• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    the fairgrounds class covers everything in house. Seems I get stuck working every weekend they are in town. My work schedule pretty much prevents doing anything during bankers hours. Are their any other classes that offer this in the area?

nitro

Tired and retired.
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I'd contact JJ (oneshot) on the forum. He's pretty flexible on his classes.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Not sure what is covered by "everything" but if you're serious about it, it would probably be worth your time to contact oneshot(JJ). His class is a step above.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Does he do the finger printing and photos?

Guessing no. If you just want the check in the block, wait for the next gun show. If you are interested in learning something and actually doing some shooting, JJ is the one to talk to. Sheriff's office will do fingerprints, any CVS/Walgreens will take photos. Some of the satellite sheriff's offices will do prints for free.... So I hear.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Guessing no. If you just want the check in the block, wait for the next gun show. If you are interested in learning something and actually doing some shooting, JJ is the one to talk to. Sheriff's office will do fingerprints, any CVS/Walgreens will take photos. Some of the satellite sheriff's offices will do prints for free.... So I hear.

Ok cool. I'll have to look into it deeper. I was thinking multiple trips to multiple locations. I do want to take an in depth class. Always good to learn. Just been trying to get my permit for a year now and it's just not lining up for me. Figured the fairgrounds would be good to get legal time wise. Sunday 2pm class would normally work for me. Had plans to do it today and work didn't cooperate. Missed just by a few minutes.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Do not forget that at least one of the moderators if not more here do give classes. I am not sure if they do CCW, but I know of at least one that can do a whole lot more.

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    There is really no such thing as a one stop shop for a ccw. best you can do is a 2 stop. Take a class and then go to tax colt. office or fort Walton they will do the forms finger print and pict. and send it off. and you have a better chance of it being right Just my 5 cents jj

forgot it is cheaper In the long run.

Last edited:

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    if you have a DD-214, you can take that to the Tax office, they do it all, no class, but your done in about 20 minutes. abut 3 weeks later you have your card in the mail.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You can also take the Hunter's Safety Course online, for much of the classroom info.

pilotpop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We at NorthWest Florida Training Academy, teach all the time, all classes are CERTIFIED NRA classes. We also have a private range so you don't have to deal with unsafe shooters beside you..

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    JJ and then make an appointment with the tax collector or area office to do finger printing and submit paperwork.

Please do not take the simple class offered by the gun shows! Even if you don't think you need to learn something, you do! Everyone can learn something and JJ is a great teacher!

Top Bottom