I would advise you to do yourself and your family a favor: take a real moment to think about your next actions.

Defending yourself or others in the face of an attack is one thing; hunting down or killing a stray animal after the fact is something else. You could be in serious legal trouble, especially if a human got hurt accidentally.

Your neighbors should be containing their animals, since they act aggressively towards humans. If not, then they are no longer your "friends".

I know you don't want the law involved, but how would you feel if one of those animals attacked some neighborhood kid? Those parents would be justifiably outraged that you and the neighbors knew about those dogs and did nothing. That tragedy would be on all of you.

And, if the unfortunate occasion arises that you have to put one of those dogs down, your future-conscience will appreciate it if you minimize the suffering. They didn't give that gift to your dog, but you're a superior being, and you can finish them off humanely.

Again, I'm so sorry for your loss.

out here, you can't keep a dog in, they live like we do, traipsing in the woods, going with daddy for a walk, or ride in a truck....and all of these dogs have always gotten along..a couple of weeks ago, after two got my dog down, when I got close, I smelled something dead...

when I got my dog in, he stuck like a dead critter, so I figured they were all sniffing over it, and one thought it was his, so I did nothing, figured just being territorial over "food'

I keep my dogs well fed, almost fat, but they burn it off, but you know a dog, they carry crap home they are proud of..
    I have talked to both neighbors, they agree , do what I got to do, no hard feelings..i will drop them like a rock with that 12ga or .22mag, they will not suffer, and I will bury them

told them if you see my dogs doing the same, attacking their dogs or cats, do what they got to do...
    I am too old and wise enough not to jump in the middle of a 4 dog dogfight, and I ain't the badass I once was(or thought I was)

my dogs love other dogs, it's like cool, let's go hang out...I catch 4-5 of them on my cameras almost every night.. any hours, you will see a deer, then 20-40 min later, I see the dogs where the deer were.

just upsets me, over a senseless killing...a dog who gets that taste of blood, will never be trusted...like having a "pet alligator"

to him, you are food

but when I get up @ 0415 to let them in, they are always back in bed in our yard

since all these dogs have been on night security, I rarely see coyotes anymore...

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Caveman-I really hate to hear about your loss. I know I'd be devastated if something like that happened to mine. I had a run in with a Pitt Bull once while walking my dog. The thing came up to us pretty close and started growling, at me or my dog I didn't have a clue but I did have a double action Walther pistol in my pocket and when it came out the Pittie went looking for easier pickings. Glad I didn't have to shoot it but had he charged I was going to.

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What a shame, that sucks so bad to hear. Sounds like your neighbors are good understanding people. You do what you have to do, hopefully before it happens again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom