• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    My hunting club had a preseason meeting this past Friday PM. We were notified that the land management company (RMS) that manages the land for the owner (IP) has mandated that the hunting clubs join,and continiously be a member of,QDMA (Quality Deer Management Association).
    RMS has required that the clubs have a active member for every 200A of leased property. My club has 5200A+. But the president of our club had deceided that ALL club members will join QDMA. The cost per member is $15. per year.
    The price is no big deal,however along with membership in QDMA comes other rules and regs. We will be mandated to take the jawbone of the deer we kill. The club will have to send them off to QDMA somehow. Club members will only be allowed to shoot "older" deer. Our club already has a 6pt,11" inside spread rule.
    I would assume the QDMA people will be on the club trying to tell us how to plant,what to feed and how to fertilize,also how to set up feeders,and most likely more deer kill restrictions. We are already limited to one doe per year.
    I am sure that QDMA is a great organization . . . however I do not like the fact that they are being force fed to the hunting clubs managed by RMS. I am quite sure that what QDMA comes up with,RMS will make the clubs go along with . . . or else.
    More rules,more regs,added to what exists already. Maybe time to find my own property. --- SAWMAN

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Does RMS still require you to send in a copy of your club rules each renewal? I don't know how your 6 pt 11" compares to to other surrounding clubs. Also don't know what your buck to doe ratio is on your 5200 A. Are the deer at you place the smaller coastal type deer? How is what you are doing differ from what QDMA recommends for your area?

The last property I leased RMS was the management company. I stopped because of some pretty significant rule changes.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    QDMA is okay with taking a spike. Just depends on the particular area and the deer abundance. I think the State should have to be QDMA on All MWA's too. As it is now, you'll get a ticket if you plant a food plot in a WMA, or get caught hunting over one that somebody else planted.

Top Bottom