• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Day 1

Seminars were Introduction to PRS Compition and a Precision Reloading seminar...that reloading one opened my eyes a little.

I did finally shoot a 6.5 Creedmoor...5 rounds @ a 1047 yard IPSC target...spotter made a couple of bad wind calls for me... but I managed 3 solid hits when my shooting partner talked in my other ear. It was an MPA rig with Vortex Razor Optics at the Vortex range booth. Scope was a a Razor Gen II 4.5-27X56. They had some pretty good show deals too. Could have picked up that scope for $1,700. With rifle and the brake anybody could shoot that rifle easily. The main thing I was after was trying some of the new chassis out there. MPA got my attention pretty strong. Localish company too and the grip seems like it was made for me.

Also tried a 300 Norma with Leupold Optics at the Leupold range booth @ the 1047 yard IPSC.

Picked up some Area 419 Gear to convert my Manners T2-A to Arcalock along with a mount and Atlas PSR Bipod (legs don't spin) and some Hawk Hill spiked feet. I am running 2 different types of Harris Bipods now. This should allow me to make a spigot type mount with the 12" rail and get the bipod a little closer to the muzzle for increased stability.

Day 2

Seminars were Position Building taught by Tyler Payne and Wind taught by Emil Praslick. We got a whole nuther prospective on that wind stuff. It was geared to reading wind in MPH rather than MILS or MOA and how to quickly convert it to either and how to more quickly change target distance using the same data quicker. Look him up...think he is with Applied Ballistics, Berger, and Lapua now.
    Tyler Payne and Troy Lawton were also great.

Off to the UKD range...My Shooting Partner and his Gurl Friend...the one we have been teaching...tried their hand at the 1 mile target...he had 5 shots...3 danced on the edges and 2 solid strikes...wind was strong at a tad over 2MILS. She had never attempted anything past 1200 so this was a treat for her/us. The last thing I said to her was it was no different than shooting at 100...we have her calls...if there was an issue it was between her ears...1st round strike...followed up with a shot in the just about the same mark....rifle builder was even impressed with her. Some bonehead with ants in his pants jumped in front of me...I walked away...maybe another time.

If you ever want to see high end equipment this is the place to do it and maybe even use it.

Top Bottom