• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Several years ago I went to a couple of surplus building material stores in Pensacola, and at least one of them sold cabinets by the pallet. You had to buy the whole pallet, but the prices seemed to be pretty reasonable. The problem is that I can't remember what that place was called. Can anyone help me out? Do you know of any other place that sells cheap white cabinets? I don't want unfinished, but these are going in a gun room so they don't need to be fancy or in perfect condition.

Gentle Wolf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    BMO - Building Materials Outlet.

It used to be in Ellyson Field, but is on Davis across from Home Depot.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    No problem. The last few times I have been in there, there were no "lots" of cabinets available.

Inventory changes often though.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ah. The lots were what I was really hoping for. I just called and they said the only pallets they had currently were all blind corner cabinets, which won't do me a lot of good.

Thanks again for the info!

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Another place in Pcola that sell cabinets below, not sure they will be discounted as much as you would seek:
    https://surplus-warehouse.com/kitchens

For setting up a gun room/reloading room would not a stronger storage be better? Most kitchen cabinets are not designed to hold the weight you will have in bullets, brass, dies and such. Perhaps a more man-cave garage vibe with heavier storage capacity like the below would be more serviceable?
    https://www.lowes.com/pd/Gladiator-...MIjdG0gJyT3QIVk7XACh2TwgGZEAYYCSABEgKGCfD_BwE

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Another place in Pcola that sell cabinets below, not sure they will be discounted as much as you would seek:
    https://surplus-warehouse.com/kitchens

For setting up a gun room/reloading room would not a stronger storage be better? Most kitchen cabinets are not designed to hold the weight you will have in bullets, brass, dies and such. Perhaps a more man-cave garage vibe with heavier storage capacity like the below would be more serviceable?
    https://www.lowes.com/pd/Gladiator-...MIjdG0gJyT3QIVk7XACh2TwgGZEAYYCSABEgKGCfD_BwE

I got a price list from the Surplus Warehouse in Mobile today, and they were a little higher than similar cabinets at Lowes. I've also looked at some of the garage cabinet systems, but I've not been impressed by a lot of the ones I've seen in person. I'll continue to research and see what I can come up with.

My heavy items (bullets, brass, and loaded ammo) are going to be stored on shelves that I build myself, not only for weight, but because the pantry style (tall) cabinets are very expensive and I would need at least 3 of them side by side.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have had my eye on a shelf system at Sam's Club. Think this unit is $149 at my local store. Cut some MDF to go on the metal to keep small item from falling through...should hold about anything. Was thinking bullets and powder myself and primers can go in a cabinet.

Knotnow

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Pensacola Salvage in Milton can order unfinished birch plywood cabinets, made to order - cheap.
    We bought cabinets from them for storage when we built in the back porch and they fit perfectly.
    There was no particle board in them.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Fwiw.

I was looking at cabinets to organize my gun stuff and wanted sliding drawers. Ikea has the cheapest/best options with their closet organizers. That was based of a similar setup with the cheap options from Lowe's and home Depot kitchen cabinets. Pay attention to the weight ratings though. They went together easy and have been great so far.

The edsal/husky shelves that come in the 4 shelf kit from Sam's or home Depot are great. Before they were available in kit form I cut my own shelves instead of using the wire shelving. You can also get pieces/parts for extra shelves or different length shelves

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    20180527_024929.jpg

This is my current setup. I bought the cabinets and top from that building materials outlet for less than $100. They're sturdy enough for everything I do.

Attachments

• 20180527_024929.jpg
      20180527_024929.jpg
      638.9 KB · Views: 152

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Thanks for the help, guys. I modified my design last night and went ahead and ordered the cabinets from Lowes, since I was able to get them for 20% off. I'm going to build the big shelf myself and I haven't decided what I'm going to do for the countertop yet.

NZkUNLu.png

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    View attachment 67162

This is my current setup. I bought the cabinets and top from that building materials outlet for less than $100. They're sturdy enough for everything I do.

I can tell by that photo of Neyland above your monitor that you have great taste. I've got some UT photos and paintings that will be going up in my new room.

Top Bottom