Patriot Mobile

The Malinois quite a dog, but not what I decided on.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Controlling a dog that is being trained to attack is essential. Fact is some dogs are not suitable for such training. Some dogs are just not suitable to be pets either. The owner or trainer of course has a role in how the dog turns out. But just like some people, some dogs are not redeemable.
    The breed i use is very submissive to the owner and members of the house hold. I will put in the way one of group members said it was with his family in Texas that had an exceptional family line of bulldogs. If the dog did not measure up it got buried behind the barn. A big thing in producing good dogs is culling. Now days neutering might be enough. I just would not put up with my dog biting me or my guests. A dog is a companion, guardian, but it must measure up. My dogs came from far away showing that I valued them highly. When I had a few pups, one fellow drove in from Nashville and another came from south Texas. The owner of the stud came in from Georgia
    Point is there are too many poorly bred dogs that are capable of doing great harm. A dog that goes after a young child needs to be put down ASAP. It is not uncommon for many of the so called protective breeds to go after family members.

tfl

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Controlling a dog that is being trained to attack is essential. Fact is some dogs are not suitable for such training. Some dogs are just not suitable to be pets either. The owner or trainer of course has a role in how the dog turns out. But just like some people, some dogs are not redeemable.
    The breed i use is very submissive to the owner and members of the house hold. I will put in the way one of group members said it was with his family in Texas that had an exceptional family line of bulldogs. If the dog did not measure up it got buried behind the barn. A big thing in producing good dogs is culling. Now days neutering might be enough. I just would not put up with my dog biting me or my guests. A dog is a companion, guardian, but it must measure up. My dogs came from far away showing that I valued them highly. When I had a few pups, one fellow drove in from Nashville and another came from south Texas. The owner of the stud came in from Georgia
    Point is there are too many poorly bred dogs that are capable of doing great harm. A dog that goes after a young child needs to be put down ASAP. It is not uncommon for many of the so called protective breeds to go after family members.

I agree! I have put a few down for the same reasons! Rather protect my family, and others than have a dog go rampant!

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I agree! I have put a few down for the same reasons! Rather protect my family, and others than have a dog go rampant!
    I friend of mine once got real shocked when someone did this. She was cutting up some liver to feed some freshwater shrimp she and JD were raising together. JD had Maggy a pit. Maggy wanted some of the liver when my friend did not give her any she growled. Next day my friend showed to help and asked JD where was Maggy. As soon as you left I took her out in back and shot her. She knew you and yet she growled at you. I can't have that in a dog. There are children and other relatives, friends that come by here.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I am claiming BS since you made the comments of: "Yeah: using a leash to angrily choke a dog unconscious is animal abuse. That handler shouldn't be allowed around MWD's.
    The fact that the MWD "turned on him" is more a comment about the handler, than any judgement on the dog." Seems like to me you know it all and have already passed judgement one way or the other. My guess is that you are full of it dont have a clue. How many dogs have you raised in your life time? Tell you what, I got you figured out already so dont bother responding! ;)

Dude. Relax. I'm trying to keep the thread on-topic. Your "I got you figured out already so don't bother responding!" attitude isn't productive.

That handler could've prevented the situation or resolved it better. Period.

Regardless, it's obvious that no matter what I type, you wouldn't believe it. My resume' of K9 handling and experience will remain mine to cherish.

Humanely euthanize your animals as you and your veterinarian see fit.

Welcome to the Forum.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I friend of mine once got real shocked when someone did this. She was cutting up some liver to feed some freshwater shrimp she and JD were raising together. JD had Maggy a pit. Maggy wanted some of the liver when my friend did not give her any she growled. Next day my friend showed to help and asked JD where was Maggy. As soon as you left I took her out in back and shot her. She knew you and yet she growled at you. I can't have that in a dog. There are children and other relatives, friends that come by here.

If you agree with euthanizing an animal because it growls once, then our views on animal behavior and training are probably miles apart.

Why did Maggy growl? Purely for the liver? Was there something else that could've caused it? How did the friend respond? How did JD respond? Was Maggy ever taught that a growl wasn't permitted? That was a great teaching moment for all three "animals" involved, so how was it used?

I got it. Circumstances and details that aren't typed out on a gun forum; I wasn't there, etc. But a bullet for a growl is excessive. And if euthanasia is really warranted, firing squad for a dog is cruel when much more humane methods are available and perfected with modern medicine.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

If you agree with euthanizing an animal because it growls once, then our views on animal behavior and training are probably miles apart.

Why did Maggy growl? Purely for the liver? Was there something else that could've caused it? How did the friend respond? How did JD respond? Was Maggy ever taught that a growl wasn't permitted? That was a great teaching moment for all three "animals" involved, so how was it used?

I got it. Circumstances and details that aren't typed out on a gun forum; I wasn't there, etc. But a bullet for a growl is excessive. And if euthanasia is really warranted, firing squad for a dog is cruel when much more humane methods are available and perfected with modern medicine.

I absolutely agree with what JD did. Likely I suspect it was not first time, but even once under those conditions is a serious transgression. This is my ideal of a submissive dog. The dog below is in submission to me and within reason to complete strangers that I am dealing with. But she is still a good guardian.
    She typically tries to hold my ankle with her back legs which she is doing right at the moment.
    33077934_923282031166613_1459300290837610496_o.jpg
    What ever a Malinois can do, she could at least equal relative really hurting someone

DSCF1458 1.jpg

Attachments

• 33077934_923282031166613_1459300290837610496_o.jpg
      33077934_923282031166613_1459300290837610496_o.jpg
      385.8 KB · Views: 104
    • DSCF1458 1.jpg
      DSCF1458 1.jpg
      432.6 KB · Views: 105

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Thanks. The dog was the black lab I mentioned earlier and he bit the handler and this did seem to infuriate the handler. It was a tense scene to witness.

alpha rule one; no growling or snapping , or biting at caveman

alpha rule two; see rule one

imo, it is of paramount importance, I be the alpha male...dogs remember that, or regret it...

I have been known to bite a dog that would not quit, until they submitted and whimpered to me...

I watch the dogs and their behavior patterns, and wildlife shows on dogs and wolves, and emulate alpha patterns...

and believe me, your dog watches every move you make, and mannerisms, until you can induce certain behavior, just from a look

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Some breeds are more submissive and less aggressive than others.
    Below is a picture of two easy going white english pups and a younger two month old brindle bulldog pup. The true Brindles are getting harder to find and are aggressive. But still they never should growl at members of the house hold.

View attachment 66743 33396416_10211999693016240_5906543101106716672_o.jpg

Attachments

• 33396416_10211999693016240_5906543101106716672_o.jpg
      33396416_10211999693016240_5906543101106716672_o.jpg
      184.2 KB · Views: 91
    Last edited:

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I have had GameBred American PitBull Terriers for the last 40 years.

They love children

They will die for you.

Trained right they will KILL FOR YOU.

Mind have caught 300lb wild boar and that same night snored as they slept on the foot of my bed.

Highly Intelligent

Very Strong

Can and will take a beating and keep on ticking

Protect you other cats and dog and even live stock.

Put the Fear of God into anyone who threatens you 12742171_884336418354344_4767933397439751437_n.jpg 20160216_105555.jpg

Here he is in his prime..Drock,neighbor, used to ride him like a horse. Snored like a freight train when he got old. Was sweet and gentle on my Mom til he passed

My little buddy DID everything ever asked of him.

NOTHING OR NO ONE EVER BACKED HIM DOWN>

He passed at 16 on my bed where he had slept for 16 years.

I miss the crap out of him and he is a year gone now.

SHIVA...rip

Attachments

• 12742171_884336418354344_4767933397439751437_n.jpg
      12742171_884336418354344_4767933397439751437_n.jpg
      61.6 KB · Views: 90
    • 20160216_105555.jpg
      20160216_105555.jpg
      438.2 KB · Views: 91

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OldMan's: Sounds like it was a great dog for sure. Key word was game bred. This can mean many things, but today it should mean that a lot of attention was applied toward the quality of the parents that were used for the breeding. Many do not know that game bred at one time had to do with willingness to fight in the pit (Actually I think it was often call a box) with other dogs. Not necessarily to win, but to never give up. Pit wt dogs were between 30-55 lbs. I would never fight a dog myself, but of course i would not put to waste the genetics derived from breeding if it served my purpose. A lot of so called pit bulls are mongrels and bred by backyard breeders that have not a clue as to what a good dog should be.
    A good pit is a super dog relative to strength and drive. Too much drive for me, but if balanced with good breeding makes for a very good family dog. A pit at one time was considered the ideal pet for a boy. Remember the dog on the little rascals, those were pits that were used in its filming.
    220px-Schools-out-our-gang-1930.jpg

Attachments

• 220px-Schools-out-our-gang-1930.jpg
      220px-Schools-out-our-gang-1930.jpg
      10.4 KB · Views: 110

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Something to note Oldman, your dog died at 16 yrs, many of the modern bully breeds do not live that long due to poor breeding. 16 yrs is what one should expect from a well bred dog with the exception of some of the toy breeds which can live longer. I think 8 yrs is average for a great dane and about the same for an English Bulldog that are not the same as white english. A colleague has an Olde English Bulldogge that is now 15 yrs. A man by the name of Leavitte created that breed from English Bulldog crossed with White English and some other dogs were later put in. Made up some false history about, but it is a healthy dog which was the point of making the breed. Probably make good house and yard dogs.

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    FrommerStop

True what you say.. GAME bred means parents ,grandparents,,greatgrandparents Have all been Performance Tested and tested hard. The Weak Break,GiveUp, won't hunt.. won't protect in other Words BAD GENEs and are CULLED.

My buddy was a sired by a champion pit dog who dad was a grandchampion Pitdog on top of a daughter of a grandchampion..bottom was a triple hollingsworth dolly ROM(champion maker) bitch. She passed at 15 on mine and my Mothers lap. Both thru a high % of Highly inteligent, easy to socialize ,hyper physically able dogs.

Gameness IS not aggressiveness.... Many Hyper aggressive dogs can dish it out BUT CAN NOT take a beating ,,will not take a beating. My Shiva at 1 yr caught a 300lb boar that had run off and beat up 4 Bigger experienced Catch dogs... He got pretty cut up. 6 x 2 inch gashes... took 4 of us to Pry him loose. I was offered 5k for him. I DO NOT SELL MY FRIENDS SIR was my answer.

His only negative was that he was slow... Slow like a 4x4 diesel truck with 5.10 gears though. But He was very smart... Super strong. FEARLESS. LOYAL. and had a Mouth Like a TrashCompactor...

I used to try and catch coyotes with him in NM but he was just too slow. Wild Boar/Pigs ran at him mostly it seemed. He was Like a laser on the snout or ear. He even learned to double bite by releasing when a pig tried to hook him and catch a throat hold... Killed several that way.. badazz mofo.. he was..He put the fear o fGod in an Ex UFC fighter also at a party who put me in a Friendlyheadlock. Shiva did Not like his aggressiveness towards me...lol. God I love that DAWG still.

Time to get my Last little buddy it seems I am ready again.

Nature in its INFINITE Kindness Culls defective genes. Humans? seems most breed purely for $$ and if its a retarded,schitzophrenic Biter and Looks Fashionable it gets bred ,sold for $$$ .. GenePool be damned.

oh well to each their own I guess.

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    The Little Rascals had about 6 gamebred Petey's

Why Pitbulls?

they tried Shepards,boxers,dalmatians...many different breeds BUT the little kids were Monsters...LOL. Pitbulls LOVE the roughhousing with kids and Never bit them... the other breeds did Snap at the kids.

Think about it. A gamebred Pit is the Hunters Last line of defense.. HE stands between a KILLER and his Master. He will die for you. Also Back in time the origins of Fighting GameBred Pitbull LORE is that highly agressive or man biting Pitbulls WERE CURS AND HAD NO REAL HEART.

This I believe. Heart in a PitBull IS TO LIVE AND DIE FOR ITS MASTER. never to hurt. But few cull nowadays.. Cross gamebred pits with AnkleBiters and Hence .>>people get bit by something they call a PITBULL.. When its Not IMO>

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Little Rascals had about 6 gamebred Petey's

Why Pitbulls?

they tried Shepards,boxers,dalmatians...many different breeds BUT the little kids were Monsters...LOL. Pitbulls LOVE the roughhousing with kids and Never bit them... the other breeds did Snap at the kids.

Think about it. A gamebred Pit is the Hunters Last line of defense.. HE stands between a KILLER and his Master. He will die for you. Also Back in time the origins of Fighting GameBred Pitbull LORE is that highly agressive or man biting Pitbulls WERE CURS AND HAD NO REAL HEART.

This I believe. Heart in a PitBull IS TO LIVE AND DIE FOR ITS MASTER. never to hurt. But few cull nowadays.. Cross gamebred pits with AnkleBiters and Hence .>>people get bit by something they call a PITBULL.. When its Not IMO>
    In the pit the dogs were handled and pulled apart by the men. A dog that bit someone while being handled was not normally allowed back. Probably his owner was not too welcomed either to come back.

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    what you say is FACT... who wants to handle a out of control,hysterical dog that bites his owner...??

I almost got a Belgian Malinois?? sp. BUT.. Too sharp for me. Too easy to Bite Humans. imo.

Simply the best at what they do....

I prefer a gamebred 50lb Male American PitBull terrier of ADBA or other sporting registry..NOT UKC OR AKC......too showy,,Pretty but imo WEAKer gene pool ..More aggressive usually also...lol.. ACT tougher..But Not tougher

Last edited:

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I sure miss this Old Boy...43# of love on the side of a hogs face.
    DSC_0699.jpg

Pee Wee

Attachments

• DSC_0699.jpg
      DSC_0699.jpg
      36.1 KB · Views: 101

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    what you say is FACT... who wants to handle a out of control,hysterical dog that bites his owner...??

I almost got a Belgian Malinois?? sp. BUT.. Too sharp for me. Too easy to Bite Humans. imo.

Simply the best at what they do....

I prefer a gamebred 50lb Male American PitBull terrier of ADBA or other sporting registry..NOT UKC OR AKC......too showy,,Pretty but imo WEAKer gene pool ..More aggressive usually also...lol.. ACT tougher..But Not tougher
    You raised a very valid point. The group I hang with are literally the only true white english group on the net, although there a lot of informal breeders in Alabama and Georgia that breed some very good WE dogs. The point being that Heather WH and Ray Lane that run our group are adamantly opposed to typical dog shows in that they ruin the working qualities of working breeds. It took me awhile to understand that, but now I see that it is true.
    NOT UKC OR AKC..
    . Dogs are graded by how some high fa-looting yahoo thinks they should look like in the show ring; the functionality of the dog is lost. It so happens that the pit bull behavior is a little too intense for me, but I greatly respect a well bred pit that does what it is suppose to do. Both the Malanois and the pit bull will likely not show any mercy to the stupid that my white english may show if there are no signs of aggression. There are a lot of stupid people in this world and unfortunately the law tends to protect them.

OldMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Handsome Man there.................

Nothing like the bond forged in battle together.........

again. 43lb of Magnificience.

Function creates its own beauty

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    More information on the Malinois

Top Bottom