• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    DRAIN THE SWAMP

Letter to My Boss:

I have enjoyed working here these past several years. You have paid me very well and given me benefits beyond belief. Have 3-4 months off per year and a pension plan that will pay my salary till the day I die and then pay my estate one year salary death bonus and then continue to pay my spouse my salary with increases until he (or she) dies and a health plan that most people can only dream of having i.e. no deductible whatsoever.

Despite this, I plan to take the next 12-18 months to find a new position. During this time I will show up for work when it is convenient for me. In addition, I fully expect to draw my full salary and all the other perks associated with my current job.

Oh yes, if my search for this new job proves fruitless, I will be coming back with no loss in pay or status. Before you say anything, remember that you have no choice in this matter. I can, and I will do this.

Sincerely,
    Every Senator or Congressman running for re-election

Are we stupid or what? They even vote themselves raises!

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes, yes we are stupid; and scared, and defeated, and we have accepted it all as just the way things are. Oh, and we vote for the only name we recognize, or the guy who waves from the bed of his truck on election day, and are surprised when they turn out to be just the type of person who would write such a letter. Rather than demand accountability, we bow our heads, hat in hand, and dare not exhibit any disrespect or even a hint of dissatisfaction.

Last edited:

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Irregardless how bad the politicians are, people keep voting them back into office. Having said that, I sincerely believe that term limits are unconstitutional. Term limits would violate my first amendment right to free speech. No, I am not a politician lol.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    imo, servants to the people are to be picked from the butcher, the baker, the candlestick maker, the citizens, they should do their thing, and go back to the farm..

let another serve, we have term limits on potus, governors, why not congress?

Last edited:

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    imo, servants to the people are to be picked from the butcher, the baker, the candlestick maker, the citizens, they should do their thing, and go back to the farm..

let another serve, we have term limits on potus, governors, why not congress?

While I fully agree with the type of person, the average person cannot afford to buy their way into the campaign, fund the campaign, and take the time of to campaign. In the end, what we get to choose from is who can buy their way in and has the time to do it. Follow the money trail of anyone in office and see. IMO, there ought to be a personal net worth limit that prevents a person from running for/holding office if they exceed it. There should also be a campaign cost limit that prevents "outside influence" from funding the campaign and effectively owning the candidate by doing so. Term limits have a better chance than either of those.........

Top Bottom