• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kubasaki

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I heard a Pensacola man on the Dave Ramsey show yesterday or the day before about his debt free journey. One of the things that he did was sell off his gun collection. I was just wondering if it was any of the members on the GCGF. Good for him and his family, now he can build it back up, debt free.

Jason

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I invested in much of my collection for just that purpose. At some point I'll be too old to enjoy them and through the years I've made some pretty good buys on old S&W revolvers and various makers 1911s. I've sold a few off when I wanted to fund a large project and always doubled my money. A person isn't going to end up debt free selling their Glock and PSA AR15 collection, but you can do pretty well if you watch what you buy and don't overpay buying the story and not the gun.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dave Ramsey is interesting but life is too short to strictly adhere to his principles.
    Ya gotta live a little too.

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Some of his advise needs to be taken with a grain of salt as well. Nothing wrong with credit cards as they provide consumer protection and a buffer between your bank account and fraud. Saying that credit cards are always bad and no one should have them because some use them irresponsibly is ridiculous. If someone said the same of guns he would flip out!

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom