• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeulahBo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Beware of Wimbledon. I called him and asked if the pistol was still available and he said it was so we agreed to the deal and also the time and place. He then called later that afternoon to say he was called into work that afternoon so that we would have to reschedule out meetup. But apparently, when he was telling me that we would meet later, he sold the gun to someone else. Beware of dealing with Wimbledon.

https://www.gulfcoastgunforum.com/showthread.php?48071-Gen-5-Glock-19-Pensacola

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sounds like someone offered a few more bucks than you and he was willing to let that extra bit o $$ give him a bad rep. Or maybe he got a sweet trade offer for one of Andre Agassi's headbands. Or maybe he is just impatient. Or maybe he is just a liar. Who knows . Who cares. Will be back in pcola area soon and will add him/her to the list of scroats not to do biz with. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

guns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Good morning. This was my first transaction with Wimbledon so I have no reason to "defend" him. But like donr101395 said, "All a man has is his reputation". Here is the timeline of my communications with Wimbledon (all via GCGF PM):

11:57 - I PM him saying that "I will take it" (his asking price, nothing more) and asked for pics and if this a MOS model
    11:57 - Wimbledon responded and said not MOS model and pic was uploaded (I didn't see it on my computer initially)
    <<several other PMs asking him where he was and letting him know where I am>>
    12:14 - I asked to meet in GB since I was coming from FWB
    12:16 - He agreed to meet me in GB

We met later that afternoon in GB and completed the exchange. I would have been super annoyed if he have sold it to someone else, as it seems from the thread, I was the first to contacted him and offered to take it at the asking price. I don't know what happened with BeulahBo's conversation with him--maybe he didn't realized that he was dealing with two different potential buyers or he was lining up a second buyer in case the deal fall through. I do agree with BeulahBo that Wimbledon should have contacted him back as soon as he knew it was "taken" so BeulahBo, or anyone else for that matter, doesn't waste their time putting the money together as that happened to me a couple of times as well (unfortunately, not through GCGF where I can leave a review).

Last edited:

BeulahBo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for telling us your part of this transaction, guns. And to add to the timeline, I called him at 12:24 and he told me the gun was available and we agreed to meet that evening at my house. I said I would post to say I would take it and he said he would mark it as pending so I posted at 12:27. I think it’s pretty clear he knew he was double dealing. I’m glad you were able to get the gun.

Top Bottom