Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

Did ERGC get the 40 acres in back of their range?

I was just told, but have not yet seen it confirmed that ERGC in Escambia County, FL got the I believe what is called the Estes land of 40 acres that is just in back of their berm. The deal is $175,000 with them putting $75,000 in cash with rest to be held as mortgages by club members, $5,0000 each at 5%.
    Not confirmed yet and I certainly hope it is true.

Photo of 20 acre Range and purchased land behind the firing berm. I do not know the surveyed boundaries. The tax assessors GIS files likely have that info.

Name:  ERGC.GIF
Views: 209
Size:  357.2 KB

I just got an email from ERGC and first part of it reads:
    Great News for the ERGC Range
    We have a verbal agreement to purchase the 40 acres north of our range; and, are just waiting for the Letters of Intent to Purchase to be executed and returned from the Owners! ......................

45 ACP
    Got the same email. Unfortunately, I don't have an extra $5k to put toward the cause. However, I'm hopeful that everything goes smoothly. Would be nice to be able to shoot further than 125 yards there.
    Buy it cheap, stack it deep
    "My lifestyle necessitates an increase in firepower"
    "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." Dean Wormer

45 ACP
    wow!!! what a deal for the estes folks... 37.9 acres of more or less inaccessable land going for 4+k an acre?... the current county assessment is 3961.00 ..

rich

Quote Originally Posted by reel_crazy View Post
    wow!!! what a deal for the estes folks... 37.9 acres of more or less inaccessable land going for 4+k an acre?... the current county assessment is 3961.00 ..

rich
    The land was not cheap, but needed for the future of that club. Land prices are not necessarily determined by the county assessment price. I hope that the club can purchase in the future other adjacent parcels at a better price. ERGC unlike many other gun clubs has an impact area that can not readily be turned into residential areas.
    I am capable and willing to purchase a mortgage.
    They might be able to get 600 yards if they move the road to the south.

Name:  New range ERGC.GIF
Views: 139
Size:  420.5 KB

45 ACP
    The land was not cheap,

Frommer... yeah .. dont get me wrong... i think it is great that they are able to get the land.. a few years ago i was able to get a piece of prop in ala.. 70 acres mostly wooded, 2 ponds, creek, meadow, house, and several old sheds and barn for 150...

just havin a hard time wrapping my head around escambia county florida prices...

rich

I'm not a member but at 5% I might be interested in holding some of this paper.
    Protecting this country and it's communities isn't just the job of soldiers and police, but of every patriot who is capable.

8. 2 Like bohica793's Post:

Hope this works out! Would be nice to shoot out to a further distance there.

45 ACP
    Quote Originally Posted by bohica793 View Post
    I'm not a member but at 5% I might be interested in holding some of this paper.
    Me Too.

11. Likes rockb's Post:

45 ACP
    Quote Originally Posted by BSmitty View Post
    Hope this works out! Would be nice to shoot out to a further distance there.
    Yeah. Set up some permanent steel gongs at 300, 400, 500, and 600.