• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    She's going to be a disastrous ugly hurricane for the Carolinas, prayers for all those in her path. Heed the warnings and get out of harms way!

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    yes, prayer is needed..

heard a state official from n Carolina on the radio, say they are ready...

no they aren't... 40 hrs of 80-100mph, with storm surge and 20-40" of rain in 48 hrs?
    nobody is that ready... electric workers from the Midwest on the way, as well as the south

Lord be with them

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am just not ready this year for a major strike. I hesitate to say i am glad it is going somewhere since people are really going to suffer, loose their homes, and maybe even their lives. We still could get clobbered here by something, but our chances getting better as we approach and pass the height of storm season. Next year I will have certain trees gone which are my major concern. I put a steel roof on just the spring before ivan hit and my roof was fine after that storm and i was the only one with good roof in the neighborhood without a blue roof. I have 3/4 inch treated plywood storm shutters set with 1/2" j-bots into concrete. Every block cell of the house is full of concrete and most of them have steel rebar in them. I have double and even tripled the straps for holding down the roof. But there are still one or two little things that I need to fix.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I am just not ready this year for a major strike. I hesitate to say i am glad it is going somewhere since people are really going to suffer, loose their homes, and maybe even their lives. We still could get clobbered here by something, but our chances getting better as we approach and pass the height of storm season. Next year I will have certain trees gone which are my major concern. I put a steel roof on just the spring before ivan hit and my roof was fine after that storm and i was the only one with good roof in the neighborhood without a blue roof. I have 3/4 inch treated plywood storm shutters set with 1/2" j-bots into concrete. Every block cell of the house is full of concrete and most of them have steel rebar in them. I have double and even tripled the straps for holding down the roof. But there are still one or two little things that I need to fix.

This is the one we need to keep our eyes on, might not be much going through the Caribbean but you never know when it gets to the 90 degree Gulf. Hopefully shear tears it apart before it reaches the Gulf.

Attachments

• TS Isaac Storm Path.png
      TS Isaac Storm Path.png
      68.6 KB · Views: 189

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is the one we need to keep our eyes on, might not be much going through the Caribbean but you never know when it gets to the 90 degree Gulf. Hopefully shear tears it apart before it reaches the Gulf.
    The computer models are starting to look good for us, but bad for central america. Still could get into the gulf, but with luck will not hook too hard for the north.
    ISSAC computer models 10 AM Sept 13

10 AM sept 13 2018.GIF

Attachments

• 10 AM sept 13 2018.GIF
      10 AM sept 13 2018.GIF
      170.9 KB · Views: 179

bac3996

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone wanting to listen in to area Police Fire/ Emergency Rescue where the hurricane is affecting click on the following link.

Then click on the state then the area. Then click on department you want to listen to. You can click on multiple departments. You will only hear when there is activity. Just let them run in the background .

https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/

Blackhawk 5

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looks like Florence weakened before hitting shore, good news.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Florence is not just a heavy thunderstorm. The flooding is there now which is the major cause of property damage. I was gratified to hear the wind speed was less than feared.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Inland flooding will be the big story from this storm much like Harvey was for Texas. Unlike Hurricanes we've had which make landfall and keep going (Sometimes they come back though) Florence is going to meander around the Carolinas for days and once those rains reach the Mountains the flooding is going to be disastrous.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Even as a Cat 1 and degrading somewhat, is going to be bad. More from surge and flooding then wind and its going to be sitting around for days raising Hell. I've heard of a lot of rescues of those who "were" going to ride it out. Only good thing so far is no reported loss of life. My prayers for all involved.

Top Bottom