DK Firearms

Just how insignificant we are in the scale of things.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Do think Jesus would fair any better if he came back today for the second coming. People would always see someone like that as a threat and act accordingly if they could.

He left as a lamb, He ain't coming back that way...

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    He better not be a sheep if he wants not to be disappeared by the secret services of some country or even be a victim of the agents of some organized religion.

The Lion of Judah

aa6e6e43aa8f0c08bebdd0a8cd21b204.jpg

every knee will bow, every tongue confess, He Is Lord

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If we talk in terms of distance or volumn, there are no end boundaries to "Space". There will always be "something" on the other side. Space is the only true physical infinite.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If we talk in terms of distance or volumn, there are no end boundaries to "Space". There will always be "something" on the other side. Space is the only true physical infinite.
    One reason I brought the topic up is that I have a problem wrapping my mind around these concepts. The world that I can visualize is being on a semi-round planet with quite finite definitions of its volume and parts. We are even these days finally getting down the deepest parts of the ocean with data collection equipment. Even the solar system is not that mind boggling, but infinity for the universe relative to space galaxies as far as we can see is.
    Thing about an ever expanding universe with a big bang beginning for it is likely mostly theory at the moment. I frankly do not understand it, does not mean that the theory does not have merit.
    Prior to Kepler, Copernicus and Galileo the official position was much simpler. The heavens revolved around the earth and saying different could get you 'fatally reeducated by the Church' if you were in Europe. The thing is most religions are flexible enough that they can adapt to new discoveries of science to fit their theology.

Last edited:

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One reason I brought the topic up is that I have a problem wrapping my mind around these concepts. The world that I can visualize is being on a semi-round planet with quite finite definitions of its volume and parts. We are even these days finally getting down the deepest parts of the ocean with data collection equipment. Even the solar system is not that mind boggling, but infinity for the universe relative to space galaxies as far as we can see is.
    Thing about an ever expanding universe with a big bang beginning for it is likely mostly theory at the moment. I frankly do not understand it, does not mean that the theory does not have merit.
    Prior to Kepler, Copernicus and Galileo the official position was much simpler. The heavens revolved around the earth and saying different could get you 'fatally reeducated by the Church' if you were in Europe. The thing is most religions are flexible enough that they can adapt to new discoveries of science to fit their theology.

It is quite a lot for our brains to comprehend and I don't think living humans will ever know the answers. But I just read what people a lot smarter than me think/theorize and draw what conclusions I can with my feeble underdeveloped brain. I do know there's plenty of room for God in cosmology.

RH

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wow, and here I am worrying about being able to come up with the money to pay my taxes and doctors bills—————— :scared::behindsofa:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Wondering - - -> If alian beings from another galaxie stop in for a visit,and we find out that their world worships a stick of Juicy Fruit chewing gum,will our churches jump their ass and try to convert them ??
    AND . . . if unable just wipe them out.
    Been done before. --- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wow, and here I am worrying about being able to come up with the money to pay my taxes and doctors bills—————— :scared::behindsofa:
    I certainly can not argue with your analysis for your particular situation.
    I am retired and so can pursue what ever thinking that I am capable of. Other than a back injury which is getting better my health is ok so far and my insurance which is medicare and state of FL supplemental so far is good. Our heath should be another topic; I think at least 50% of our illnesses in this country are related to people eating too much in the way of calories. Life style is another 20% and the rest is genetics and just plain chance.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wondering - - -> If alian beings from another galaxie stop in for a visit,and we find out that their world worships a stick of Juicy Fruit chewing gum,will our churches jump their ass and try to convert them ??
    One historical function of religions is control. Let us say the aliens decided to become sunni muslims. I bet the Shiite muslims and some christians would vote to wipe them out just on that account.
    Likely if the aliens were enterprising they might try to convert us to their religion(s). Heck they might even be on a missionary project to convert the universe. That could truly be a universal church. I am sure if space travel ever became viable the xxxxxxs (I will not mention the sect) would certainly be sending out missionaries to outer space lol. At one time the xxxxxxs would not allow people of color to be priests, but they got over that theology since they have had some success in latin america where people of color are converts and so why not aliens. Most churches measure their success based on the number of followers.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

just eat the gum, takes care of that...let them worship it when it comes out

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Religion’s purpose is to stop the poor from killing the rich. There has to be something more lasting than death to threaten poor people with to keep them in check. Most religions promise an eternity of agonizing pain for failing to comply with the rules of the church.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Religion’s purpose is to stop the poor from killing the rich. There has to be something more lasting than death to threaten poor people with to keep them in check. Most religions promise an eternity of agonizing pain for failing to comply with the rules of the church.

religions have killed many …

but religion and a belief in El Shaddai , {Almighty God}, the all sufficient One

are two different things

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Some religious people are/were about making life more just for the poor.
    I am going to be objective here and will mention that in the americas the Catholic Church did try to protect the indians from the worst abuses of the conquistadors. Their success varied a bit, but by later part of 17th century from what I read were doing a credible job of that. While slavery still existed in say Spanish Florida, it was a lot better than what the protestant english were doing nearby in what became georgia and the carolinas. What they were doing in Northern Ireland was really bad, especially to some of the Irish women that were shipped to the west indies according to one story I read and bred to africans to produce slaves. Certain areas of Ireland were depopulated and the British lords were figuring out what to do with these Irish and shipping to the Americans to work on plantations seemed to be a logical money making plan. Many historians on the net deny this ever took place and since I am not an historian I am not sure. http://redbonenation.com/history/white-slavery/

Old painting depicting Spanish conquistadors having some sport with the indians. The church took a dim view of such going-ons.

206380_428989257138979_947760564_n.jpg

La Monteria Infernal …… The dogs the Conquistadors brought with them were Mastiff breeds who were hardly the lap variety or destined for the plate. These attack dogs, often wearing their own armor, were the common European shock and awe tactic of the period. The first documented New World use of these canine swat teams occurred in 1495 when Bartholomew Columbus, Chris’s brother, used 20 mastiffs in a battle waged at Santa Maris el Antigua, Darien with his brother employing the same approach a year later. These dogs were trained to pursue, disembowel and dismember humans and to this purpose, enjoyed a human diet in the Americas. The Spanish reveled in holding human hunts called “la Monteria infernal “ where much sport was made of chasing and killing the local men, women and children. The noted Spanish apologist Bartolme de La Casas has left us numerous accounts of the exploits of these hounds from hell and it is easy to understand why these horrific memes still prevail in the cultures of Latin America. The names of many of these dogs so esteemed by the Spaniards still live on and here are but a few: Bercerruillo the terror of Borinquen, until he was fallen by 50 arrows, received a salary one and a half times that of an archer from his owner Ponce de Leon.
    Leoncillo, Bercerruillo’s son, was Balboa’s warrior, earned over 500 gold pesos in booty during his many campaigns, and he was the first Western dog to see the Pacific.
    Bruto, De Soto’s champion, received 20 slaves as spoils before his career ended.
    Scores of firsthand accounts tell us how the dogs attacked local Caciques [chiefs] both dead and alive. Perhaps this information may help to explain the innate fear held by many cultures for man’s best friend and fiend. https://elvalleinformation.wordpress...nish-war-dogs/

Attachments

• 206380_428989257138979_947760564_n.jpg
      206380_428989257138979_947760564_n.jpg
      46 KB · Views: 122

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Stand outside. Look up at a clear blue sky. Try to convince yourself that there is NO end.
    Your mind will not allow it. --- SAWMAN

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So , those that are armed hold the power and do what ever they please with the unarmed masses. Torture , kill , rape and enslave with relative impunity . Liberals want the masses disarmed, I can’t help but wonder why?

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So , those that are armed hold the power and do what ever they please with the unarmed masses. Torture , kill , rape and enslave with relative impunity . Liberals want the masses disarmed, I can’t help but wonder why?
    I agree 500% with you on that. It really does not matter what the creed or political beliefs are. Never allow anyone to have complete power over you, even they are preaching a fair break or what ever goodness they promise, if their rule is by force of arms. The marxist definition of the state is the ability to oppress. They state it is a dictatorship of the proletariat. But regardless, even if it is the great society of social justice, no politician or religious leader should be given full dominion over us. Taking our weapons is always the first step.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    . But Taking our weapons is always the first step.

We must also consider what Christ told his disciples in his last hours with them: "...But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a sack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one" (Luke 22:36, emphasis added). Keep in mind that the sword was the finest offensive weapon available to an individual soldier -- the equivalent then of a military rifle today.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We must also consider what Christ told his disciples in his last hours with them: "...But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a sack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one" (Luke 22:36, emphasis added). Keep in mind that the sword was the finest offensive weapon available to an individual soldier -- the equivalent then of a military rifle today.
    The sword was more like a glock in that it was a close quarters weapon. Take the roman legion that were the best infantry of that age. In battle as the enemy got close they threw darts (Throwing spears) and then swords came out for the hand to hand.
    But yes you are correct in that christ is quoted as urging his followers to arm themselves for self defense, but not in overthrowing rome as I understand it.

Roman Weighted Pilum
    AH-3525.png

Attachments

• AH-3525.png
      AH-3525.png
      17.6 KB · Views: 102
    Top Bottom