• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I've had one of these on backorder for awhile. I'd heard(Frommer tells me I've got to vet my sources better) that this was a nice platform for suppressed shooting.

TLDR: The couple of mags I put through it with a can after I got it dialed in were great.

I can't speak to the long term durability or the accuracy(yet) but as far as shootability with a suppressor, this thing is a front runner so far. Gas face is non existent. The gas block actually allows for some adjustment. I've shot several platforms with adjustable blocks that tend to be various forms of over gassed. As I shoot this thing more I'll make some updates. I like my Tavor but this thing shoots softer and it's about 60% of the cost. You can't do anything to it with aftermarket parts and the Tavor is more refined but this thing is looking good so far.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    11 clicks from fully closed. I've only tried 55gr reloads from freedom. I'd expect a click or two less with some better ammo but it may be more. It worked on 10 clicks but the cycling was slow.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Kel-tecs are some of the most avant garde designs out there. My own personal experiences and those of others is that they they have extremely poor QA/QC. Perhaps that has changed and I hope so. Kel-tec is like highpoint in that they guarantee they will fix anything that is wrong. I have never had a kel-tec that did not have something wrong with it. The inconvenience of getting every gun from them fixed is a real pain.
    But so far you indicate that the RDB's function is good. They are not cheap for sure and also not overly expensive (MSRP: $1275). I would like to read more on your experiences and i hope I did not offend you too much with my previous remarks on another thread. I am real good at offending many people since I have a much different viewpoint on life.
    The concept of bull pup shoulder arms has always been attractive to me and for an LEO or anyone that regularly transports such a rifle daily in a vehicle it has great merit in that role.
    I have a lot of very diverse interests and guns are not the only one. I spent the morning learning how to dismount a tractor tire and its tube and figure out what was wrong with it. There were sharp small pieces of gravel between the tire and the inner tube. I am doing all of this with a bad back starting to repair itself from previous injury. Got A female pooch in heat and need to be sure i keep her son away from her. need to figure what to say to a fellow that used his stud to breed my female and the female pup that he chose has apparently killed the father (Stud). Life is full of things and guns are only one part of a diversified view of life.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Kel-tecs are some of the most avant garde designs out there. My own personal experiences and those of others is that they they have extremely poor QA/QC. Perhaps that has changed and I hope so. Kel-tec is like highpoint in that they guarantee they will fix anything that is wrong. I have never had a kel-tec that did not have something wrong with it. The inconvenience of getting every gun from them fixed is a real pain.
    But so far you indicate that the RDB's function is good. They are not cheap for sure and also not overly expensive (MSRP: $1275). I would like to read more on your experiences and i hope I did not offend you too much with my previous remarks on another thread. I am real good at offending many people since I have a much different viewpoint on life.
    The concept of bull pup shoulder arms has always been attractive to me and for an LEO or anyone that regularly transports such a rifle daily in a vehicle it has great merit in that role.
    I have a lot of very diverse interests and guns are not the only one. I spent the morning learning how to dismount a tractor tire and its tube and figure out what was wrong with it. There were sharp small pieces of gravel between the tire and the inner tube. I am doing all of this with a bad back starting to repair itself from previous injury. Got A female pooch in heat and need to be sure i keep her son away from her. need to figure what to say to a fellow that used his stud to breed my female and the female pup that he chose has apparently killed the father (Stud). Life is full of things and guns are only one part of a diversified view of life.

You're good.

I've got some reservations about the RDB. The only way to see if it's a keeper is to shoot it. The prices have come down considerably. They're at or below dealer on gunbroker currently. I'm hoping it holds up because it handles well and it's the best (wrt gas face and felt recoil) supppressed 5.56 setup I've shot so far.

Latest posts

Top Bottom