• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In theory these three thieves are in a lot of trouble. I guess it will be up to the judge.

According to the report, a group of juveniles broke into an ECSO SWAT vehicle and stole several items including a fully automatic .223 Cal M4 along with several magazines of ammunition and a Taser.
    Three juveniles apprehended for the theft; said to be teens, but the ages were not given so not clear if they are 18 or older.
    676602e9-a6f6-4c0b-841c-c5002cf8c39e-large16x9_rifle2.JPG

Capture.PNG

Attachments

• 676602e9-a6f6-4c0b-841c-c5002cf8c39e-large16x9_rifle2.JPG
      676602e9-a6f6-4c0b-841c-c5002cf8c39e-large16x9_rifle2.JPG
      72.4 KB · Views: 1,829
    • Capture.PNG
      Capture.PNG
      331.5 KB · Views: 1,731

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    If they would have got away "clean" with the weapon,wondering what the street price would be on that full auto with all it's sights and lights. --- SAWMAN

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm curious about a SWAT vehicle fully loaded and unprotected. Were they on-scene?

Regardless, it shows how brazen the local thugs can be. Stealing from a SWAT vehicle.
    Gee, you think they have any respect for the life or property of others if they are willing to steal from the police?

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    103   0   0
    Doesn't matter the action type or street value or the boldness of the theft. At the very least someone should be facing serious administrative time off w/o pay for letting that get out on the street. I haven't heard all the particulars but OMG who's watching the store?

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I know of two different ESCO deputies that leave their semi only carbines in their Tahoe all the time.
    They only take it out when they hunt hogs. ---- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know of two different ESCO deputies that leave their semi only carbines in their Tahoe all the time.
    They only take it out when they hunt hogs. ---- SAWMAN
    Are they the personal guns of those officers or the county's.
    I know that during the Obama and likely Bush years surplus ARs, likely A2s were handed over in mostly semi-auto format to various departments along with other equipment. On another forum one of the admin got a FA M14 that he said he has to account for in some bureaucratic manner I think on a yearly basis. On an AK it is the third pin hole that ATF says makes it a machine gun. I am not really sure for the AR what are determining factors. I believe the newer ones are made so a selector can not be turned to the FA position IIRC, but the older receivers with semiauto parts if I got it right are ok to go. Basically the DoD starts with FA that are rebuilt to semiauto as I understand it for PDs.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I believe that the officers weapons are issued by the department. However,I am not 100% sure of that.
    I have said this before but I will say it again . . . I feel that there is NO reason for a urban environment police officer to be issued a weapon capeable of full auto fire. NOT EVEN SWAT. --- SAWMAN

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    This happened at the officer’s house at 11:00 at night. This was in a gated community but they piggy-backed onto another car thru the gate.
    It’s my understanding that the officer had a prior run-in with them and he was targeted.
    The officer lived a few houses down from a friend of mine.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Left in car in front of house? What about someone stealing it? Oh wait! Idiot, and he is a cop, surely we can hire better.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Left in car in front of house? What about someone stealing it? Oh wait! Idiot, and he is a cop, surely we can hire better.

On his property in his car.......sounds safe enough to me but not in today's world. This isn't the Andy Griffith show anymore. It's 2018.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why is OK for deputies to leave firearms in their vehicles, but everyone else is vilified for leaving a weapon in a vehicle overnight!!!! Sorry, I see too many cop cars broken into many, many times!!!!! Happens more often than get's reported to the public! Thieves have a chance with joe blow vehicle. But they know without a doubt they are getting a weapon in a LEO vehicle most of the time. Risk vs reward!!!!

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I THINK it was in his trunk but they jimmied it open. I heard that a neighbor gave chase but lost them.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why is OK for deputies to leave firearms in their vehicles, but everyone else is vilified for leaving a weapon in a vehicle overnight!!!! Sorry, I see too many cop cars broken into many, many times!!!!! Happens more often than get's reported to the public! Thieves have a chance with joe blow vehicle. But they know without a doubt they are getting a weapon in a LEO vehicle most of the time. Risk vs reward!!!!
    They should at least have an alarm on the car and motion sensors about the parking place if the car is not garaged. Lately one of my bulldogs has been sleeping at night under my vehicles, but I still do not feel good on the few occasions that I leave guns in the cars overnight. My drive way has an always locked gate and from the road the vehicles are not visible. There are normally loosed dogs on the property.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They should at least have an alarm on the car and motion sensors about the parking place if the car is not garaged. Lately one of my bulldogs has been sleeping at night under my vehicles, but I still do not feel good on the few occasions that I leave guns in the cars overnight. My drive way has an always locked gate and from the road the vehicles are not visible. There are normally loosed dogs on the property.

That'st the thing. My driveway and cars are alarmed and on a camera system. Caught one set of thieves already with the camera system and Facebook. But everyone always jumps on folks for leaving firearms in their vehicles. People treat others that leave their own property in their own vehicle like criminals and I have heard others say that there should be a fine for leaving a firearm in a vehicle etc... Blame the victim!!!!! Well, it's almost a guarantee that a firearm is in a LEO vehicle. Blows my mind that policy is to not take them inside with them when home!

Like I said, I had a friend on the stolen guns division of a local LE office! Most stolen guns come out of vehicles period. And he told me that I'd be surprised how many LE firearms are stolen out of their own vehicles. Just never reported to the public!

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    For those who do not know, the M4 in question was a full-auto model (most likely a M4A1 or a M4 converted to M4A1 specs). It is a department weapon. It was also turned in anonymously. The Sheriff's Department put out a call for anyone having it to turn it in and they would not be arrested or prosecuted. An individual met with a Sheriff's Department official and turned it in. It was wrapped in a trash bag to conceal it. This info was conveyed to me this morning by a Sheriff's Department official in high standing.

Top Bottom