HD Tactical

Where to live in 850 and shoot guns in the backyard?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Screenshot_2018-07-28-22-34-49.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-07-28-22-34-49.jpg
      Screenshot_2018-07-28-22-34-49.jpg
      81.5 KB · Views: 182

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Escambia County seems to be the most liberal:

Screenshot_2018-08-25-20-39-35.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-08-25-20-39-35.jpg
      Screenshot_2018-08-25-20-39-35.jpg
      86.2 KB · Views: 179

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am enjoying this thread.
    Currently researching to move out of Clearwater/Largo Pinellas County to the Panhandle.
    This area is becoming too urban, too crowded, too regulated and I never get to shoot anymore - it is not fun nor cheap to go to an indoor gun range.

I have found Walton County to have the cheapest property taxes of the Panhandle with the greates number of Trump votes. ( Also why I want to abort Pinellas County: it was 50/50 for the evil Witch )

I am looking at 3-5 acres. Saw some good prices for undeveloped land between Crestview and Ponce de Leon.
    Ecambia property taxes were a bit higher but the price of land was cheaper at a superficial glance.

Finding work will also be a factor.
    The job market here is saturated and preference is given to minorities regardles of qualification, aka, the equal oportunity that isn't equal.

Veterans also get preference, due to the tax kickback a biz receives for hiring, training, and maintaining Vets.
    Little known bonus...but it's there.

Also, if you do a DNA kit, quite often you can put yourself into the OTHER category, or Mixed Race.
    I'm part Creek Tribe, so I get the Injun and Veteran bonuses :D
    Ancestry.com DNA kit also helps with finding lost relatives, or suspected kids you may have
    accidently had over the years ;)

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Veterans also get preference, due to the tax kickback a biz receives for hiring, training, and maintaining Vets.
    Little known bonus...but it's there.

Also, if you do a DNA kit, quite often you can put yourself into the OTHER category, or Mixed Race.
    I'm part Creek Tribe, so I get the Injun and Veteran bonuses :D
    Ancestry.com DNA kit also helps with finding lost relatives, or suspected kids you may have
    accidently had over the years ;)
    Like to more on getting oneself classed into another race. I guess certain racial classifications are better than others. Having asian ancestors would not be as good as having black or native american ancestors for getting financial benefits. Might be worth its own thread.

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I'm full blooded German. What free shit do it get that is "owed" to me.
    Can any race flop down the race card or is that reserved for only one race ?? --- SAWMAN

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Can any race flop down the race card or is that reserved for only one race ?? --- SAWMAN

germany is busy giving all your free stuff to the muzzies...so they won't rape all the good looking blonde german girls

more than once that is..

Sporter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Like to more on getting oneself classed into another race. I guess certain racial classifications are better than others. Having asian ancestors would be as good as having black or native american ancestors for getting financial benefits. Might be worth its own thread.

My wife is from South Korea. Our son claimed Asian, our daughter claimed Caucasian. Didn't help either one in college. Claiming Asian gets you nothing over claiming white. The ultimate minority is being American Indian. If you can get a tribal leader to sign a document that you're at least 1/16th AI, you're golden. I meet that criteria but it involves two tribes, 1/32nd each. Gotta be 1/16th of a single tribe or they won't help. Guess we just have to earn our money/respect the old fashion way.

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Interesting replies and yes, could be its own thread.
    The problem complexifies when one is already minority from being female and 5 different races BUT does not play into the liberal hierarchy of victimization.

They can SMELL a Trump voter and suddenly all you minority cards are void just like that!

I would like to buy land to shoot in my back yard but husband and I enjoy surfing, surfski, paddling in the Gulf.

I have heard that Emerald Coast is refered as Red Neck Riviera.

What does that mean?

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    my read of it:

the emerald coast is about as close to the real French Riviera that any self respecting redneck would want to be...and better in a rednecks opinion anyway...

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Interesting replies and yes, could be its own thread.
    The problem complexifies when one is already minority from being female and 5 different races BUT does not play into the liberal hierarchy of victimization.

They can SMELL a Trump voter and suddenly all you minority cards are void just like that!

I have heard that Emerald Coast is refered as Red Neck Riviera.

What does that mean?
    I guess you need to go to the florabama and have a good time https://www.florabama.com/

It is changing as more people find out that the 'best' beaches in country are in this area and used to be not be that crowded. It is a good vacation spot and at one time not too expansive. The people in Near by Alabama, FL, Georgia, Mississippi often vacation here. So this is where the red necks come to and is their riviera.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why the Redneck Riviera Is an American Paradise

More

You’ve been to Malibu, South Beach, and the Hamptons; to Cannon Beach, the Outer Banks, and the Jersey Shore, and you think you know a thing or two about beaches in this great country, right? Think again, amigo.
    Why the Redneck Riviera Is an American Paradise
    If you’ve never traveled the approximately 100 miles of glorious American coastline between Alabama and Florida known variously as the “Emerald Coast” and, more colloquially, the “Redneck Riviera,” then brother (or sister), you are in serious need of some beach schoolin’. There’s not a place like it in the damned world, and you’d be a fool to miss out on her myriad (often bizarre) pleasures, sights, sounds, and food. Here’s what makes the Florida Panhandle and LA (Lower Alabama) so spectacular.
    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/thrillist/why-the-redneck-riviera-i_b_9167956.html

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sounds good!

It's a 6 hour drive for us to visit and now I am intrigued enough to investigate further.
    I watched a video of Laguna Beach and seemed very attractive!
    The rent 200ft away from the beach there was the same as the rent in a manufactured home in a trailer park here in industrial Ulmerton Rd, Largo - where somebody just got murdered across the street last week.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    54-3 basically you can’t launch projectiles of any kind, inside the incorporated city, unless in defense.
    Id need to look further into this bill you mention, but from skimming, I gather that zoning restrictions could serve as loose guidelines.

No city or county or other government can make any rules other than what the state of FL has on the books regarding the use and discharge of firearms. It's called pre-emption laws and there's not a thing a city or other government official can do about it unless those laws are changed.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I guess you need to go to the florabama and have a good time https://www.florabama.com/

It is changing as more people find out that the 'best' beaches in country are in this area and used to be not be that crowded. It is a good vacation spot and at one time not too expansive. The people in Near by Alabama, FL, Georgia, Mississippi often vacation here. So this is where the red necks come to and is their riviera.

The FloraBama used to be the world's only 5-star honky tonk. It ain't what it used to be but it's still fun.

m4a1sof

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I live in the middle of 110 acres of wooded land. I still rarely shoot unsuppressed outside simply out of consideration of the few neighbors I do have. To me it's analogous to the person in front of you on an airliner putting there seat back. I typically shoot, and hunt for that matter, from inside my house with a suppressor. Here is my target/deer stand in my sunroom (note PVC tube corn feeder). I took the suppressor off for the photo, but I usually always use one.

Attachments

• sunroom.jpg
      sunroom.jpg
      905.1 KB · Views: 145

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I live in the middle of 110 acres of wooded land. I still rarely shoot unsuppressed outside simply out of consideration of the few neighbors I do have. To me it's analogous to the person in front of you on an airliner putting there seat back. I typically shoot, and hunt for that matter, from inside my house with a suppressor. Here is my target/deer stand in my sunroom (note PVC tube corn feeder). I took the suppressor off for the photo, but I usually always use one.

Is your land zoned residential, agricultural or hunting, undeveloped?

In looking at the various land for sale I see these qualifications and sometimes 3 of them for the same property.

I was assuming the zoning mattered when it came to beeing able to shoot in one's own property.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

You are officially my hero now, hope you don't mind lol. I live in the middle of my 5 and do the same with my 20ga but would love to have a bigger buffer.

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

If I were you and I had the skills I would apply for a job at my favorite German gun manufacturer now in GA:

https://www.tactical-life.com/firearms/rifles/heckler-koch-mr762a1-rifle/

You are not entitled to a job there but if you speak German you may have an advantage.

I would work as a cleaner if it meant I could get discounts on their firearms. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom