Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    45 ACP
    Quote Originally Posted by Plinker View Post
    Attachment 67466

I would like to know how far away the fella killed this bear with the .25 auto.

Wonder if that fella lived?
    I have tried to track down the story of that Colt ad for years.. It was printed in the 1910s

Here is a story of a guy stopping a bear with a 9mm

https://www.americanhunter.org/artic...th-9mm-pistol/

Also it seems Colt feels strongly that a 45 auto will work also..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. 2 Like indy1919a4's Post:

Quote Originally Posted by fl57caveman View Post
    its been said, if you want kill someone, shoot them with a .22LR, if you want to piss them off, shoot them with a .25
    22 is was used forever and still is by the mob for close up hits
    Vietnam Vet...Vets Helping Vets...To ALL who Serve: Thank You for your Service!
    The 6.8SPCII is the #1 choice for hunting deer and hogs with an AR15

VETS for TRUMP 2020 ** KEEP AMERICA GREAT !! "VICTORY"

4. Likes FrankT's Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    I see people saying that a lot. I have never seen any statistics. Where I grew up in the chicago area shotguns were popular because they work real well.
    Below an account of the most famous mob killing in chicago if we leave out the St. Valentine massacre where they used Thompson SMGs and shotguns.

On December 16, 1959, 22 days after his release from prison, Roger Touhy and his bodyguard were gunned down by mob hit men. Touhy and his bodyguard were entering the home of Touhy's sister, Ethel Alesia, at 125 N. Lotus Avenue at about 10:30 p.m. Touhy and Walter Miller, a retired Chicago police detective, were climbing the steps to the home when two men appeared from the shadows behind them. Touhy and Miller turned, and Miller showed them his police badge and told the men he was a police officer. The two men then pulled shotguns from beneath their overcoats, and fired five shots. Touhy was struck twice, once in each leg above the knee. Miller was struck three times, but managed to draw his revolver and fire three shots at the departing gunmen. While being rushed to a hospital, Touhy told a newsman, "I've been expecting it. The bastards never forget!"[27] Miller was taken to Loretto Hospital, where he eventually recovered. Touhy was taken to St. Anne's Hospital, where he lived for an hour before dying of shock and loss of blood.[3][4][6][28]

Roger Touhy's killers were never identified. One historian has suggested that Murray "The Camel" Humphreys was behind the assassination, having never forgiven Touhy for humiliating him in 1931 or for comments made about him in Touhy's recently released autobiography.[9]

Others believe the killers to have been Sam "Momo" Giancana, Marshall Caifano or Samuel "Teets" Bataglia, all former members of the 42 Gang which had fought Touhy on the back roads of northwestern Cook County in 1931-1933.[citation needed]

6. Likes FrommerStop's Post:

I'm glad to see someone else struggles with the illusive 1200 mark whether its meters or yards.

I have on many occasions sent .5 MOA or under groups at 1K yds... yet I find it difficult to mark the 1200 steel..I do wonder where my comfort zone is?

I used to struggle with my .308 right at the 900 yard mark...changed from 168s to 175s and that fixed that

8. Likes Jester896's Post:

SHEEEEEEEETE !!! I can ring steel at the 1200m mark with my mighty 300BLK shooting subs.
    Actually . . . . . that could be too many zero's. --- SAWMAN
    "Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
    STONER 63A (MK-23 / XM-207)
    XM177E2

10. 2 Like SAWMAN's Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    In Chicago again another famous killing this by big AL and no gun at all.

12. Likes FrommerStop's Post:

45 ACP
    I just ordered some 22 LR. We were shooting the steel at 100 yds yesterday and had a pretty good time (didn't hit it every time, but did pretty good....) Gonna get all the 22's out and dust them off and put some lead through them for a change.

14. 3 Like Realtor's Post:

5.56 - around 600yd
    .308 - 1000yd
    6.5 CM - 1 mile

16. Likes Blackhawk 5's Post:

I guess I should add my answer to the tactical situation question I presented: 225 Yards. This is with optic/sights set to Maximum Point Blank Range Zero. Its a conservative distance, plenty of cushion for wind and minor shooter/equipment variables. Unless I'm playing with .22LR or tweaking something, I'm working the 300 yard line. Every centerfire rifle I own can exceed the 225 yard hit spec.which makes it a simple shooting task with an extremely high probability of success.

I've won and lost several Benjamins on XX @ 800 yards in my hayday, now I'd be content just to scare the hell out of the 9 Ring. Lol.
    Wild Rider

Those that give up their guns are on a self destructive fools errand. Tyranny shall never take what it didn't provide: not by paper, not by Court and not by force.

Steel? Pretty far with standard full
    Power rounds. Maybe 1000?
    A 223 can go to 700 consistently, so it canít be much of a stretch.
    Critters? No idea, Iíve only ever hunted with shotguns.