DK Firearms

Howa 1500 in 308, Archangel Stock, 4-16x50 Scope, 20" Threaded Barrel, Hard Case, etc

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

bamachem

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Item: Howa 1500 Archangel Package in 308 with Nikko Sterling Diamond 4-16x50 Scope, Case, Ammo, etc

Contact Info: bamachem@yahoo.com or 251-300-9055

Price: $1200 obo, open to partial trades
    or $900 if you don't want the scope, rings, and bases.

Item Description: Better than new. This is a Howa 1500 Action with 20" Extra-Heavy threaded barrel in 308 with Archangel Stock. It has Leupold 30MM Rings and a Nikko Sterling Diamond 4-16x50 Long-Range Target Scope (seriously, more on the scope later). It has a Magpul Sling, Ammo, Plano Hard Case, etc. This action/barrel/scope has been painted a kakhi/FDE and the stock is a Ghosted Kryptek pattern. The paint can be removed (high-performance enamel, not cerakote, etc)back to original black finish if the next owner wants it stripped off. (Muzzle Device NOT Included - standard thread protector included)

The stock has a 10-rd detachable steel magazine, built-in bipod in the forearm, adjustable comb/cheek rest, and adjustable draw length. This stock alone sells for over $250.

Now to the scope. I originally put my Zeiss Conquest 4-14x50 on this gun for a while and liked it. However, the Nikko Sterling Diamond scope kept intriguing me so I decided to give it a try. I liked it so much that I sold my Zeiss and use this scope exclusively now. It has a thin reticle (see pics) for precision hold, target turrets, fully adjustable ocular lens, and has lighted reticle. I'll include a link to a review on the scope. It's a great value at the $350 price-point.

Here's a review on that scope:
    rangehot.com/nikko-stirling-4-16x50-diamond-long-range-rifle-scope/

Here's a breakdown of the pricing @ new:
    $600 = Howa 1500 20" Heavy Barrel (standard stock)
    $350 = Nikko Sterling 4-16x50 Long Range Scope
    $250 = Archangel Stock with 10-rd Detachable Mag
    $80 = Leupold 30MM Rings
    $80 = Plano Tactical 42" All-Weather Gun Case
    $80 = Magpul Sling with QD Swivels
    $80 = Remaining Hornady Superformance Ammo

$1520 = Total, plus custom paint job

Pics:

hpWKeB3.jpg
    Zb4dNTi.jpg
    KxIUb2O.jpg
    rccFnUq.jpg
    cjRZdb2.jpg
    3JmaRYm.jpg
    NWuA8B3.jpg
    o4boIdj.jpg
    uQNCNzl.jpg
    WQrI9Fk.jpg
    G1NygzS.jpg

So you may ask, how does it perform. With the Hornady Superformance Ammo, it will stack 5 rounds in a single ragged hole at 100-yards. After that grouping, I dialed the scope over to zero and did a single round to test. No need to hand load when it will do that on box ammo.

See following two pics:

dxJhO6j.jpg
    Lbr8fKm.jpg
    LEA4HoY.jpg

Last edited:

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    help with a bump..any idea how heavy the rig is? Any trades/trades plus cash you'd be interested in?

bamachem

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll get a weight and post it up if I get a chance, but it's HEAVY. Definitely one you don't want to stalk hunt with. However, the weight is what makes it such a great shooter. Very little recoil at all and essentially no barrel whip. I would have to guess it's in the 12lb range, but that's a guess.

It's currently listed on gunbroker and has one bid if you want to try your luck there.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Members online

Top Bottom