• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Goobers, idiots, ignorant or just plain stupid?

Within the past couple of weeks, I have seen 2 different men mowing their lawns on riding mowers, even had their kid riding on the mower with them. 1 was sitting in dad's lap, the other was actually standing and trying to climb up him (lol). Both kids were easily less than 6 yrs old (more like 3-4yrs old). Wow, What a Great Dad right? Taking care of the kids and the lawn at the same time. Only problem was their hearing protection! The kids had none at all, but their dear old dad or grandpa damn sure had his on. Just plain stupid.

A few weeks ago up blackwater river, I saw a guy and gal riding a jet-ski at wot cutting our wake as the easily passed us and soon out of sight. The woman was also holding onto an infant child w/o a life vest on. Seen them twice that day.
    And today, I was up blackwater with some friends, near the navy boat docks, a larger boat was cutting thru the wake chop running a good clip. A guy was standing up holding onto an infant with 1 arm and holding on with the other, again no vest on the child. As we were going in (no wake zone), a boat was coming out with 2 small kids under 10yrs of age, no vests on. Not sure if they put them on when they got to the main river, but I thought kids have to be wearing vest when the boat is under way, not just in the main channel, etc.. ?

What's wrong with people, memory lapse, ill-informed, plain stupid or just don't give a sheit. :crazy:

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Stupid and don’t care until FWC tickets them then they will come up with some lame excuses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    You’d be surprised at how many people I see pulling into a parking spot with a child sitting in their lap, no one wearing a belt.
    Well maybe youn wouldnt, I still hear people say it’s safer to not wear a seat belt in case a logging truck flips onto them and they have to duck into the floorboard.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    4 days ago an 'ole girl at the TT was at the gas pumps, left her about 3yo in the car (in car-seat), engine shut-off, windows up. She was in the store in-line for well over 10 minutes. Don't know if the car was unlocked or not, and unsure how long she'd been in the store before I got there as she was already inside when I pulled in. I was thinking what a pos mother she was, as there was another lady there with her 3 kids around 6-10yo in the store with her.
    It'd never cross my mind to leave my kids in a vehicle alone, there's just too many things that can go wrong in that situation.

Top Bottom