• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    It's taken me awhile. I can imagine now what the g19 guys have been lusting over for the last 30 years. I've tried, on more than one occasion, to make the g19 be the gun that I'd heard it was supposed to be. It's overly large palm swell and, in the days of modern striker fire, just OK trigger.... I always found it lacking. Not to discredit those that found what they wanted in the large compact/smallish full size gun. A gun that did so many things well that it was hard not to buy it unless you had some other specific niche you were trying to fill. My first USP was fun but oh so utilitarian on the grip.... but it still felt better than any Glock I've handled. HKs were fine, but until the P30 and the subsequent VP9, they weren't quite right. Even then, they were relatively expensive and somewhat limited on aftermarket options. My Steyr M9-A1.... Great gun but what a pain in the ass to find a holster and what a steep grip angle!!! PPQ? Great grip and trigger but always felt a little top heavy. Sig 1911.... SOOOO cool...... but I sold it.... I just didn't shoot it much.... M&P9 was good..... much better with the Apex trigger. Not quite the Glock aftermarket support but more than adequate. But still.... not quite.... "perfect".

M&P9 2.0 compact..... O... M... F... G... There's just something abou this gun that makes it feel "RIGHT". I know everyone has their own taste/preference but both of mine have been solidly met with the 4" compact. It's cheap! Texture is just about pefect. Grip options are great, med or med large are amazing!! Trigger, out of the box, is solidly above average. It's not an Apex but it's one of the better stock triggers. Size, like the G19 guys have been talking about for 30yrs, is just right. Large enough to fit the hand, small enough that you can conceal if you wanted to. 15rds mags... good. You want 17rd mags.... great. If you really want to upgrade the sights/trigger, you've got options. If Smith had dropped this pistol instead of the original M&P, they'd have a significantly larger market share.

I've got a lot of guns (God bless the USA!!) but this is one of the few that just feels.... right... in the hand. And there's a $50 rebate!!!!!

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I'll second what Little Jacks has stated. I'm a M&P fan but always have liked the size of a g19. After testing out a buddies 2.0 compact I was hooked as well. Out of the box the trigger is decent, waaaaayyy better than the 1.0, but not perfect either.
    I got to put a few rounds thru mine the other day and, although the gun overall is a great ccw option, I'll probably still upgrade the sights and maybe tone down the grip texture a bit.
    This is certainly a glock ccw competitor.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

p95ccw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I feel the same. Went with a M&P 2.0 Compact due to the amazing feeling in the hand. Fits me very well. I really wanted to get a glock as well due to the aftermarket. But I just naturally point and shoot the M&P much better.

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I rarely find better prices on anything than I find on grabagun....if you havent looked there, you need to check it out. Buds is a good place to look to and they have some great prices, but sometimes, unexpectedly they have a high price...so far, I've not had that experience. Now, I rarely buy a gun from a brick and mortar store...prices a little high and that darn sales tax

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Do you know if they are part of the blue label program from S&W

They are, buds and quantico tactical have them under their programs.
    Idk if you can use the 50$ rebate with a qp/Blue discount but if you could you should be looking at less than 400$ otd.

Top Bottom