• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Please don't forget what today is. Take a moment to reflect and remember.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I will remember and pray for the thousands of innocent lives lost that day. I just wish we knew who really instigated it.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I made my grandsons watch the news this morning and tried to make them understand what happened and the thousands dead and the first responders still suffering and dying.
    WE WILL NEVER FORGET

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    It was a Tuesday. A bunch of cowards executed a coordinated attack on our Country. A lot of brave everyday folks risked their lives (and some gave their lives) to react, and overcome.

Today is a reminder of what this Nation is made of.

The conspiracy theories and pictures of the cowards, etc... I know they're all rotting in Hell, so let's not give them anymore free press.

Instead, focus on the generation of kids who weren't born or old enough to understand. Teach them. Because these lessons can get lost in the modern-day rhetoric and petty arguments, and they shouldn't have to experience it for themselves just to learn from it.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Liberals don’t want the next generation to know what happened, it will be changed to fit the current acceptable standard.

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    History is written by those in power and adrenaline imprints memories on the brain...so for those of us that were adults when this occurred, we can remember exactly where we were, what we were doing and always will.

That memory will die with me...my son is 22 and my daughter 18 so there is little to no recollection from them though I distinctly remember telling my son to pay attention as we are witnessing history and your grandchildren will want to know about it.

Already, WWI vets are gone...of course the Civil War ( I call it the 2nd American revolution ) is long gone and there is much, much disinformation about the causes and social influences that led up to that. Woodrow Wilson is actually written up as a "good" president as is FDR and other really good presidents are forgotten...like Calvin Coolidge and Grover Cleveland. Look at enough lists and you will find more Democrats than Republicans and you will find names like Carter, Obama, Lynden Johnson, Bill Clinton, Bush etc...most contain Reagan and Kennedy which are two in my lifetime that represent the best of both parties....anyways, I diverge.

Keep clippings, pictures and tell your grandchildren and great grand children about it...there are forces afoot minimizing and denying the Holocost. We have people in power worshiping at the altar of Mao...Che Geuverra t-shirts everywhere an the name "che" is popular. We haven even touched on Stalin, Hitler, and the book on the middle eastern dictators is still being written... never forget and know there are people in the world actively working to rewrite history, remove adjectives from your vocabulary, changing the meaning/confusing words and promoting "synecdoche" as a common and acceptable means of describing concepts..definition: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/synecdoche

Not all Muslims are terrorists but most of today's terrorists are Muslim...so what, who are they? How do we identify them, quantify them and understand their true nature, as best possible? so as to act in our own best self-interest..who is the enemy? What is evil? September 11th, 2001 I was at my desk in my office preparing to host some visitors that had arrived from England. My wife called my office and told me a plane hit the world trade center...she didn't know how big and what was going on. I was on the phone with her, when the second plane hit...I knew then we were at war...I just didn't know with who. I knew they were evil. I will never forget and my children will know that it happened, how it happened and as best as I can understand, why it happened...though truthfully, I simply can't understand why people would do that, give up their life, take other innocents with them....for what? That is some powerful snake oil being sold there...I can't understand, but I do know, there are people in the world, and always will be, that will do the unthinkable, the irrational for reasons I can not understand...as predicable as the sunrise it is.

I have witnessed a lot of history in my lifetime...Reagan shot, space shuttle challenger, gulf war, the great recession, the internet, most of the props on Star Trek are now common, and more to come. My grandparents are all gone and most were born in the early 1900's...horse and buggy to space shuttle in their lifetime...and it is going to get faster I think.

Last edited:

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    September 11th, 2011 I was at my desk in my office preparing to host some visitors that had arrived from England. My wife called my office and told me a plane hit the world trade center...

Might want to fix that date.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    September 11th, 2011 I was at my desk in my office preparing to host some visitors that had arrived from England. My wife called my office and told me a plane hit the world trade center...

Might want to fix that date.

No need. The rest of us know damn well what he meant.

Forrest for the trees, man... sheesh.

Go have some Freedom Fries, wash 'em down with a tasty beverage of your choice, and thank whatever you deem appropriate that you live in a Country where strangers will lay down their lives to preserve and protect that Country... subsequently giving you a blank check on how you want to live your life here. Then ponder the fact that you use that gift to act like, well, the way you act.

God Bless America.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No need. The rest of us know damn well what he meant.

Forrest for the trees, man... sheesh.

Go have some Freedom Fries, wash 'em down with a tasty beverage of your choice, and thank whatever you deem appropriate that you live in a Country where strangers will lay down their lives to preserve and protect that Country... subsequently giving you a blank check on how you want to live your life here. Then ponder the fact that you use that gift to act like, well, the way you act.

God Bless America.

I knew what he meant as well. I made a simple suggestion and you have to take issue with it even though there was absolutely nothing wrong with it. Why do you feel like you need to throw out a lecture after that? If I want your opinion on anything I'll give it to you.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    i saw the 2nd plane hit on Tv,

after that, only two planes in us airspace,

airforce one, and a jet containing members of the Saudi royal family, leaving the us.....

naw , no connection there...move along folks, nothing to see here

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    words words words

IMG_0615.JPG

This entire exchange is just another f'd-up reminder of what a beautiful Country this is. A place where folks from different perspectives can express their views without resorting to thermonuclear resolution.

Whatever, man. You do you.

Thanks for hosting us, TexKev. I'll politely walk away from this discussion, now.

God Bless America.

Attachments

• IMG_0615.JPG
      IMG_0615.JPG
      33.9 KB · Views: 70
    Top Bottom