• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gents apologies in advance for my rambling. Just gotta vent some stuff off.

Just got word that a Army buddy of mine I served with in 07 during an Iraq tour will likely pass on to the other side tonight from cancer.

He had been fighting it for about 4 years, diagnosed just after he retired from 20 some years military service.

He was a warrior. A brave and distinguised Infantryman. He led his men thru some of the toughest time those 15months thru at us and never let any of his guys down. Everyone always speaks nicely of the departed or soon to be, but I can honestly say that work wise he was on point. Desisive, smart, and very calm under fire.

Just venting out a couple of feels about him. I know no one gets out of this alive anyway, poor sarge just didnt get to enjoy enough well earned retirement time before being taken from this cruel world.

So my hats off and my glass raised high to an American patriot that will fade away from all except those that loved him. I know his efforts on earth were worth the blessing of life he was given although too short.

Top Bottom