• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hummm. No expert but I'm thinking there's is more to this story. These things are designed to take much more pressure than they are rated for and it's likely we will never know what really happened?
    A full of load of powder intended for pistol can make extremely high pressures. I am surprised at how the bolt failed. I could better understand if the bolt lugs sheared, but it looked like the bolt actually split down the middle.
    Once again take a look at the bolt below. The pressure must have caused a complete case head failure to do that and also at extremely high pressure. No report on the metallurgy involved.
    AR explo.jpg

Attachments

• AR explo.jpg
      AR explo.jpg
      87.3 KB · Views: 147
    Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Improper charge quantity or type powder cartridges problems are not restricted to reloaded/remanfactured ammo. The major manufacturers screw up too and there have been a lot of recalls over the years.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Improper charge quantity or type powder cartridges problems are not restricted to reloaded/remanfactured ammo. The major manufacturers screw up too and there have been a lot of recalls over the years.

Had just about the opposite happen
    Buck stepped out into a fire lane and I just knew he was going home with me. He was about 50’ away when I pulled the trigger on my 12 gauge with 3” Federal 00 buckshot. The buckshot barely rolled out of the barrel and the buck was gone into the forest.
    So yeah even the big name manufacturer can screw up. That box of buckshot was brand new and I haven’t bought Federal shotgun Ammo since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Has not to my knowledge happened in recent years, but there is I guess what is now folklore about .38 spl wad cutter factory loads getting like triple charges and doing in a revolver.

Top Bottom