• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DGladden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Most shops offer Lay-a-Way. That usually includes used inventory as well. I highly doubt you will find a private individual willing to take payments on a firearm from a complete stranger. No offence intended.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

CaddyMan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Most shops offer Lay-a-Way. That usually includes used inventory as well. I highly doubt you will find a private individual willing to take payments on a firearm from a complete stranger. No offence intended.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

What he said^^^^^^

I've lay-a-wayed a few in my day.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Soooooo . . . . you talkin' . . . I keep the pistol,you pay the payments,I give you signed receipt for the payments,when you have paid the FULL AMOUNT,you take possession of the weapon ???
    Is this the "deal" you are looking for ??? ---- SAWMAN

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I'll do lay away. Free shipping and no sales tax to your FFL.

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looking to buy a pistol, is anybody willing to take monthly payments on one?

There's a few shops around town and on-line that will do lay-a-way. But NEVER expect an individual to do that. The one that agrees to it is looking to rip you off.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    in all seriousness, if you have to buy a gun in an incremental way, have the discipline to put the money in a sock til you have the full amount, then go buy the gun. then, if a problem aises, you absolutely need that money, you have it still

just my opinion, your mileage may vary

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had a wild dog flash back reading the OP. Some things just come across a bit strange. I'd rather have a novice request then a troll fishing.
    Waiting on OPs response.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Need to check out cash America pawn. They are having a gun sale sept 7th. 10 percent off New guns. 20% off used guns. At least the Pensacola stores are. Put on lay a way from free til Dec 7th.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the Sale Warning :)
    I've got one on layaway there at the moment...

Usually their layaway's are time-driven.
    $100-300 are 90 days time layaway limit,
    $301-600 are 120 days layaway limit,
    $601-1000 are 150 days layaway limit ;)

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Thanks for the Sale Warning :)
    I've got one on layaway there at the moment...

Usually their layaway's are time-driven.
    $100-300 are 90 days time layaway limit,
    $301-600 are 120 days layaway limit,
    $601-1000 are 150 days layaway limit ;)

This sale I think it's any price. Layaway Sept 7th pick up Dec 7th. Having another sale in December bso they want you to come back in and buy something else there is no cash and carry on the sale prices but there is no fee for the layaway either

tritonboy2001

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    First he cannot buy a pistol in Florida, his location says he is in Mobile. Also, Im sure he doesn't want to pay or can't pay the FFL transfer fee. Finally, what kind of sale is it if u cannot pay with cash during the sale and leave with your item the same day??

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    First he cannot buy a pistol in Florida, his location says he is in Mobile. Also, Im sure he doesn't want to pay or can't pay the FFL transfer fee. Finally, what kind of sale is it if u cannot pay with cash during the sale and leave with your item the same day??

We have Members from Alabama, some sell firearms on occasion. OP has a couple Posts including a firearm for sale. "That kind of Sale" is called a Lay-Away though its fairly common with retailers I've never see it done on a private firearm sale transaction. The Lay-Away does have the advantage of freezing the current sale price and item. It may cost more or not be available at a later date when he has saved the amount needed. Its not a common private firearms transaction but OP can ask.

I'm never in a rush to sell or hard up for cash. I wouldn't have any problem selling a firearm to someone who provided a good deposit and the full payment in XX days. I wouldn't let a full payment offer bump it either. Deposit would be no refundable and forfeit if transaction was not paid/completed by the end date. I keep the firearm while waiting for final payment and I'm not driving to make the deal either. Proper depost receipt listing whats paid and whats due and when is pretty simple.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0

Not sure who you're directing the post to, but there are cash America pawns in mobile. All over the southeast really. And as far as layaway, if your tight on cash you have to suffice, or play by their policy. Say it's 480. The special is 350. That's a big discount if you don't need to walk away with it, or you can buy and flip it at a later date. If it's cash and carry, pay the Piper lol

tritonboy2001

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not sure who you're directing the post to, but there are cash America pawns in mobile. All over the southeast really. And as far as layaway, if your tight on cash you have to suffice, or play by their policy. Say it's 480. The special is 350. That's a big discount if you don't need to walk away with it, or you can buy and flip it at a later date. If it's cash and carry, pay the Piper lol

I was just informing him (person asking for payment plan), didn't want him to be confused or misunderstand, don't know his experience in purchasing a pistol, etc.. Next, is the sale really worth it, if you have to place the gun on layaway for 3 months or more, and each month take the time to drive to the pawn shop, make the payment, etc. I guess you have to ask yourself, if saving a little bit of money on a gun (varies by purchase price), if that is really worth the time you are spending driving back and forth each month, plus the gas? I guess if you lived close or were saving $300 or more, or a very rare firearm it could be worth it, but each person is different, I value my time more than saving a few dollars on a sale like that. Lets face it, its not really a sale, its a sales gimmick to get the person back in the store over and over, and to me that isn't worth wasting my time (me personally). Hope you find a good deal if you choose to go that route.

Top Bottom