• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have mentioned building a reloading room and have posted a couple of pictures and thought I would share some more. This project has taken me a little over a year working on the weekends when time was available. I think I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Had the slab poured and stood up the walls.

2 Walls.JPG

Set the trusses and put the sheeting on.

1105.jpg

Wrapped it and put on a metal roof.

IMG_1871.jpg

Showed the picks with the LED lights installed and interior almost complete. I need to install the attic insulation, the A/C, and a few finishing touches. Then I can start on the work areas.

I started putting the siding up this weekend and that seems to be going well. Got the back wall finished and started on one of the gable ends.

North (2).jpg

West.jpg

Attachments

• 2 Walls.JPG
      2 Walls.JPG
      40.6 KB · Views: 431
    • 1105.jpg
      1105.jpg
      91.1 KB · Views: 433
    • IMG_1871.jpg
      IMG_1871.jpg
      82.6 KB · Views: 430
    • North (2).jpg
      North (2).jpg
      59 KB · Views: 432
    • West.jpg
      West.jpg
      81.2 KB · Views: 431

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    :smile: I have CDO on many things. Says "Made in the USA" wouldn't that be like flying your flag upside down?

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Strong Push the past two days
    Finished up the one I started in the last post
    Also got the other gable end done
    and stopped on the front to finish up finish trim before that last run of Hardie

not sure why those last two turned on me.

Attachments

• 92west.jpg
      92west.jpg
      83.4 KB · Views: 335
    • 93E.jpg
      93E.jpg
      57.7 KB · Views: 340
    • 92F.jpg
      92F.jpg
      55.7 KB · Views: 353
    Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Heck of a project and looks to be a great job...you will appreciate it even more when done!

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Heck of a project and looks to be a great job...you will appreciate it even more when done!

Thanks! A builder I am not. This weekend will mark the 1 year mark from when I swung the trusses up. It has 9' ceilings and pretty much the entire top is storage. I floored the 5.5' in the center of the trusses. There are even lights there too.

What will you name your armory building? I wish I had one.

right now only a "B" word comes to mind...but as things settle I'm sure it will change. Maybe I'll even take suggestions to paint over the door.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    That really looks great! I thought I had it made because I have a spare bedroom for a reloading room. :embarassed:

part of mine is in one of mine (climate controlled area) then a small work area on a 4' tabletop in the garage.
    Front.jpg
    It is a struggle now.
    In the new place there will be a work area for the Dillon and MEC (top shelf in the red) then another for the Rockchucker and Co-Ax on quick change tops from In-Line Fabrication. And an 8' Table with other accoutrements, swagger and the likes. Wish I was as good as TeenJeep about getting it on paper and out of my mind.

Attachments

• Front.jpg
      Front.jpg
      490.2 KB · Views: 330
    Last edited:

FelixH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nice! It definitely takes a while when you have a day job. It took us 3 months of weekends to build our little 12x14 shed.
    I tried to buy one from that place on 29, but they don't return phone calls. I ended up saving about $1000 and getting a nicer shed by building it.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nice! It definitely takes a while when you have a day job. It took us 3 months of weekends to build our little 12x14 shed.
    I tried to buy one from that place on 29, but they don't return phone calls. I ended up saving about $1000 and getting a nicer shed by building it.
    Plan to look into the used shipping containers. One needs to build a roof over them like many do with mobile homes and if ammunition and powder is stored in them some sort of temperature control is needed. A small AC unit run at its warmer settings. Need to keep the internal temperature less than say 88 F for storage. Temps in the 120's are not good for ammo and components. One can tie them down for high winds and add windows.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "part of mine is in one of mine (climate controlled area) then a small work area on a 4' tabletop in the garage."
    Jester, my little work area looks identical to yours! I guess they all look about the same.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Shipping containers are a great buy now. Hell, folks are even building houses out of them. But as Frommer said you must have climate control because when the humidity we have here condenses in one everything will rust up in a real hurry. I learned the hard way.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I've seen some nice Conex boxes..spray foam insulation may be a good friend for one of those

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sounds like a good idea, I've used that foam they call "Great Stuff" in small holes and it seems pretty tough. I also like the containers as you can cut and weld on them. And I'm much better at that than pounding nails.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    well it looks like I have picked the coldest week this year to install the A/C. All is complete,,, waiting for the A/C guy to come Thursday.
    Got half the floor sealed on days it was warm enough...as soon as the unit is in I can turn the heat on and finish the other side if necessary. Then build tables and shelving...just might get done before winter is over and just in time to paint the outside.
    Was looking for a part that fell inside in the closet I use for storage...man...I might have more powder than I know I got

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Got the floors sealed...man that stuff is slick as Owl Shit.

A/C guy couldn't shorten the lines so I buried them and hooked everything up today...WE GOT HEAT

Attachments

• IMG_2301.jpg
      IMG_2301.jpg
      100.5 KB · Views: 185
    Last edited:

olecarver

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks! A builder I am not. This weekend will mark the 1 year mark from when I swung the trusses up. It has 9' ceilings and pretty much the entire top is storage. I floored the 5.5' in the center of the trusses. There are even lights there too.

right now only a "B" word comes to mind...but as things settle I'm sure it will change. Maybe I'll even take suggestions to paint over the door.

You meant 3 B words,,,,,Beautifully Built Barn...………. Looks superb.... Pure envy.....olecarver

Top Bottom