• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Absolutely. I don’t mind pits, or any other breed for that matter. I may own a pit or Presa, or Fila once my kids are grown.
    However, I’ll never try to deny what they were bred for.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Absolutely. I don’t mind pits, or any other breed for that matter. I may own a pit or Presa, or Fila once my kids are grown.
    However, I’ll never try to deny what they were bred for.
    This is part of it, but also you need to know the individual dog and its parents. i am finding that dogs can vary as much as people do even when of the dogs are of the same breed.
    My three while closely related can be very different on some things.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Very sad. Such animals in bygone ages were called ban dogs. Dogs kept on a band, that is tied, and typically released at night on the estate/homestead to kill what ever trespasses. Only one of the five dogs was said to be a pit bull. The witness did not have a gun handy and she was living near to what were apparently dangerous dogs. Mastiff and mastiff mix dogs are typically big and the girl victim really did not have a chance.

The dogs involved in the attack were described as a mastiff, rottweiler-lab mix, two mastiff-lab mixes and a pitbull, the New York Post reported.

The owner of the dogs lived in an adjacent property to where O’Shea was visiting and they were reportedly kept on the property by an electric fence.

It was not immediately clear whether criminal charges would be filed.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Without pissin' off all the dog owners here . . I will simply say . . dog owners need to be held DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE for the damage their dogs do.
    If a dog kills someone . . . involuntary manslaughter for the owner. PLUS civil suit to the owner AND/OR family.
    If a dog injures someone . . . assault . . more than one dog . . assault with a deadly weapon. PLUS civil suit to the owner AND/ OR family.
    I'm talkin' . . . take their cars,boats,bank accounts,401(k) etc,etc, to pay their debt to settlement. --- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Without pissin' off all the dog owners here . . I will simply say . . dog owners need to be held DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE for the damage their dogs do.
    If a dog kills someone . . . involuntary manslaughter for the owner. PLUS civil suit to the owner AND/OR family.
    If a dog injures someone . . . assault . . more than one dog . . assault with a deadly weapon. PLUS civil suit to the owner AND/ OR family.
    I'm talkin' . . . take their cars,boats,bank accounts,401(k) etc,etc, to pay their debt to settlement. --- SAWMAN
    Same thing for car accidents even when sober. People that speed should be treated for irresponsible use of a deadly weapon. Cars kill way more people than do dogs.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Somehow . . hit and killed or hurt by a speeding driver,pales in comparison to being attacked and eaten alive by a bunch of fuckin' dogs. How would YOU like to go like that ?????????
    People . . wake up . . pass some stiff agressive dog laws. --- SAWMAN

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Somehow . . hit and killed or hurt by a speeding driver,pales in comparison to being attacked and eaten alive by a bunch of fuckin' dogs. How would YOU like to go like that ?????????

if those dogs are still alive, it would not be for long if I was the girls daddy, uncle ,brother, pawpaw etc

owner gets in the way , he can join them

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can’t disagree with any of that^^^. That’s a horrible way die , I wouldn’t wish being killed like that on anyone.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dead is dead. But I agree death by dog pack is usually not a quick death.
    What is usually done is just like people want to ban ARs others want to ban all sorts of dogs. only one of these was a pit. Misuse of dogs, cars, guns, etc and treat them same. People do need to be held accountable for sure. Part of being accountable for dogs is not keeping real bad dogs and keeping your dogs better confined.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I agree: hold the owners responsible. Investigate how/why those dogs got access to her. Hold the humans responsible.
    Parents are responsible for their kids. People are responsible for what they do with a gun/knife/car/etc. Same thing applies to an unattended guard dog.

However, bans and other breed-specific laws are ridiculous. Replace the word "dog" with "gun", and ask yourself if you'd still support the policy.

For some levity:

IMG_2960.PNG

IMG_2988.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2960.PNG
      IMG_2960.PNG
      299.5 KB · Views: 220
    • IMG_2988.JPG
      IMG_2988.JPG
      56.9 KB · Views: 216

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You sounds a lot like an anti-gunner. Just saying...

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For securing my dogs that confined with a fence I use a modification of lockout tag out used in industry when a temporary dangerous area is entered.
    When I undo the chain on my gate there is equivalent of a tag I place on my finger (A key ring). When relock the gate I place that again on one of the locks. Most dogs that get out of a fence do it through an open gate. There is a lady about 1/3 mile from me on my street and her two rottweilers have gotten out on more than one occasion through an open gate. Most mastiff type dogs will not defeat a fence. A pit if it wants can get over most fences and many plain mutts are good at it. I have watch out for trees falling and critters that dig under the fence. My three have never tried to get out and likely would not if the gate is shut.
    Dogs below are the traditional farm dogs of N. FL, AL, and Ge. called white english. These two dogs are cousins. One is a bulldog type and the other has thrown as a mastiff type.

DSCF0566.jpg
    DSCF0581.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF0566.jpg
      DSCF0566.jpg
      833.5 KB · Views: 178
    • DSCF0581.jpg
      DSCF0581.jpg
      800.5 KB · Views: 179

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I agree: hold the owners responsible. Investigate how/why those dogs got access to her. Hold the humans responsible.
    Parents are responsible for their kids. People are responsible for what they do with a gun/knife/car/etc. Same thing applies to an unattended guard dog.

However, bans and other breed-specific laws are ridiculous. Replace the word "dog" with "gun", and ask yourself if you'd still support the policy.

For some levity:

View attachment 76453

View attachment 76454

Petey was the name of the pit bulls used in the little rascals. He had some make up on his eye. They used to be considered a good dog for boy since they have more energy than many breeds. Another good dog were feists.

little-rascals.png

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    donr, Great observation by an extremely astute individual.
    Thank you for that. --- SAWMAN

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I suggest this thread be closed, it has strayed from the original post intent/topic, and has greatly changed character/focus as well; at least in my opinion.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    it has strayed off track... part of that is my fault, but it is a subject that raises strong feelings for sure.. my wife still cries over the memory of the images she witnessed...

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I suggest this thread be closed, it has strayed from the original post intent/topic, and has greatly changed character/focus as well; at least in my opinion.
    Not a bad idea.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom