APOD Firearms

Did ERGC get the 40 acres in back of their range?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was just told, but have not yet seen it confirmed that ERGC in Escambia County, FL got the I believe what is called the Estes land of 40 acres that is just in back of their berm. The deal is $175,000 with them putting $75,000 in cash with rest to be held as mortgages by club members, $5,0000 each at 5%.
    Not confirmed yet and I certainly hope it is true.

Photo of 20 acre Range and purchased land behind the firing berm. I do not know the surveyed boundaries. The tax assessors GIS files likely have that info.

ERGC.GIF

Attachments

• ERGC.GIF
      ERGC.GIF
      351.1 KB · Views: 657

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just got an email from ERGC and first part of it reads:
    Great News for the ERGC Range
    We have a verbal agreement to purchase the 40 acres north of our range; and, are just waiting for the Letters of Intent to Purchase to be executed and returned from the Owners! ......................

reel_crazy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    wow!!! what a deal for the estes folks... 37.9 acres of more or less inaccessable land going for 4+k an acre?... the current county assessment is 3961.00 ..

rich

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    wow!!! what a deal for the estes folks... 37.9 acres of more or less inaccessable land going for 4+k an acre?... the current county assessment is 3961.00 ..

rich
    The land was not cheap, but needed for the future of that club. Land prices are not necessarily determined by the county assessment price. I hope that the club can purchase in the future other adjacent parcels at a better price. ERGC unlike many other gun clubs has an impact area that can not readily be turned into residential areas.
    I am capable and willing to purchase a mortgage.
    They might be able to get 600 yards if they move the road to the south.

New range ERGC.GIF

Attachments

• New range ERGC.GIF
      New range ERGC.GIF
      414.1 KB · Views: 579

reel_crazy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The land was not cheap,

Frommer... yeah .. dont get me wrong... i think it is great that they are able to get the land.. a few years ago i was able to get a piece of prop in ala.. 70 acres mostly wooded, 2 ponds, creek, meadow, house, and several old sheds and barn for 150...

just havin a hard time wrapping my head around escambia county florida prices...

rich

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just heard this morning that they have raised the money and now it is a question of getting the paper work filled out and done.

Right now Charlie Miller the club's civil engineer is just talking of a 500 yard range. After the sale is complete all of that can be discussed. There is some potential money to be made from the sale of sand-clay that must be removed to clear the new 40 acres.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    good news... can the timber be sold as well?... your not far from the mill...

rich
    I will have to look or ask since i do not know how mature the timber is. Charley Miller did not mention the timber. He get permits for landfills, has managed them including at one time the perdido landfill, and he also puts out landfill fires. If the timber was worth something he probably would have mentioned it. They are so fortunate to have him and his services. He likely also has the largest gun collection in NWFL. At the last meeting he brought a 4x size cut away teaching model of a 30 cal BMG for a show and tell. Several years ago when I saw his collection there were 100's of smith and wesson revolvers in it and he tells me the collection now is much larger. He never trades; once he buys a gun it is in his collection forever.

Plinker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm not a member but at 5% I might be interested in holding some of this paper.

I’m in on it.
    A few members bought more than one $5000 offering.
    Once a year, two names are to be drawn out of a hat and paid off.

Hoping Charlies contacts to sell the dirt work out and everyone gets paid off quickly and we can get started shooting some distance.
    Exciting times at the ERGC!!

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’m in on it.
    A few members bought more than one $5000 offering.
    Once a year, two names are to be drawn out of a hat and paid off.

Hoping Charlies contacts to sell the dirt work out and everyone gets paid off quickly and we can get started shooting some distance.
    Exciting times at the ERGC!!
    What is more exciting is the future. That is not the only undeveloped land there. It is one of the few areas with a mostly uninhabited impact area that can not be developed for residential housing as I understand it. I hope other entities also buy land and build ranges on that side of the Escambia River basin or on the east side of it.
    I have one of those mortgages also. But I did it to help the club since i am a strong proponent of the 2nd amendment. I am not really a trump or obama supporter, but more of one that agrees with the bill of rights. No government or party can be trusted with absolute power over the people.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The circled area on lower left hand corner is circled where the range is relative to the escambia river wetlands for the western side of the river.
    Inkedescambia RGC.gif

Attachments

• Inkedescambia RGC.gif
      Inkedescambia RGC.gif
      730.7 KB · Views: 435

Plinker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have one of those mortgages also. But I did it to help the club since i am a strong proponent of the 2nd amendment.

Good.
    Very good.
    Pretty sure everyone that chipped in feels the same way.
    The quicker its paid off with sale of dirt, the quicker everone is paid off and less money is spent on interest.
    Money saved on intrest can be spent on more range improvements.
    Just stating the obvious.
    0BC05966-4AEE-4CF6-AF08-1F6EE7CD415A.jpeg

Attachments

• 0BC05966-4AEE-4CF6-AF08-1F6EE7CD415A.jpeg
      0BC05966-4AEE-4CF6-AF08-1F6EE7CD415A.jpeg
      39 KB · Views: 422
    Top Bottom