• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If there is no " Military Specification" there is no manufacturing Standard. Though the Gov has solicited for and bought AR-10 type firearms, these are basically off the shelf or purpose built to fill a contract/purchase order. I think all AR-10s should be considered as Mfg proprietary but they will often have some parts compatibility. Since the basic AR-10 has been around since 1956, patents have expired, varing degree of copy/clones continue hit the market. Even some AR-15 have the same issues, nothing says mfgs must follow an existing MilSpec for a non-gov product. Some think a MilSpec is top of the line, to others its only the minimum allowable standard.

With the way firearm companies change ownership, management, locations and workers and quality, its difficult to say its even the same product. Several big recognizable firearm brand name products only connection is the purchased name nights.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Whats your take on Armalite? Just as good as the next, or do you think the dpms is still the best in AR10's. Not referring to the high $$$ manufacturers, but rather the craftsmanship of the armalite, dpms, aero precision, etc. AR-10, PA-10, etc. thanks

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    not sure who you're asking,but I dont have high dollar anything in my gun line. but they all go bang, and hit what I want to hit. I have a DPMS and a S&W AR 10, however I feel once S&W fixes the one I sent back, it will be fine, and do what I want it to do...

Armalite will do what its designed to do I would figure.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Doesn't matter who replies, but looking for "hands-on" replies. As in, I have this..... and it is this..... And thats what I'm trying to avoid, such as your S/W ar10, having to send it back for repair. Is your dpms an ar10? Any problems?

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've had a DPMS .308 AR rifle since they came out with their .308 AR platform almost. It's been a great rifle!!!!! And everything I have heard about any changes they have made since I purchased mine is that it's only improved it!

I have a DPMS LR308 Oracle model.

The day after it came home many many years ago!

It now resides as my kiddos hunting rifle with a digital day/night time scope that pulls double duty as my night time hog hunter.

Attachments

• 325075_697089744902_1579684116_o.jpg
      325075_697089744902_1579684116_o.jpg
      268.6 KB · Views: 104
    Last edited:

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yeah, I wish. If cost was no object, then yes, I'd have 4 or 5 of those, lol. But since it is, I'm inquiring only of the lower class of AR10's. dpms, armalite, aero precision

Latest posts

Top Bottom