Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

AR-12 Semi Auto, AR-15 Style 12GA Shotgun

Is this a bad ass shotgun or what. You can get one for $375 at Classic Arms.

Only drawback is the 5-rd mags. But you can buy aftermarket 10rd mags.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/ar12...m-12ga-shotgun
    Attached Images Attached Images  

~Behind the Fall of every man, there stands a woman.~

2. 2 Like Zeroed in's Post:

Not bad looking, at all.

Yup, looks as good if not better than a Saiga 12, and nowhere near the cost of one. Could be an investment down the road?
    ~Behind the Fall of every man, there stands a woman.~

Big question is how dependable or reliable is it, especially with after market magazines. the problem with shotguns is that the d_mn shells and then even more so the mags are huge. I would like to see someone come up with a better system. If I was rich I would pay someone to make a shotgun using 5 round rotary 'clips' for special 20 ga loads. In 20 you can still load number 1 buck. The 20 allows one to have have thinner magazines. Not going to happen unless someone like keltec got interested. Shotgun shells have a lot of wasted space in them. The 1.5 inch mexican 12 gauge shell eliminate this. Using 3" 20 ga shells one could really make a 12 ga like load if the wasted space was used.

But none of this is going to happen. If you want to make money radical ideas are very hard to sell. most people can not think outside the box.
    I have a S-12 on the back burner to convert. I plan to mostly use 5 or may 8 round mags, bu they are really clumsy devices. I just do not like long magazines. In the AR and AK I like the 20 rounders. In full auto yes one wants 30 rounds or even drum mags.
    Right now an old fashioned pump 12 ga with number 4 buck is what i use for things that run through the bushes during thenight at my place.
    Last edited by FrommerStop; 09-10-2018 at 07:55 PM.

6. Likes FrommerStop's Post:

45 ACP
    I agree it looks amazing.. and I have been tempted to buy one in the past. But my biggest concern is the unknown.. mainly the reliability. Would love to hear from someone with some first hand knowledge of owning one.

I'll keep my Saiga12...unless someone wants it for a large lump sum

Polymer ar style lower on a shotgun.... hmmmm, Id like to see one go through some buck shot first. And I cant find what the carrier and or bolt system is made from. Im fine with the aluminum upper and the barrel material but it seems the manufacture and or importers are hiding the rest.

I like the Lynx 12 better and have used a friends and it was really nice "saiga clone" as it accepts drums and I might get one if they ever switch to a forged carrier "GENII's should be imported soon", untill then I prefer the overpriced saiga 12 with the mini 12rd drum.

If no forged bolt or carrier stay away from it.